ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 791
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226626 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:18 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don't think i'll be able to take it if we lose to John Dorsey and Kareem Hunt in the playoffs.

That would just be too much.
It will be interesting to see what Dorsey does when contract time for the heavies rolls around. If my speculations are correct, he took that job with at least ONE major clause; do NOT tell me who to sign, WHEN to sign, and for how much.
I'm guessing he was VERY inflexible on that front. :-)

If Veach knocks this draft and FA out of the park, will you be less skittish about Dorsey and Cleveland?
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:19 PM 03-05-2019
I’d be a fan of offering a 2 for Xavier Howard from MIA. We’d have to be ready to pay him though.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:22 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
It will be interesting to see what Dorsey does when contract time for the heavies rolls around. If my speculations are correct, he took that job with at least ONE major clause; do NOT tell me who to sign, WHEN to sign, and for how much.
I'm guessing he was VERY inflexible on that front. :-)

If Veach knocks this draft and FA out of the park, will you be less skittish about Dorsey and Cleveland?
We have Patrick Mahomes. I'm not really skittish on anything. I'm just saying that, should that situation arise, I think I would be beside myself.

I just want to win a damn championship. Just do that once and everything else is just gravy to me.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:26 PM 03-05-2019
We have Patrick Mahomes. I'm not really skittish on anything. I'm just saying that, should that situation arise, I think I would be beside myself.

I just want to win a damn championship. Just do that once and everything else is just gravy to me.
I think frogs would rain from the sky. But, I see your point. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:38 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
The Bucs are switching to a 3-4 and have JPP. Since he played for spags and has no guarantees left on his contract I’d offer Ford for him and a 2nd or 3rd plus a 2020 mid rounder. I’d look at Amani Oruwariye and or Jamel Dean in the draft hopefully with the second and try to snag Charles Omenihu with the other second. That’d free up the first to take Nasir Adderley if they were confident it’d play out that way. You could use the 3rd from the JPP trade to trade up in the 2nd for your CB if you had to.
Hmmmm....

I am intrigued by your Ford/JPP swap.

The scheme changes for both teams make the players desirable. Their per annum contract values at this point is a push, with a bonus being that potentially cutting JPP involves no dead money in either 2019 or 2020.
Ford is younger and coming off his best year. JPP is coming off a 12.5 sack season - not too shabby.

Compensation becomes the tricky part.

I offer Ford + pick #92 (3)
for
JPP + pick #39 (2) and pick #107 (4)

Balances out to a mid 2nd round pick value gained by the Chiefs.

Bucs get cap relief, a new system fit, and top 5 pass rusher.
Chiefs get a still productive vet, a new system fit having familiarity with the coaches, and an additional 2nd rounder....

???
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:39 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
I’d be a fan of offering a 2 for Xavier Howard from MIA. We’d have to be ready to pay him though.
You think Nelson was grabby?
Hoo boy...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:43 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Hmmmm....

I am intrigued by your Ford/JPP swap.

The scheme changes for both teams make the players desirable. Their per annum contract values at this point is a push, with a bonus being that potentially cutting JPP involves no dead money in either 2019 or 2020.
Ford is younger and coming off his best year. JPP is coming off a 12.5 sack season - not too shabby.

Compensation becomes the tricky part.

I offer Ford + pick #92 (3)
for
JPP + pick #39 (2) and pick #107 (4)

Balances out to a mid 2nd round pick value gained by the Chiefs.

Bucs get cap relief, a new system fit, and top 5 pass rusher.
Chiefs get a still productive vet, a new system fit having familiarity with the coaches, and an additional 2nd rounder....

???
The Giantsification of the Chiefs defense is coming!

( I just wanted to be the first to use that term )
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:45 PM 03-05-2019
The Giantsification of the Chiefs defense is coming!

( I just wanted to be the first to use that term )
LT and Carson waiting in the wings....
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:50 PM 03-05-2019
LT and Carson waiting in the wings....
I would be shocked if we didn't end up with a couple of guys, be they big names or smaller.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:57 PM 03-05-2019
I would be shocked if we didn't end up with a couple of guys, be they big names or smaller.
I believe Collins is destined to end up in KC. They will get a veteran Edge player if one or both of Houston/Ford go. I cannot shake the notion that they will attempt to trade for a young, ascending veteran corner. The FA corner market is weak. Would not be shocked to see a move for a LB too.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:11 AM 03-06-2019
I believe Collins is destined to end up in KC. They will get a veteran Edge player if one or both of Houston/Ford go. I cannot shake the notion that they will attempt to trade for a young, ascending veteran corner. The FA corner market is weak. Would not be shocked to see a move for a LB too.
With the way front 7 picks have moved up the board, I'm thinking the Chiefs will probably stand pat and pick up a CB in the draft. That doesn't preclude them from grabbing one in FA as well, it just seems to add up.

They might make a move to get one of those front 7 picks but with (2) two's, I'm almost certain they're going to be looking for an offensive lineman in round 2. I don't see Reid walking out of this draft empty-handed on his side of the ball.
There's also the possibility( yuck )that if the majority of teams are spending on defense as well, we might end up with an Iowa TE. I would of course hate this not because those two aren't talented, but because that's not a "win now" move.
Okay, that's retarded but sometimes you have to think like a retard to be on the same wavelength as Andy Reid.

Anyway, I just want to get this underway and make some moves so that we can start thinking about the board and hopefully get at least two of the three defensive monkeys off of our backs and replaced with some guys we can get excited about.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:33 AM 03-06-2019
If we don't take a safety in the first I'd be for bringing in Tre Boston.

I think he's a solid fit in Spag's scheme...especially if we end up cutting Berry and bringing in an ETIII or a Landon Collins.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:42 AM 03-06-2019
I don't think i'll be able to take it if we lose to John Dorsey and Kareem Hunt in the playoffs.

If they are the team that ends up with A. Brown I think the Browns make the playoffs. Perhaps even win that division...
[Reply]
Best22 08:02 AM 03-06-2019

The Browns ain’t stopping KC:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:05 AM 03-06-2019
[Schefter] Teams that have spoken to the Steelers about a potential AB trade have been told that a deal is expected to be in place by Friday, per league sources.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 791
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226626 > Last »
Up