ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 319
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:44 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Are you advocating for a WR?

Time will tell. If they prioritize a top tier TE in free agency, the level of WR they may sign won’t be impactful.
Who isn’t advocating for a WR? We’re likely losing two of our top 4. You think a team that has consistently invested in the position while simultaneously not putting much value into TE2 had a sudden dramatic change in philosophy after a SB where nobody outside of Tyreek Hill could win 1 on 1?

They aren’t going to “prioritize a top tier TE in free agency”. What reason do we have to believe they will? Again, because Veach mentioned backup TE? He mentioned WR as well. You aren’t making any sense with this argument.
[Reply]
O.city 04:51 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He had 6 sacks in 2019. He’s shown he’s capable of being productive.

He was absolutely disruptive on tape and consistently got pressure in 2020. It’s all on tape, and just about every scouting report mentions this. DJ, Zierlein, Brugler etc. have all said the same thing. This is reflected by his pass rush win rate and PFF grades (I know I know PFF) as well. The lack of production is 100% misleading, which is why I think it’s silly to stop there.

Despite the difference in production, nobody will tell you he didn’t clearly get better from 2019 to 2020.

The issue is it was a weird year and he’s still new to football. He’s not an athlete playing football though. He’s definitely a football player and has improved while demonstrating he has the intangibles to make a huge jump in the NFL.
I'm always leery of no production, but at the end of the first, you're not getting a clean prospect. It is what it is.

Figure out what he does well and ask him to do that.
[Reply]
TRR 04:53 PM 03-08-2021
Who isn’t advocating for a WR? We’re losing two of our top 4.

They aren’t going to “prioritize a top tier TE in free agency”. What reason do we have to believe they will? Again, because Veach mentioned backup TE? He mentioned WR as well. You aren’t making any sense with this argument.
I’m not advocating for the prioritization of a WR (many more holes to prioritize)...Watkins barely plays (especially in 2020) and Robinson hasn’t been relevant since 9/15/2019.

The discussion (not argument LOL) is simply based around an opinion that KC may rather replace Watkins/Robinson’s production with a second threat at TE. The reason (other than Veach calling it out) is a lack of quality behind Kelce for seasons...since Harris (does he qualify as a threat??)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:02 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
I’m not advocating for the prioritization of a WR (many more holes to prioritize)...Watkins barely plays (especially in 2020) and Robinson hasn’t been relevant since 9/15/2019.

The discussion (not argument LOL) is simply based around an opinion that KC may rather replace Watkins/Robinson’s production with a second threat at TE. The reason (other than Veach calling it out) is a lack of quality behind Kelce for seasons...since Harris (does he qualify as a threat??)
Why do you keep ignoring that all Veach did was add backup TE, along with WR, to a list of needs?

You’re quite literally making something out of nothing, while also ignoring things that contradict your assessment.

Watkins barely playing and Robinson not being relevant doesn’t change the fact that they clearly want a WR2, hence why they went after Watkins in the first place AND re-signed him last year.
[Reply]
TRR 05:15 PM 03-08-2021
Why do you keep ignoring that all Veach did was add backup TE, along with WR, to a list of needs?

You’re quite literally making something out of nothing, while also ignoring things that contradict your assessment.

Watkins barely playing and Robinson not being relevant doesn’t change the fact that they clearly want a WR2, hence why they went after Watkins in the first place AND re-signed him last year.
Have a good evening!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:31 PM 03-08-2021
I'm trying to remember what glaring deficiency Veach has ignored since he became GM.

2018's defense was shitty.

Enter Matthieu, Clark, Okafor, Ogbah, Breeland. Spags and that entire staff.

2019 LB play sketchy-draft Gay in round 2. Covid, no camp, slowed his development, but investment made.

2019 CB depth sketchy. Draft Sneed, sign Baker.

Now in 2021, we clearly have OL issues, need WR help, could use talent upgrades in a few other spots like TE2.

But somehow, people here want to act like they're just going to ignore the problems.

They're problems to be solved. Veach has directly addressed a weakness every year. Dude can walk and chew gum.
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:22 PM 03-08-2021
Have we signed 10 fatties yet and a WR number 2?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 06:28 PM 03-08-2021

Sources: The #Dolphins traded for #Titans 1st round OT Isaiah Wilson, with a swap of picks completing the deal. A fresh start for Wilson.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 9, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 06:43 PM 03-08-2021
A swap of 7ths.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:45 PM 03-08-2021
Wow. Putting a guy with his substance abuse issues in Miami? What could go wrong?!?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:53 PM 03-08-2021
He’s a fat sack of shit, not going to be worth a fuck. But Miami got him for nothing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:58 PM 03-08-2021
On second thought, maybe all the cocaine in Miami will help him with his laziness.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:35 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
On second thought, maybe all the cocaine in Miami will help him with his laziness.
Probably drop a little weight anyway.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:37 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He’s a fat sack of shit, not going to be worth a fuck. But Miami got him for nothing.
Brian Flores and Isaiah Wilson grew up in the same neighborhood and attended the same high school, albeit a few decades apart, but Flores thinks he can "get through to Wilson".

If he does, Wilson will be a steal and if he doesn't, who really cares at that price?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:45 PM 03-08-2021
No, what Veach said was that we aren’t going to go out and sign a WR immediately in free agency (like we did with Watkins) because we don’t have the money to do that.

This was unsolicited, so if anything, I found it interesting that he specifically mentioned a WR. They aren’t going to go out and get a big fish there, but that kind of makes me think they want to get a guy in that tier 2/3 area which goes with what guys like Nate Taylor have said.

And if the PC is what you’re basing all of this on, he even said something about adding a WR in the draft.

They are adding a WR one way or the other, and they will probably do both.

The point is backup TE has no impact on them adding a WR.
Veach mentioned WR, CB and OT being the deepest position groups in the draft and I’m POSITIVE he has a couple “Sneeds” at WR he’s targeting that had great 2019s but lackluster 2020s due to specific circumstances.

I can’t wait to see who those guys are.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 319
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Up