ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>sister needs dental help
ljmhawk 07:37 AM 10-28-2020
sister needs help with dental work. insurance won’t cover any of it. every little bit helps, thanks.

go fund me page
https://gf.me/u/y6mnbv
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Better make that $30K as she will have to pay taxes on whatever she gets.

Maybe a job, brushing teeth earlier in life, and less Meth(a lot less) would have alleviated the need to suck money from total strangers so her vanity can deal with her meth mouth smile when looking in the mirror.

Pisses me off she's getting free bandwidth on this forum.
This is a rather terrible comment, it lacks empathy and is full of disinformation.
[Reply]
threebag 11:14 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
I'm still confused on why regular dentures isn't the best route considering her bone concerns and would run around 2k...I have a implant myself and only got one because my wife. They aren't a necessity but a preference.
Probably feel better if she’d gum a root without posts
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:17 AM 10-29-2020

Maybe a job, brushing teeth earlier in life, and less Meth(a lot less) would have alleviated the need to suck money from total strangers so her vanity can deal with her meth mouth smile when looking in the mirror.

Why, why oh why, do we allow posts like this to exist? A member of our community has asked for help for one of their Family members. There is no way in hell this should be allowed. Shameful.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:21 AM 10-29-2020
OP can she atleast get some antibiotics and pain medication in the meantime?
[Reply]
ljmhawk 11:37 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
OP can she atleast get some antibiotics and pain medication in the meantime?
yea she’s been taking antibiotics, not sure about a pain pill.
[Reply]
threebag 11:39 AM 10-29-2020
Isn’t there a free clinic in Lawrence? I think they do procedures like this at the Hunter health clinic in Wichita.

I’d shop around seems like they are putting the screws to her with that quote.
[Reply]
threebag 11:41 AM 10-29-2020
They do the complete deal in Ponca City and you can apply for a CareCredit Card.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 11:43 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Isn’t there a free clinic in Lawrence? I think they do procedures like this at the Hunter health clinic in Wichita.

I’d shop around seems like they are putting the screws to her with that quote.
i’m sure she’s looked into it. she had already looked into the KU dental school but there’s a year long wait list, i’d guess it’s probably the same for those other options as well.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:45 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Why, why oh why, do we allow posts like this to exist? A member of our community has asked for help for one of their Family members. There is no way in hell this should be allowed. Shameful.
He’s worthless
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
i’m sure she’s looked into it. she had already looked into the KU dental school but there’s a year long wait list, i’d guess it’s probably the same for those other options as well.
Let me make a phone call.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 12:36 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Let me make a phone call.
awesome thanks!
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 12:46 PM 10-29-2020

This attitude is absolutely shameful. Not everyone who needs help is in that position because of their own bad choices. Sometimes you can do everything right, and it just doesn't work out for you.

I would rather help someone who may not really need it as opposed to neglect someone who really does need it. It is for this reason that I try to help panhandlers when I can (usually by buying them some food). I figure that even if they are spending all their money on booze and/or drugs (and that's an "if" because I don't know that) they can still use a warm smile and some edible food.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:52 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah, that's what my wife's coworker's husband did.

He died 2 weeks later from an unknown bacterial infection that got into his bloodstream from the dental work. It was a horrific death. He basically swelled up so much that he popped, then his skin rotted off. His wife tried to hold his hand and the skin just pulled off in her hand.

Think twice about medical tourism. Say what you want about our prices here, but at least we are clean (generally) and have stringent standards.
Are you serious? I know you joke around a lot but this looks like a serious post. Crazy if true. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 12:56 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
eh he threw that little jab. just trying to help a family member out. shoulda known half the replies would be immature.
Dude, you've been here almost 2 years. Dang right you should know that you're going to get a few smart Alec posts. It comes with the territory. Though a couple of these idiots took it a little too far, IMO.

I hope your sister gets the help she needs. I don't recall if you said what is her age. I would seriously consider dentures in her situation. But I do realize that might terrify a younger person.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 12:58 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Dude, you've been here almost 2 years. Dang right you should know that you're going to get a few smart Alec posts. It comes with the territory. Though a couple of these idiots took it a little too far, IMO.

I hope your sister gets the help she needs. I don't recall if you said what is her age. I would seriously consider dentures in her situation. But I do realize that might terrify a younger person.
today is her birthday ironically, she turns 40.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up