ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 791
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225625 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:29 PM 03-05-2019
For the Chiefs FA, I'm feeling they get an old man DE that has an eighth of a gallon left in the tank and take DE in the first if they can trade off Dee Ford and cut Houston.

Budget corner and take one to develop Day 2. McCourty in FA and either Rock Ya-Sin, Mullen of Boyd in the 3rd round.

Draft a Centerfielder in the 2nd and either a Center or a receiver with the other 2nd.

Chris Long, Brian Burns, Jason McCourty, Trayvon Mullen, Juan Thornhill and Shane Ray would be some decent additions.

They could probably manage to swing a Berry release and Collins signing, but I'd guess that Jones and Tyreek Hill extensions would need to go on hold till the following offseason.

Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Are you guys concerned about E Thomas' injury? I feel like I am, not sure that's legitimate concern there.
Nah. Seahawks never managed the first break right.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
For the Chiefs FA, I'm feeling they get an old man DE that has an eighth of a gallon left in the tank and take DE in the first if they can trade off Dee Ford and cut Houston.

Budget corner and take one to develop Day 2. McCourty in FA and either Rock Ya-Sin, Mullen of Boyd in the 3rd round.

Draft a Centerfielder in the 2nd and either a Center or a receiver with the other 2nd.

Chris Long, Brian Burns, Jason McCourty, Trayvon Mullen, Juan Thornhill and Shane Ray would be some decent additions.

They could probably manage to swing a Berry release and Collins signing, but I'd guess that Jones and Tyreek Hill extensions would need to go on hold till the following offseason.
The thing is, if you're taking Brian Burns in the first, you're probably not getting Ya-Sin/Mullen AND Thornhill. They're all going to go in a similar range from what I'm seeing in the early to mid 2nd. Thornhill is probably a borderline 1st now, or at least a high 2nd.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:38 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The thing is, if you're taking Brian Burns in the first, you're probably not getting Ya-Sin/Mullen AND Thornhill. They're all going to go in a similar range from what I'm seeing in the early to mid 2nd. Thornhill is probably a borderline 1st now, or at least a high 2nd.
I think you're making way too many adjustments from the underwear olympics.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:42 PM 03-05-2019

����

— Odell Beckham Jr (@obj) March 6, 2019

[Reply]
kccrow 10:43 PM 03-05-2019
Thornhill's tape is better than any safety in this draft. If anyone deserves to fly up boards it's him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 PM 03-05-2019
I think you're making way too many adjustments from the underwear olympics.
I'm making those adjustments because many NFL teams make those adjustments. They do it ALL THE TIME.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 PM 03-05-2019
Landon Collins will be this years Sammy Watkins. We’re cutting EB and Veach is gonna break the bank on that ****er.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:50 PM 03-05-2019
A lot of boards are pretty much set by this point and they're not adjusting large portions of it like armchair scouts
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:50 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Thornhill's tape is better than any safety in this draft. If anyone deserves to fly up boards it's him.
That plus he had an outstanding combine and has more versatility than most realize.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 PM 03-05-2019
A lot of boards are pretty much set by this point and they're not adjusting large portions of it like armchair scouts
Juan Thornhill was a solid mid-2nd rounder BEFORE the combine. Sorry.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:03 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Juan Thornhill was a solid mid-2nd rounder BEFORE the combine. Sorry.
Eh. There are so many options available right now if you need a safety that teams are just going to buy them low, again.

I wouldn't be surprised if not a single one goes on Thursday
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:08 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What is this supposed to mean?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:08 PM 03-05-2019
I don't think i'll be able to take it if we lose to John Dorsey and Kareem Hunt in the playoffs.

That would just be too much.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:14 PM 03-05-2019
The Bucs are switching to a 3-4 and have JPP. Since he played for spags and has no guarantees left on his contract I’d offer Ford for him and a 2nd or 3rd plus a 2020 mid rounder. I’d look at Amani Oruwariye and or Jamel Dean in the draft hopefully with the second and try to snag Charles Omenihu with the other second. That’d free up the first to take Nasir Adderley if they were confident it’d play out that way. You could use the 3rd from the JPP trade to trade up in the 2nd for your CB if you had to.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:15 PM 03-05-2019
Eh. There are so many options available right now if you need a safety that teams are just going to buy them low, again.

I wouldn't be surprised if not a single one goes on Thursday
Not a stretch by any means. The elite edge/DL players will garner the majority of Rd 1 picks, a handful of OL and receivers and the top 3-4 corners. White/Bush probably the only off ball linebackers that go. Jacobs maybe the only RB, and your token 3-4 QBs.

To hedge getting shut out of the corner draft market, my gut tells me the Chiefs dangle one of their 2’s for a solid vet (Trae Waynes comes to mind).
Collins sounds like a significant FA probability and I’d love if they investigate Weddle’s asking price. He’d be awesome on a 1 year deal. Groom a talented young safety behind him (Watts too), and find some offensive talent that drops in this D heavy draft. Tyreek is going to cash in, and Sammy won’t be for long. Good receiver talent to be had in rounds 2,3.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 791
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225625 > Last »
Up