ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 791
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230630 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah. We really don't need to invest any more big dollars on the offense unless it's Paradis.

If you want a slot guy, draft one.

FA dollars need to be spent on defense this year.
You know I was thinking about that the other day, I haven't seen a lot of discussion here about it.

Would signing Matt Paradis be a potentially great move? I think it would be.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:45 AM 03-06-2019
I could seem them getting a guy like Garcon - Tate would probably cost too much.

Cowboys in a pinch with Beasley, sucks to have to pay two WRs at the same time.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You know I was thinking about that the other day, I haven't seen a lot of discussion here about it.

I'd be for it....depending on the cost.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:47 AM 03-06-2019

He's a great player. Center is a bit of an undervalued spot I think; they're really important. Morse is good, but Paradis is another level.

I'm not sold either way on it, but that's the only spot I'd spend this offseason on offense when the defense needs so much.
[Reply]
In58men 10:50 AM 03-06-2019
Interesting take on Antonio Brown market from a league source, as of early this morning (in their opinion): "one team race...I think the other teams decided the price was too high."

Did Gruden give up a 1st?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:50 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's a great player. Center is a bit of an undervalued spot I think; they're really important. Morse is good, but Paradis is another level.

I'm not sold either way on it, but that's the only spot I'd spend this offseason on offense when the defense needs so much.
The market for Matt Paradis might be too rich for Broncos' blood

As much as some fans love Matt Paradis, if the buzz is any indication, the Denver Broncos had better start making other plans for the center position. According to Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap, Paradis is on deck for a massive payday.

Centers don’t usually bring home the bacon, comparatively speaking. If you look at what offensive tackles and guards command on the free-agent market, centers are a drop in the bucket.

But there are exceptions that prove every rule and Paradis could be one them. Fitzgerald projects a market on the open market for Paradis to be around $32.1 million over three years, which averages out to $10.7 million per season.

Does that sound like a number Broncos’ GM John Elway could live with for a center? Probably not, especially with the array of interior offensive line talent the Broncos have on the roster.

When Matt Paradis went down last year with a fractured bone in his leg, Connor McGovern kicked over from right guard to start in his place. McGovern started seven games at center in 2018, and while he wasn’t perfect, he played surprisingly well.

At 6-foot-4, McGovern has an inch on Paradis and a lot more strength to contend with nose tackles at the point of attack. Where McGovern falls short, compared to Paradis, is in the experience department.

Paradis snapped the ball for Peyton Manning, and won a Super Bowl. In his four years as Denver’s starting center, Paradis has seen just about everything the NFL has to throw at an offense.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/The-market-for-Matt-Paradis-might-be-too-rich-for-Broncos-blood-129214522/
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 03-06-2019
Wow, that's a bigger number than I thought.

But he's a really good center, so I could see it.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:54 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Ware gonna price himself out of KC, Chiefs aren't likely to cut Berry, Chiefs looking at slot WRs.

Also, the safety market could settle at 9-10 per
If the Chiefs are going to keep Berry, then they should go after Earl Thomas and not Landon Collins. Berry and Collins are both better in the box. Thomas is the better center fielder.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:54 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Interesting take on Antonio Brown market from a league source, as of early this morning (in their opinion): "one team race...I think the other teams decided the price was too high."

Did Gruden give up a 1st?
Can you imagine Crybaby Carr and headcases like Gruden and Brown in the same locker room?

Mother of god
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
If the Chiefs are going to keep Berry, then they should go after Earl Thomas and not Landon Collins. Berry and Collins are both better in the box. Thomas is the better center fielder.
Honestly, if they're dead set on keeping Berry, there are good single high prospects in the draft.

Try to spend that money on the front 7 or on a CB if they can work a trade.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 03-06-2019
Wow, that's a bigger number than I thought.

But he's a really good center, so I could see it.
I'd just resign Morse if Paradis is gonna be that expensive.

But, at some point they're gonna have to get some cheap labor thru the draft for some of these spots.
[Reply]
In58men 10:56 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Can you imagine Crybaby Carr and headcases like Gruden and Brown in the same locker room?

Good god.
I’d rather be in a locker room with 3 ugly chicks on their periods going through breakups.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 03-06-2019
I think Gruden wants Kyler, Brown and Bell.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:58 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd just resign Morse if Paradis is gonna be that expensive.

But, at some point they're gonna have to get some cheap labor thru the draft for some of these spots.
Morse is underrated. Hasn’t given up a sack since 2015
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:59 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Morse is underrated. Hasn’t given up a sack since 2015
Easy to not give up sacks when you're sitting on the bench injured.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 791
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230630 > Last »
Up