ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 319
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:26 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Might as well get prepared for it because by the middle of October or so, the starting line is going to be Fisher - Wylie - new center - LDT - Schwartz.
I honestly don't see any reason at all to just assume Fisher and Schwartz are back in there and ready roll that soon, or maybe ever

You like to tamp down expectations too much about the possibility of serious moves being made to shore that unit up for the long term... we'll know for sure in the coming weeks, but you often act like your view is a done deal
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:35 PM 03-06-2021
I fully admit to being a bit frustrated with the 'MOAR WEAPONS' crowd, when it's clear that it's time to restock the offensive line.

Sammy Watkins caught 37 balls for us in 2020. That's it. 37. And he played in the Super Bowl, and didn't do shit.

But we were 14-1 in games where the starters played.

This thing where we just throw our hands up and say Reiter and Wylie are the best we can do?

Fuck that.

They're below average.

Both tackles are over 30 and have back problems with one coming off an achilles.

Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill is 27. Kelce is the old man at 31.

And we're supposed to be terrified because we need to replace Sammy Watkins' lousy 37 catches?

Naw, man. You can bring back Drob or Pringle cheap. Draft a kid. Or sign a FA that might stay healthy.

I'm not saying we need to draft all offensive linemen, but it's time to restock and get younger not only for 2021, but 2022 and forward as well.

I'm just as concerned with the DE situation, but you can bring back Charlton and draft a kid there too.

Yeah, we can and should add a WR or TE or just a general offensive weapon.

We might want to make it so that we can actually use our first round pick from last year while we're at it, and get some fucking blocking.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:57 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There is no fuckin' way Wylie plays in front of Allegretti.
Just wait for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I honestly don't see any reason at all to just assume Fisher and Schwartz are back in there and ready roll that soon, or maybe ever

You like to tamp down expectations too much about the possibility of serious moves being made to shore that unit up for the long term... we'll know for sure in the coming weeks, but you often act like your view is a done deal
What are the options? Replace Fisher, Schwartz, AND find a new center?

There's not a chance in hell they're replacing 3 or more offensive linemen in one offseason.

Veach said they expect Fisher back. They're going to extend him, you can bank on it. They have to move his salary and they're not going to cut him.

We were all hoping Schwartz would retire - as evidenced by his Twitter feed, he has no intention of doing that. So he's coming back too.

I'm not saying they won't make moves - they certainly will. But I can almost guarantee that the majority of CP isn't going to like them. More than likely, anybody they acquire in the draft won't be in play until 2022. Next year's line is going to look a lot like last year's (2019, not 2020). unless something really dramatic happens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:02 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I fully admit to being a bit frustrated with the 'MOAR WEAPONS' crowd, when it's clear that it's time to restock the offensive line.

Sammy Watkins caught 37 balls for us in 2020. That's it. 37. And he played in the Super Bowl, and didn't do shit.

But we were 14-1 in games where the starters played.

This thing where we just throw our hands up and say Reiter and Wylie are the best we can do?

Fuck that.

They're below average.

Both tackles are over 30 and have back problems with one coming off an achilles.

Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill is 27. Kelce is the old man at 31.

And we're supposed to be terrified because we need to replace Sammy Watkins' lousy 37 catches?

Naw, man. You can bring back Drob or Pringle cheap. Draft a kid. Or sign a FA that might stay healthy.

I'm not saying we need to draft all offensive linemen, but it's time to restock and get younger not only for 2021, but 2022 and forward as well.

I'm just as concerned with the DE situation, but you can bring back Charlton and draft a kid there too.

Yeah, we can and should add a WR or TE or just a general offensive weapon.

We might want to make it so that we can actually use our first round pick from last year while we're at it, and get some fucking blocking.
Everything you said about weapons applies equally to the offensive line.

There's absolutely no reason to panic and over-invest.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:39 PM 03-06-2021
YOU CAN ADD WEAPONS AND MAKE THE OFFENSIVE LINE BETTER AT THE SAME TIME.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You can't. Offensive line or bust!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:34 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
absolutely.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You can't. Offensive line or bust!
Not at all.

Some people act like it's either or.

And some people want to roll with Reiter and Wylie and act like we can't do better.

I say bullshit.

Veach remade a defense in one offseason.

I don't for a second think he can't get an offensive weapon and restock an offensive line.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:54 PM 03-06-2021
Good fucking grief, people.

The Chiefs signed Remmers early last offseason, signed Kilgore just before Training Camp and Osemele during.

The Chiefs won 14 games during the regular season.

Stop stressing about the offensive line. There will be plenty of talented guys willing to play on the cheap for a ring.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 03-06-2021
We can convert some of those signing bonuses into salary down the road right to help create some cap space?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:11 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good ****ing grief, people.

The Chiefs signed Remmers early last offseason, signed Kilgore just before Training Camp and Osemele during.

The Chiefs won 14 games during the regular season.

Stop stressing about the offensive line. There will be plenty of talented guys willing to play on the cheap for a ring.
Yeah I think some of that is overreaction to the super bowl. The dirty little secret that folks seem to be overlooking is if you rewatch that game vs the Bucs in the regular season they got some pressure on us with Fisher and pretty much shut us down that second half. No doubt we have some issues to address on the offensive line but Andy is going to have to do a better job at making some in game adjustments
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:21 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I think some of that is overreaction to the super bowl.
Some.

Every fucking year, this place goes fucking nuts over offensive lineman. Last year, it was Ruiz, who fucking sucked ass last season, the year before, it was Center and on and on and on.

The Chiefs under Reid do not place the same value on interior offensive lineman as they do other offensive and defensive positions. That's just the reality of the situation yet threads like these are just fucking non-stop until the season begins.

If Brett Veach says that Fisher, Schwartz and Mahomes will be ready by Training Camp, why in the fuck is everyone questioning Fisher and Schwartz availability but not Mahomes?

It's just a gigantic, never-ending circle jerk.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:24 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Some.

Every ****ing year, this place goes ****ing nuts over offensive lineman. Last year, it was Ruiz, who ****ing sucked ass last season, the year before, it was Center and on and on and on.

The Chiefs under Reid do not place the same value on interior offensive lineman as they do other offensive and defensive positions. That's just the reality of the situation yet threads like these are just ****ing non-stop until the season begins.

If Brett Veach says that Fisher, Schwartz and Mahomes will be ready by Training Camp, why in the **** is everyone questioning Fisher and Schwartz availability but not Mahomes?

It's just a gigantic, never-ending circle jerk.
I think it's the severity of the injuries.

Anyway you'll have LDT and Niang coming in next year so theres already 2 upgrades to the line. Grab a center in the 2nd or 3rd round with Fisher/Schwartz in some capacity that's a pretty solid offensive line.

Hopefully a pass rusher is there at 31 if not BPA
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:30 PM 03-06-2021
All though I'll throw this out here to drive you crazy Dane. What if Veach is saying that to play games to make teams think tackle isnt a priority so a team wont try and jump in front of us to take a tackle in the draft
[Reply]
Page 158 of 319
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up