ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 286
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:20 AM 12-28-2020
Host (Shudder original movie)

Pretty fun Covid concept movie. Group of friends get together for a seance on a Zoom call and conjure a spirit. So you get to seem them all get killed like you're on the call with them. Blair Witch-y in how its filmed which could annoy some but I found it enjoyable all things considered.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:24 AM 01-01-2021
VFW is a pretty fun low budget action/horror flick. Group of vets hanging out tussle with a violent drug gang. Kind of reminded me of Planet Terror in the way its filmed; dark, intentionally grainy, etc. Thought the vet cast killed it.

Perfect mindless, ultra violent flick on a NYE.

EDIT: If you're a horror synth junky like me, VFW delivers on that alone
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:38 AM 01-09-2021
Can't believe I've never seen Train to Busan (2016) until last night. Superb in every aspect.

Going to try and catch Peninsula (#2 in the series) tonight.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 PM 01-09-2021
What a great movie this is. :-)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a pale imitation.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:52 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've never hated something I respected so much in my life outside maybe Elway.

It was committed and well executed, but it was . . . too, . . . too dark, too unrelenting, too unflinching.

People left that theatre hating humanity in general for a little while, it truly was analogous to slogging out of Arrowhead after a playoff loss.

My God, when he pissed on her Viking Stove. . .

Actually a pretty apt movie for our current times. Certainly have similar notions about my relationship to some citizens.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:46 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a pale imitation.
Sure is. Danny Devito directed a couple good movies back then. Throw Momma from the train was another good one he directed himself.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:25 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've never hated something I respected so much in my life outside maybe Elway.

It was committed and well executed, but it was . . . too, . . . too dark, too unrelenting, too unflinching.

People left that theatre hating humanity in general for a little while, it truly was analogous to slogging out of Arrowhead after a playoff loss.

My God, when he pissed on her Viking Stove. . .

Actually a pretty apt movie for our current times. Certainly have similar notions about my relationship to some citizens.
That was one of the worst theater experiences I've ever had.

I knew nothing about it going in - saw the cast and thought it was a Romancing the Stone sequel. Apparently I didn't examine the poster very closely. Anyway, I took a date - my brand new live in girlfriend. I should also mention that I had only recently split from my first wife. Can't think of a worse date movie in the history of date movies. The guys in the theater were cheering for the husband, the women were cheering for the wife. I could hear couples start to argue while the goddamn thing was still running. The tension and negative energy were palpable. At least the GF and I waited until the car ride home to get into it. She ended up being nearly as much of a cunt as Kathleen Turner's character was, and did a wonderful job wrecking what was left of my existence at the time. Ugh.

It wasn't a bad movie; it was well made and well acted. But it sure as fuck should have come with a warning label, and IMO should never have been made in the first place. I don't know who wrote it, but they must have been in a very dark place, and wanted company. Jesus. :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:49 AM 01-20-2021
If we’re going to talk about some older movies how about Moving 1988 with Richard Pryor, holy shit what a great film.

[Reply]
Dayze 08:16 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
If we’re going to talk about some older movies how about Moving 1988 with Richard Pryor, holy shit what a great film.

:-).
yep. Movies like this and "the Money Pit"...are prefect representations of what it's like to move, and own your first home.

some great lines in Moving:
"How's it hanging"?

"...how's, what hanging"?

"......your dick"

"Oh... to the left a little bit"
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:38 AM 01-21-2021
For those of you with kids, Wolfwalkers was a pretty great film. I enjoyed the art style, and it's nice not having a kids movie chock full of juvenile tropes. The movie strikes a fairly somber tone of Ireland's repressed population under England rule against the fantastical people who shift into wolves when they sleep. Enjoyed it much more than the crap put on Netflix. Worth the 6 bucks to sub for Apple TV even for one month.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:07 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-).
yep. Movies like this and "the Money Pit"...are prefect representations of what it's like to move, and own your first home.

some great lines in Moving:
"How's it hanging"?

"...how's, what hanging"?

"......your dick"

"Oh... to the left a little bit"
“I like his delivery but the material sucks.”
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:52 AM 01-24-2021
Hunted is another Shudder original win. Kind of like Braveheart meets I Spit On Your Grave. It has this underlying comedic vibe that had me horrified one minute and legit laughing out loud the next. Definitely not a comedy though.

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:25 PM 01-26-2021
Its not really new, but I'm halfway through No Escape with Owen Wilson and just had to brag on it, this flic didn't get NEARLY enough acclaim... this thing is a nonstop pulsepounder

If you have On Demand, you can check it out right now on the USA channel... when critics say "edge of your seat" this is what they mean
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:06 PM 01-30-2021
Yeah...uh...so..umm...yeah, The Little Things is shite. Not sure how you squander this cast but they managed heartily. And when did Denzel become Forest Whitaker?
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:54 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeah...uh...so..umm...yeah, The Little Things is shite. Not sure how you squander this cast but they managed heartily. And when did Denzel become Forest Whitaker?
Damn. Was gonna watch this tonight. Well, thanks for taking one for the team.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 286
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Up