ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2622 of 2688
« First < 1622212225222572261226182619262026212622 262326242625262626322672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:51 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Clark is all of us in that photo.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:39 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Crazy. He beats Baltimore and he’s tied for 3rd place all time in playoff wins.
I think this is the perfect year to put those 3 fucks behind him
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:06 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by :

The fact Mahomes is playing like himself again and that trend pretty much started when Moore and Toney “got hurt” could also point that the problem was that he didn’t trust them, specifically.

That would make sense if they were the only two dropping passes. It was everybody, everywhere, all the time. As was pointed out upthread, Mahomes just refused to throw to certain windows for whatever reason.

And that first ball to MVS? He bobbled it, but brought it in. That’s a huge confidence builder. And it led to his second catch.

And I’ll bet it leads to few more this week.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:57 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And for the most part, so was "nobody's open"

That ball to MVS down the sideline was in a smaller window than 100 of them that he's come off of this year and people have claimed there was nobody to throw to.

It may just be that in the regular season he was more worried about making mistakes. And for a bit maybe it got into his head.

But it's nut cuttin' time and he's firing the ball into zones before guys make their breaks. He's putting them into tiny windows and trusting himself and his receivers to execute.

He's playing at the level we knew he could play at. And it's why this offense is kicking ass again.

If he continues at this level, we hoist another Lombardi. It's really as simple as that.
Even though the Rams lost to Detroit in the playoffs, I remember watching that game and Stafford was just throwing darts to receivers (and completing them) that weren't really open. It really was a fantastic performance and I thought to myself Mahomes can do that too, he just won't attempt those passes.

Mahomes did on Sunday. Stafford also did that to Baltimore this year and I think Mahomes is about to.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:36 AM 01-23-2024
It’s Tuesday, January 23, 2023, and Patrick Mahomes is our quarterback.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The fact Mahomes is playing like himself again and that trend pretty much started when Moore and Toney “got hurt” could also point that the problem was that he didn’t trust them, specifically.

Crazy. He beats Baltimore and he’s tied for 3rd place all time in playoff wins.

Surreal
But why would he 'trust' MVS any more than either of them. He was FAR worse with drops this season than they were. And Toney has largely been replaced by Hardman who's pretty much done nothing but torch organizational equity since he got here.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 01-23-2024
I'd kinda like Toney to be able to play this weekend.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:58 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn't
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:02 AM 01-23-2024
But, why?

We finally hit our stride after ditching him and Moore
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 01-23-2024
If it comes at the expense of Hardman - yeah.

Man, I've been defending that guy since before we even let him hit free agency but c'mon my dude. You touched the ball twice and fumbled it both times. Once on fairly nominal contact, the other by just being an idiot.

I just can't get over that. And with MVS having himself a nice little game last week (and catching the only ball thrown his way for a key conversion against Miami the week before) - I just don't have much use for Hardman.

He was my MVS replacement and that window has closed.

But yeah, I still think Toney can help us. Because again fellas - regression to the mean. Toney doesn't ACTUALLY drop that many balls. His catch rate is quite good. The problem is that the ball he's dropped have been picks. Well that's an impossible run of bad luck that cannot - will not - continue.

And he still has the best combination of athleticism and body control we have on the roster outside of Rice. I just think we have to be done putting him across the middle. Use him on the outside or behind the LOS. Stop putting him in the slush over the middle where those balls get deflected into the mess.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:12 AM 01-23-2024

Man, I've been defending that guy since before we even let him hit free agency but c'mon my dude. You touched the ball twice and fumbled it both times. Once on fairly nominal contact, the other by just being an idiot.

I just can't get over that. And with MVS having himself a nice little game last week (and catching the only ball thrown his way for a key conversion against Miami the week before) - I just don't have much use for Hardman.

But yeah, I still think Toney can help us. Because again fellas - regression to the mean. Toney doesn't ACTUALLY drop that many balls. His catch rate is quite good. The problem is that the ball he's dropped have been picks. Well that's an impossible run of bad luck that cannot - will not - continue.

And he still has the best combination of athleticism and body control we have on the roster outside of Rice. I just think we have to be done putting him across the middle. Use him on the outside or behind the LOS. Stop putting him in the slush over the middle where those balls get deflected into the mess.

Why the fuck is he holding the ball over his head in traffic at the goal line? He should not get another opportunity to fuck the Chiefs this season.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:25 PM 01-23-2024
https://youtu.be/R57Blu-lnd4?si=Ur2dw-7RKwuXDXSP

Go to 2:50 mark enjoy it.
[Reply]
Shag 10:33 PM 01-23-2024

I think the problem with bringing back Toney in this situation is that he'll be pressing to prove he's not the guy he's looked to be all season. I can easily see him pushing for extra yards, or trying to do some superman shit, only to have it backfire. I'd be shocked if he's on the field.

That said, putting Hardman out there could create the same problem. I think you use him as a decoy on deep routes and jet sweeps, but keep the ball out of his hands.

It's a shame we have to gameplan our WRs out of the game.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:40 PM 01-23-2024
Toney for Hardman is fine with me
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:44 PM 01-23-2024

Over 50 years of watching these QB's @PatrickMahomes is the best I've ever seen!

For more videos of Mad Dog Unleashed download or visit the SiriusXM App: https://t.co/jCKtMt3gtz pic.twitter.com/MvZ6ukH23H

— Chris Mad Dog Russo (@MadDogUnleashed) January 23, 2024

[Reply]
Page 2622 of 2688
« First < 1622212225222572261226182619262026212622 262326242625262626322672 > Last »
Up