ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 791
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238638 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:12 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
No thanks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 03-06-2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t want to go link to each and every comment, but the Eric Berry situation is very interesting.

Am I alone here, or does it really seem like Reid and Veach are on completely opposite ends of the fence with Berry?

I get the sense from Veachs actions (trying to sign Thomas last year, trying to trade for Collins, Possibly signing Collins in FA) that he’s going to release Berry (or he wants to) and use that $ on a different safety but that Reid wants Berry around another year. Reid even said right after the NE game that Berry would be back and that’s a bright spot going forward.

Maybe another situation similar to Maclin and Reid/Dorsey where the G.M. having final say on personnel makes a decision to cut an injury plagued player, that’s overpaid but one Reid has a relationship with, happens?
What the hell use does Eric Berry's 'knowledge' have when the entire defense is being scrapped? Why roll him out there again to learn the damn thing when you know he's gone next year anyway?

Cut. The. Cord.

Berry provides literally nothing to this team anymore. He can't help anybody line up anymore because he's literally just as new to this program as any swinging dick around. And he's missed so damn much time that he's gonna have to get re-accustomed to the speed/physicality of the game anyway. More critically, the LENGTH. I mean damn, do any of you think that guy's gonna be able to play 16 weeks and have anything left in the playoffs.

There's no reason at all for the Chiefs to keep him here and if they do, it's a flaw in the entire organizations thinking and symbolic of a viewpoint that will prevent them from getting to where they could otherwise go.

Keeping Eric Berry is a sign of an organization that doesn't have the will to do what it takes to win a championship, IMO. They have to let him go.
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 03-06-2019
[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What the hell use does Eric Berry's 'knowledge' have when the entire defense is being scrapped? Why roll him out there again to learn the damn thing when you know he's gone next year anyway?

Cut. The. Cord.

Berry provides literally nothing to this team anymore. He can't help anybody line up anymore because he's literally just as new to this program as any swinging dick around. And he's missed so damn much time that he's gonna have to get re-accustomed to the speed/physicality of the game anyway. More critically, the LENGTH. I mean damn, do any of you think that guy's gonna be able to play 16 weeks and have anything left in the playoffs.

There's no reason at all for the Chiefs to keep him here and if they do, it's a flaw in the entire organizations thinking and symbolic of a viewpoint that will prevent them from getting to where they could otherwise go.

Keeping Eric Berry is a sign of an organization that doesn't have the will to do what it takes to win a championship, IMO. They have to let him go.
I don't think they will take on that much dead money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think they will take on that much dead money.
Respond in the other thread. The dead money means precisely dick given the state of the organization and Berry's likelihood of meaningful contribution next season.

It truly shouldn't mean a thing.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:21 PM 03-06-2019
is that not considered tampering if Jones was talking to him about being a chief?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
is that not considered tampering if Jones was talking to him about being a chief?
Jones has no ability to negotiate a contract with him. Tampering rules apply to front offices.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:25 PM 03-06-2019
Respond in the other thread. The dead money means precisely dick given the state of the organization and Berry's likelihood of meaningful contribution next season.

It truly shouldn't mean a thing.
Yup. They aren’t going to keep paying Berry if they bring in another high priced safety. They are gonna squeeze all they can out of that contract.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:25 PM 03-06-2019

Cut. The. Cord.

100% this.

Eric Berry's supposed "knowledge", "experience", "intangibles", "leadership"... whatever stupid cliche you want to use... did nothing to help the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:26 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Jones has no ability to negotiate a contract with him. Tampering rules apply to front offices.
i just didnt know how similar it was to baseball because the angels are going after harper for it
[Reply]
BossChief 02:29 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Of course they have different points of view. Reid sees Berry as a great locker room guy. And Veech sees Berry as a declining asset.
Berry is a liability, not an asset.

Cut. The. Cord.

I agree. Imo they need to cut him with a June 1st designation and sign Weddle ASAP. Maybe even double dip on safeties and sign a second one with a small signing bonus and a roster bonus sometime in June.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:32 PM 03-06-2019
If you’re getting rid of Ford and Houston....then fucking cut Berry at the same time and hit reset.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:32 PM 03-06-2019
JESUS no bell please
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:33 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you’re getting rid of Ford and Houston....then fucking cut Berry at the same time and hit reset.
i agree
[Reply]
Page 138 of 791
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238638 > Last »
Up