Margot Robbie-Harley Quinn
Will Smith-Deadshot
Jai Courtney-Boomerang

Rick Roven-producer

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:17 PM 08-10-2016
It'd be interesting to see how Marvel would portray Galactus.

Rise of the Silver Surfer wasn't good but I actually didn't hate the giant-storm-cloud Galactus
[Reply]
Bowser 12:46 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Captain America.

Once the Infinity War comes out, Avenger will be the best super hero series of all time.

It is rumored that 63 characters will be making some sort of appearance in the 2 films and someone very close to the project has hinted that one of those is.......Galactus.

Meaning that they may have worked something out with Fox regarding the FF characters.....
Don't you fuck with us. Don't you dare be fucking with us.

Honestly, to do Infinity Wars correctly, they're going to need Galactus, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four (they really could use the X-Men as well, but we know that's not happening). I really hope they did get the rights, because in the right hands those characters would be great on screen, especially for something as big as Infinity War.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:49 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It'd be interesting to see how Marvel would portray Galactus.

Rise of the Silver Surfer wasn't good but I actually didn't hate the giant-storm-cloud Galactus
Fuck that. They shit all over Galactus and Surfer and deserve to be ridiculed for it. So, so terrible. Now, if they were trying to portray Gah-Lak-Tus, they might have gotten pretty close without intending to. But piss on them anyway.

I would LOVE to see the Russo brothers have Galactus and Surfer in their movies, along with any number of other celestial powered characters.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:52 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
**** that. They shit all over Galactus and Surfer and deserve to be ridiculed for it. So, so terrible. Now, if they were trying to portray Gah-Lak-Tus, they might have gotten pretty close without intending to. But piss on them anyway.

I would LOVE to see the Russo brothers have Galactus and Surfer in their movies, along with any number of other celestial powered characters.
I don't think they did, honestly.

How else could they have done Galactus? He's a giant weird looking douche with a pink, preposterous costume in the comics.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:20 PM 08-10-2016
I am so ready.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:26 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Maybe, but they're still $40 million under budget and that doesn't include the $100 million spent on marketing.

I'll be shocked if this doesn't go down as a loser on their books, which wouldn't fare well for Ayers.
From Deadline:

Don’t underestimate the box office traction of Warner Bros. Suicide Squad. In its fifth day at the box office, the David Ayer DC villain movie took in $14.27M, up 9% from Monday. Of course, that’s a record Tuesday in August, and as we’ve seen all along, Suicide Squad keeps whomping Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy records. That film previously owned the Tuesday high for August with $11.9M. But here’s what Suicide Squad‘s till yesterday outflanks when it comes to Tuesday highs: Captain America: Civil War‘s at $13.76M, Avengers: Age of Ultron‘s $13.1M and Batman v. Superman‘s $12.7M Tuesday.

For the reviews and an August release, WB should be happy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
From Deadline:

Don’t underestimate the box office traction of Warner Bros. Suicide Squad. In its fifth day at the box office, the David Ayer DC villain movie took in $14.27M, up 9% from Monday. Of course, that’s a record Tuesday in August, and as we’ve seen all along, Suicide Squad keeps whomping Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy records. That film previously owned the Tuesday high for August with $11.9M. But here’s what Suicide Squad‘s till yesterday outflanks when it comes to Tuesday highs: Captain America: Civil War‘s at $13.76M, Avengers: Age of Ultron‘s $13.1M and Batman v. Superman‘s $12.7M Tuesday.

For the reviews and an August release, WB should be happy.
well it looks like someone liked the movie outside of this threads participants.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:04 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Captain America.

Once the Infinity War comes out, Avenger will be the best super hero series of all time.

It is rumored that 63 characters will be making some sort of appearance in the 2 films and someone very close to the project has hinted that one of those is.......Galactus.

Meaning that they may have worked something out with Fox regarding the FF characters.....
I'd think you're probably right about Captain America being the second best series, though I think Spider-Man 1 and 2 are on par with Captain America and Winter Soldier(and they are my preference).

I'd think they'd be able to get away with including Galactus without his saying his name, similar to what they did with Quicksilver and Scarletwitch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:38 PM 08-10-2016
Maybe they could just refer to him as the World Eater or something lame like that. It's not like Galactus is a really cool name anyway.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:39 PM 08-10-2016
But where does Galactus fit in with Thanos?

And what part will Loki play in all this?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:45 PM 08-10-2016
Easter Egg for Suicide Squad:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Laz 09:58 PM 08-10-2016
Just saw Suicide Squad today in 3D.

1. 3D is not worth it, not much to it.
2. Will Smith playing the same part he always seems to play
3. I went into the movie expecting to hate Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn and was pleasantly surprised. The interaction between Harley and Deadshot one of the better parts of the movie.
4. The witch and the brother were really cool looking but "empty" characters.
5. This movie would have REALLY benefited from having added character development from previous movies like Avengers did from Ironman,Thor etc. There was just too many character to develop in a single movie so none of them really did.
6. Crazy bad guys weren't very crazy or bad
7. Killer Croc was cool looking and mildly racist
8. captain boomerang was just dumb
9. special effect were pretty dam good
10. DC is trying to be Marvel but it's not looking good so far

Overall the movie was decent but left me feeling like half of it had been left on cutting room floor.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:08 PM 08-10-2016
[QUOTE=Rams Fan;12361940]Easter Egg for Suicide Squad:

[SPOILER]Supposedly on Harley Quinn's rap sheet...

It says Accomplice
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:01 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Just saw Suicide Squad today in 3D.

1. 3D is not worth it, not much to it.
2. Will Smith playing the same part he always seems to play
3. I went into the movie expecting to hate Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn and was pleasantly surprised. The interaction between Harley and Deadshot one of the better parts of the movie.
4. The witch and the brother were really cool looking but "empty" characters.
5. This movie would have REALLY benefited from having added character development from previous movies like Avengers did from Ironman,Thor etc. There was just too many character to develop in a single movie so none of them really did.
6. Crazy bad guys weren't very crazy or bad
7. Killer Croc was cool looking and mildly racist
8. captain boomerang was just dumb
9. special effect were pretty dam good
10. DC is trying to be Marvel but it's not looking good so far

Overall the movie was decent but left me feeling like half of it had been left on cutting room floor.
Your point 5 is well taken. The reverse-Avengers approach didn't work so well since most of these characters were marginal in most people's minds -- that said I don't think any of them outside of Joker and Harley Quinn could sustain a movie. That tells you something.

And I'm firmly in the "it wasn't bad" camp who thinks most of the critics missed the point.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:59 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Easter Egg for Suicide Squad:

Spoiler!
At the beginning it does this stupidly awkward thing to introduce the characters where they splat text up on the screen like a page in a comic book. It has a few comments about each one of them. HQ's says

Spoiler!

or something like that.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up