Will Smith-Deadshot
Jai Courtney-Boomerang

Rick Roven-producer

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:07 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I think I'm just going to hold out for the David Ayer cut of this before I see it.
Ayers has already stated that no other cut exists nor will he add a director's cut in the future.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:34 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ayers has already stated that no other cut exists nor will he add a director's cut in the future.
Really? That contradicts THR's story that very specifically mentioned 2 different cuts. So Ayer is denying that report?

I hadn't seen that.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:38 AM 08-05-2016
Blech. That's a bummer. Now I don't know what to do. :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:16 AM 08-05-2016
I wonder if they're going to have Leto's Joker cut/ tear is face off then having it crudely grafted back on in the DCU.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08-05-2016, 10:17 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Sure-Oz 10:37 AM 08-05-2016
Yeah he basically said this is his cut ...even if there is an original out there I doubt they release it. I'm hoping they add Joker's scenes as deleted scenes at minimum.

@BatmanNewsCom: I really liked #SuicideSquad! I think the general audience is going to love it. It's a ton of fun. Way funnier than I thought too!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:38 AM 08-05-2016
I'm hoping to see SS Sunday...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Really? That contradicts THR's story that very specifically mentioned 2 different cuts. So Ayer is denying that report?

I hadn't seen that.
http://collider.com/suicide-squad-de...to-david-ayer/

Indeed, Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with writer/director David Ayer at the press day for Suicide Squad, and the filmmaker confirmed that there’s definitely going to be a fair amount of deleted scenes on the Blu-ray:

“We have a chunk, there’s definitely over 10 minutes of material on there. But this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut. And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you fucking love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship (laughs), not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.”
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:12 AM 08-05-2016
http://collider.com/suicide-squad-de...to-david-ayer/

Indeed, Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with writer/director David Ayer at the press day for Suicide Squad, and the filmmaker confirmed that there’s definitely going to be a fair amount of deleted scenes on the Blu-ray:

“We have a chunk, there’s definitely over 10 minutes of material on there. But this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut. And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you fucking love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship (laughs), not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.”
Thanks for posting that. I found it right after your other post earlier. I guess I'll see it. Probably wait until I can watch it at home, though.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:13 PM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Spiderman 3 is Fantastic Four bad. It was so bad Toby Mcquire is still ****ing looking for work. It completed crippled the entire ****ing Spiderman franchise single handed. And BVS is not absolutely ****ing terrible.
You're delusional, and DC hopes there are a lot more of your kind.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:25 PM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I think you just hate DC, or have forgotten how bad Spiderman 3 was.

You are the delusional one if you are going to argue that Spiderman 3 is better than BVS, MOS, or SS.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:42 PM 08-05-2016
Off to a great start...Thursday night box office numbers were really good:

http://deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-...ie-1201799046/

Did 9 million more than GOTG did on its Thursday night.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:45 PM 08-05-2016
I'm curious as to why you think Spiderman 3>BvS.

Both movies share similarities in that they rushed in so many characters. BvS at least had a somewhat accurate depiction of Batman and Superman from the comics. The villains in BvS at least served a role and didn't re-write the origin stories for either Batman or Superman.

In Spiderman 3, Sandman ruined Spiderman's origin story by being the killer of Uncle Ben, which is not an accurate adaption from the comics in any way what so ever. Additionally, Sandman served 0 fucking purpose in the movie. None.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:20 PM 08-05-2016
Just saw it. I liked it, but a bit less than BvS. The pacing felt off the whole time. Too much meandering at the beginning establishing (some of...) the characters, too little time given for the climax and resolution. But it was in no way a bad movie in my opinion. The critic responses to these comic movies are really, really getting out of hand.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:05 PM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just saw it. I liked it, but a bit less than BvS.
Really?

I have no exposure to the comix. I'm going in raw.

That said I've got a 2-1 on the positive. And those were big DC fans. Why the hate?....
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:31 PM 08-05-2016
Are you a DC hater? You certainly seem to be riding Marvel's nuts pretty hard if you are will to take up for Hulk(s), Spidey 3, etc, while conveniently setting aside Nolan's DC stuff when mentioned as if it isn't part of DC? I forgot, who collaborated and was a producer on MoS?

I know the comics forums have their silly Marvel vs DC haters and fanbois, but I think CP has at least one?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up