ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 31 of 38
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:42 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes4MVP:
That's not correct, though. There have currently been about 15.5 million cases in the U.S., with around 300,000 deaths. That's right around 2%. Now, that still might not sound like much, but that's 6.6 MILLION Americans dead if we just keep doing what we're doing (same # of people refusing masks, no vaccine, etc.).

What that statistic completely ignores is that 98% are surviving, but what numbers are going into that? How many aren't getting it as bad, because they're not getting as much of the virus (viral load) due to safety protocols (distancing, masks, etc.)?

Ask any "long termers" if simply not dying is good enough for them also, with the heart, lung, and blood clot issues they've developed.

I'd be interested to know what your threshold is for "this is serious enough for me to get vaccinated" is. 5%? 10% 50%? You're welcome to bet your life on that, but I'm not.

Those of us that get vaccinated will be safe within 2 weeks after the 2nd dose (from what I've read). At that point we won't need to care whether the rest of you want to catch it or not; although I hope you do get the vaccine for your sake and the sake of the healthcare workers that will be swamped by you.
Thats a helluva first post, Mult?
[Reply]
stevieray 04:37 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Nah, man.
Didn't think so.

Should tell you something.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:45 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What am I missing here? I mean normal occurrence 20/100,000 in nature but one has to assume the 38,000 they studied didn't have Bell's BEFORE they took the vaccine.
Annual incidence of 20/100,000.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 04:49 PM 12-11-2020
There's a 50% chance that I've already taken the vaccine. I volunteered for the Phase III Clinical Trial of the COVID vaccine from Johnson & Johnson. It's a one-shot vaccine, and I got it last Tuesday.

I told them before they gave me the injection that when the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine is available, I will probably drop out of the study and take the other vaccine unless they can tell me that I got the actual vaccine and not the placebo. They weren't surprised by that. I think several other participants told them the same thing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:02 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
There's a 50% chance that I've already taken the vaccine. I volunteered for the Phase III Clinical Trial of the COVID vaccine from Johnson & Johnson. It's a one-shot vaccine, and I got it last Tuesday.

I told them before they gave me the injection that when the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine is available, I will probably drop out of the study and take the other vaccine unless they can tell me that I got the actual vaccine and not the placebo. They weren't surprised by that. I think several other participants told them the same thing.
Thanks for volunteering.

Thats not a mRNA vaccine, correct? The best you can hope for is 70%-75% effective, correct?

The non mRNA vaccines has no chance to hit the 95% effective rate.Thats correct info Hamas?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:05 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:

It's probably actually much higher than 50%. They skew trials toward the vaccine, so you're probably more like 90% likely to have gotten it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:07 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats not a mRNA vaccine, correct? The best you can hope for is 70%-75% effective, correct?
\
The non mRNA has no chance to hit the 95% effective rate.Thats correct info Hamas?
Not yet known and highly dependent upon the specific disease. Data from AstraZeneca/Oxford claim 90% efficacy with an inactivated virus in a half-dose/full-dose two shot series.

Inactivated vaccines can be extremely effective. Polio, for example, is over 99% effective when completing the full series.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:10 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Not yet known and highly dependent upon the specific disease. Data from AstraZeneca/Oxford claim 90% efficacy with an inactivated virus in a half-dose/full-dose two shot series.

Inactivated vaccines can be extremely effective. Polio, for example, is over 99% effective when completing the full series.
Thanks, good info.

I saw a report on TV last night about the Oxford study saying it wont reach 90%. But it was a BBC report. Those are usually pretty straight info without partisanship.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:16 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thanks, good info.

I saw a report on TV last night about the Oxford study saying it wont reach 90%. But it was a BBC report. Those are usually pretty straight info without partisanship.
I would herald a guess that it's unlikely. I don't know how well their data is going to stand up to scrutiny, as events like decreased dosage increasing efficacy are somewhat unusual. Granted, numerous drugs have a dose-response curve where you reach a point of diminishing returns (perhaps due to receptor saturation or increased side effects), but giving the patients less dose leading to more immunoprotection after the second full dose strikes me as counterintuitive, but I'm not an immunologist.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:20 PM 12-11-2020
I hate how they dont know if you can still spread the virus even if you're vaccinated. Tbh 2 weeks after my 2nd round of vaccination I'm going back to living normal
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:22 PM 12-11-2020
I'm not opposed, but I haven't heard a good reason to get it yet. I seem to be immune and I don't like you or your grandmother enough to worry for you.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:28 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I hate how they dont know if you can still spread the virus even if you're vaccinated. Tbh 2 weeks after my 2nd round of vaccination I'm going back to living normal
That's a pretty big ask. In order to do that in a controlled trial you would need to expand the trial to close contacts that are also going to be isolated from other forms of COVID transmission but who will not be receiving the vaccine.
[Reply]
baitism 05:36 PM 12-11-2020
LOL @ anyone saying yes unless they are super old, fat, or immuno-compromised. For everyone else, it's a 99.97% chance you'll be just fine.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:37 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's a pretty big ask. In order to do that in a controlled trial you would need to expand the trial to close contacts that are also going to be isolated from other forms of COVID transmission but who will not be receiving the vaccine.
Yeah I get that and with that said I understand the whole point of these studies isnt to assume things obviously. With that said from my basic understanding I thought once you're vaccinated it's pretty much impossible to spread a virus?
[Reply]
O.city 07:32 PM 12-11-2020
It’s one of those “we don’t know yet, it’s likely this way but we don’t know yet”

I can’t imagine you’d be able to transmit if your immune. It wouldn’t make sense to me atleast
[Reply]
Page 31 of 38
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up