ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3788 of 4827
« First < 2788328836883738377837843785378637873788 378937903791379237983838388842884788 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
DomCasual 12:23 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Well you can say "this is not a defense of Paton" until you're blue in the face, but until you give a valid counter argument I don't know what to tell you bud
A counter argument to what? I’m asking sincerely. I think they should keep Paton around until the draft, and then fire him. I don’t think they should let him get within five miles of any coaching interviews. I am not a Paton apologist.

This is not a zero-sum argument. Paton can suck, AND Nathaniel Hackett can be a bad coach.

He said that Hackett was the fall guy for George Paton. I pointed out that Nathaniel Hackett had done plenty, by himself, to justify getting fired. What part of that am I supposed to counter?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:27 AM 01-09-2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Originally Posted by :
I'll be honest... have not read many training camp updates or media prognostications about the upcoming year. So, I don't know what the 'experts' or rival fans are really claiming.

I think KC will miss Hill a lot, especially early. Pat is one of those QBs that can make average WRs look really good, so you've got that going for you. JuJu and MVS are good adds and Sky could be a top threat. It will take some time for them to be in lock step like the offense was with Hill.

Chargers are KC's greatest divisional threat at this point. KC is still the odds on favorite to win the division again, I have no issues saying that or that the Chargers are just about right there with them.

Denver has to prove it - no doubt. I think they can get to that 10 win range and still finish 3rd unfortunately. I have them at 10 wins and missing the playoffs, but with the expanded # of teams that advance, they have a better chance.

Dismissing the loss of Hill as if the others are just gonna step in and keep the machine rolling... a bit of homerism, but that's what happens on these sites. Losing Hill will not create a void that causes KC to fall under 10 wins though. It's pure folly to think that because of the QB.

Herbert is legit though and that offense can do some damage, so they're honestly the best bet to dethrone KC.
This was my favorite part of that post.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:37 AM 01-09-2023
Bold prediction--

Tampa Bay will beat Dallas next Monday night. Jerry Jones, in a fit of rage, will fire Mike McCarthy.

KnowMo will be blustering for weeks about how Payton is going to Mile High....only to have his heart broken when the Cowboys trade two first round picks to the Saints and scoop him up to be their next head coach.

Harbaugh will then get a giant contract extension/bonus from Michigan, have played his interview into a giant raise, and KnowMo will be heartbroken again.

Whatever scrub the :-) then find to coach the team will be part of the "Paton Plan" and will have been their target all along.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:39 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
A counter argument to what? I’m asking sincerely. I think they should keep Paton around until the draft, and then fire him. I don’t think they should let him get within five miles of any coaching interviews. I am not a Paton apologist.

This is not a zero-sum argument. Paton can suck, AND Nathaniel Hackett can be a bad coach.

He said that Hackett was the fall guy for George Paton. I pointed out that Nathaniel Hackett had done plenty, by himself, to justify getting fired. What part of that am I supposed to counter?
I guess I misread your sentiment, my apologies. Hell, good luck to you dude, the division is always more entertaining when both of our teams are good
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:45 AM 01-09-2023
I guess I misread your sentiment, my apologies. Hell, good luck to you dude, the division is always more entertaining when both of our teams are good
**** that shit.... :-) can suck it forever.

Beating the :-) the 15th time in a row was just as sweet as the first.
[Reply]
DomCasual 12:53 AM 01-09-2023
Yeah, this has sucked. It’s a proud franchise, and I started watching when Craig Morton was QB. I have seen a lot of winning in that time. But this has sucked. Look at the list of coaches, and then look at the list of starting QBs - for seven seasons now. Total disaster.

The ownership gives me hope. It’s such a big deal. I’m a Rockies fan, too. Talk about hopeless. The Walmart guys seem, so far, to be a good mix of, “I don’t know enough to run a draft,” and, “This garbage is not acceptable.”

And you’re right. It is better when there is competition. Football is better with hate. And how do you hate someone who just curls into the fetal position in every fight? Every now and then, I’ll pull up the game when Shannon Sharpe got Derrick Thomas to completely lose his mind on MNF. That was fun to watch, because there was hate, and we got the best of you. You guys have had that for too long now. We need to hit you in the mouth a time or two, and restore at least some semblance of balance.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:01 AM 01-09-2023
Yeah, this has sucked. It’s a proud franchise, and I started watching when Craig Morton was QB. I have seen a lot of winning in that time. But this has sucked. Look at the list of coaches, and then look at the list of starting QBs - for seven seasons now. Total disaster.

The ownership gives me hope. It’s such a big deal. I’m a Rockies fan, too. Talk about hopeless. The Walmart guys seem, so far, to be a good mix of, “I don’t know enough to run a draft,” and, “This garbage is not acceptable.”

And you’re right. It is better when there is competition. Football is better with hate. And how do you hate someone who just curls into the fetal position in every fight? Every now and then, I’ll pull up the game when Shannon Sharpe got Derrick Thomas to completely lose his mind on MNF. That was fun to watch, because there was hate, and we got the best of you. You guys have had that for too long now. We need to hit you in the mouth a time or two, and restore at least some semblance of balance.
You just have to be patient. With good luck Patrick Mahomes son will only have daughters giving you a shot at another division title around 2065
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:14 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos defense gave up 34, 51, 27 and 28 in 4 of their last 5 games.

They’ve turned to shit since trading Bradley Chubb
Broncos played 9 games after trading Chubb, and you decided to include only 4 of them in your analysis.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:46 AM 01-09-2023
Yeah. But that was really his only real option. There was absolutely nothing for him to gain from taking that job. Hackett is one of his best friends, so that would have been awkward. But what's more, it was a no-win situation for him. After the Christmas day debacle, it seemed unlikely the team was going to check back in after so obviously checking out. Why put that dumpster fire on your resume?

It should be noted that he is formally interviewing for the job tomorrow. So, it's not like he's just not interested. He was just smart enough to not want to be the guy left straightening the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Of course he’s interviewing tomorrow. Gotta get that Rooney rule interview out of the way quickly.
[Reply]
TEX 06:06 AM 01-09-2023

Naw . Its a lot of fun beating you every year, ESPECIALLY THIS season because all you mule tools came out of the woodwork, pounding your collective chests, when the FatRuas trade went down, like you had something -Then the season happened. :-)
I can't speak for everyone, but as far as I'm concerned, you guys can suck forever! It's VERY rewarding to watch the anual Denver shit show, especially when you clowns think you have hope. You deserve all the misery that comes along with it. It couldn't happen to a more deserving and entitled fanbase. And the best part is you having to watch KC be perennial Super Bowl contenders and live vicariously through other teams and root for rhem to beat us, because you can't... Enjoy! :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:28 AM 01-09-2023

Why?

I can draft better than Paton, for fuckssake.

And furthermore, why would you want a guy to run your draft that has no idea who the coach will be, what schemes the offense or defense will run, and what players fit all of that?

This is why you guys suck.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Most stats sites don’t have this week’s game counted yet. Jeudy actually had 974 yards this year, despite missing 4 games.
Jeudy's a pretty good player.

I'd take him when his rookie deal is up, he's sick of losing, and wants to win a ring.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:15 AM 01-09-2023
This final game was all the homers needed to fire up the offseason hype train. Here come the double digit win predictions. They’ll never learn. :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:53 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The Broncos' O was putting up numbers after the Hackett firing...

:-)
Was this still preseason or did the game count?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:07 AM 01-09-2023
I look forward to the frantic tweet searching after fat Mike is dumped for Coach Oxy soon, Lil Jimmy wears a horseshoe and the Broncos are shopping at Ross 4 Less.
[Reply]
Page 3788 of 4827
« First < 2788328836883738377837843785378637873788 378937903791379237983838388842884788 > Last »
Up