ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 319
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Lol toddler
Yea I know you have a toddler sized penis O.City, we get it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:14 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
For me it's the Left Tackle.

Look, if Veach would've closed the deal with Trent Williams, then we would be having a very different conversation today. Unfortunately he didn't and now we're scrambling a bit.

I'm still hopeful that he can figure something out. But I don't like hearing things such as "Mike Remmers will be starting for the Chiefs in 2021. If Mike Remmers is starting, then the Chiefs have a problem.

Remmers starting means that:

A. He's starting at Left Tackle (Terrifying thought)

B. He's starting at Right Tackle and Niang is starting at LT. We all like Niang but a guy who has never played a professional snap protecting Mahomes' blindside is not a comforting thought.

C. He's starting at RT, someone else is starting at LT and Niang could not beat him out at RT. That would also be very concerning.

Veach needs to get Left Tackle sorted. LT is one of the most important positions on the field. It is absolutely critical when the health of a half a billion dollar quarterback depends on it. I'm anxious because I don't want Veach to try and half ass it. We can't play Russian roulette with Mahomes' protection. Give up assets in a trade. Do what you have to do. Just lock it down.

My earlier posts were reactionary. I still want to give Veach the benefit of the doubt. I just don't like messing around at Left Tackle. Do what you have to do. Just get the position locked down. Don't leave Mahomes' health to chance.
No one cares what you think.
[Reply]
-King- 09:14 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The other signings besides Thuney are the kind of signings every GM has to do every offseason, even the cash strapped teams. It's basic offseason roster maintenance. In Veach's case, he's bringing back a bunch of guys who are successful as backups, or who will probably compete with future acquisitions for starting roles. These aren't marquee signings, and they're not supposed to be. They're players who would be better than some slapdick undrafted douche we'd pick up during training camp, which is exactly what we need to have good depth at all positions.

Giving Veach a D for that kind of stuff is... well, it's just weird. It's like hiring some fancy gourmet chef, and as he's doing all of the prep work like chopping and seasoning, you scream at him, "Where's the goddamn meal? Why can't I see the dish yet? Why is nothing in the oven? Fuck man, is this all you fucking do??!"
No it's like hiring a gourmet cook, he cooks a great entree and then brings out mcdonald's fries and taco bell cinnamon twists for sides and dessert.

The same people who were telling everybody to watch out because Veach was clearly clearing so much cap to make major moves are now calling the people who wanted major moves negative. It's funny really.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
No it's like hiring a gourmet cook, he cooks a great entree and then brings out mcdonald's fries and taco bell cinnamon twists for sides and dessert.

The same people who were telling everybody to watch out because Veach was clearly clearing so much cap to make major moves are now calling the people who wanted major moves negative. It's funny really.
:-)

You are SO fucking clueless it’s honestly hilarious. I’m not even mad. This is fun. It’s like you’re being exposed the more I engage you after your dumb football takes.
[Reply]
-King- 09:15 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is exactly what I’m trying to say.

We understand this as would anybody that knows football. The fact that this kind of stuff has to be explained to King like he’s a fucking toddler is pathetic and sad.
You don't have to explain it to me. I'm fine. Really :-).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:16 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They need depth at de, another corner and another safety maybe, lber

Other than LT and wr 2, there’s still plenty out there to fill in those spots
As long as we can bring in a vet LT and another receiving threat (TE or WR), I’ll feel fine about FA.

I expect that Veach will.

Lots of decent depth signings. A huge splash along the OL.

The rest should probably be filled in through the drafts and UFAs. Wouldn’t shock me if Veach found another Wharton.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:16 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No one cares what you think.
I would hope not, being that I'm an anonymous message board poster.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:16 PM 03-18-2021
You don't have to explain it to me. I'm fine. Really :-).
Oh I know you think you are. You still don’t get it even after it’s explained, you embarrassingly double down.

It’s priceless :-)

Tell us why you left out Williams, Pringle, Taco, Ward etc. from your grades and justification that Veach gets a “D for everything else”. Would love to hear it!
[Reply]
-King- 09:18 PM 03-18-2021

You are SO fucking clueless it’s honestly hilarious. I’m not even mad. This is fun. It’s like you’re being exposed the more I engage you after your dumb football takes.
Remember when you called just getting Thuney and not also Williams disappointing?

Pepperidge farm remembers

Man I really hope we can still get Williams or this will feel a little disappointing

But yeah anyone disappointed we don't have an LT right now is a dumbass :-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:18 PM 03-18-2021
Can you grade the players we have signed so far?

I'll go:

Thuney: A++ 2021 $4.5 M Cap hit
Reiter: B- Not done yet
Wylie: D $2,123,000 right of first refusal
Keizer: F $789,000 2nd year ERFA
Neiman: D- Contract not public yet
Remmers: C contract not public yet
Bell: C $887,500 $847,072 guaranteed
Long: F 2021 $1.5M, $1.45 M guaranteed
Also
Taco Charlton - Contract not public yet
Darrel Williams - contract not public yet
Elijah McGuire - Contract not public yet
Byron Pringle - $2,123,000 right of first refusal
Charvarius Ward - $3,384,000 2nd round tender

Except for Thuney, all of these contracts are pretty low payouts. Also many of the contracts, players could be cut without penalty to the Chiefs.

Point is, there is really not much to complain about on these signings.
[Reply]
-King- 09:19 PM 03-18-2021
Oh I know you think you are. You still don’t get it even after it’s explained, you embarrassingly double down.

It’s priceless :-)

Tell us why you left out Williams, Pringle, Taco, Ward etc. from your grades and justification that Veach gets a “D for everything else”. Would love to hear it!
Williams: B
Pringle: C
Taco: C
Ward: B-
[Reply]
staylor26 09:20 PM 03-18-2021
Remember when you called just getting Thuney and not also Williams disappointing?

Pepperidge farm remembers

But yeah anyone disappointed we don't have an LT right now is a dumbass :-)
Who the fuck wasn’t disappointed that we didn’t get the only great LT on the market, and arguably the best in the NFL?

What exactly do you think this proves?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 PM 03-18-2021
Williams: B
Pringle: C
Taco: C
Ward: B-
Wow better than the rest for the most part, it’s almost like you left it out on purpose to justify your dumb fucking take!
[Reply]
-King- 09:22 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Also
Taco Charlton - Contract not public yet
Darrel Williams - contract not public yet
Elijah McGuire - Contract not public yet
Byron Pringle - $2,123,000 right of first refusal
Charvarius Ward - $3,384,000 2nd round tender

Except for Thuney, all of these contracts are pretty low payouts. Also many of the contracts, players could be cut without penalty to the Chiefs.

Point is, there is really not much to complain about on these signings.
Why would knowing that they're not getting a lot of money change anything?

We've really gone from "WATCH HOW VEACH GETS ALL THESE GREAT PLAYERS AND MANAGES TO STILL BE UNDER CAP! HES A WIZARD!"

to

"SEE THE PLAYERS HE GOT DIDNT COST A LOT!"
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 PM 03-18-2021
They cleared all that space for Williams and didn’t get him

I’d imagine they’ve now pivoted to whatever is next

Well see what happens
[Reply]
Page 261 of 319
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311 > Last »
Up