ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job
RealSNR 12:00 AM 11-29-2017
https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:30 AM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Unless he grandstanded me in my home. Then I would make him leave.

I’ll bring a shovel.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:34 AM 11-30-2017
For Arizona State fans wondering about Herm's offensive philosophy:

When we score seven points, I’ll say we’re slow starting. If we score 21 points, I’ll say, ‘Whoa, we scored a lot of points.’ Twenty-one points – that’s a lot of points. Thirty points? That isn’t even a football game. That’s Arena Football. We’re talking about real football
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:38 AM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
For Arizona State fans wondering about Herm's offensive philosophy:

When we score seven points, I’ll say we’re slow starting. If we score 21 points, I’ll say, ‘Whoa, we scored a lot of points.’ Twenty-one points – that’s a lot of points. Thirty points? That isn’t even a football game. That’s Arena Football. We’re talking about real football

“Arena”.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:31 PM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
Didn’t Herm lose two timeouts in the same challenge against Oakland one time?
Don't get me started with how he grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory against the Bucs in 2008.

Time running out, offense has no time-outs... so Herm calls a time out for them. Jeff Garcia literally draws a play up on the sideline with the time Herm generously granted them, and proceeded to throw a TD.

A 2 point conversion and overtime later, the bucs won.

Only time I"ve seen a coach call a time out in a situation like that. It was like he was TRYING to help the Bucs.

Herm was the only coach I remember being able to consistently lose even when he won the turnover battle 4-1
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:55 PM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If I concede your point that he should have been better at drafting, then your claim is our strategy was right but we should have been getting better faster. How exactly is being behind schedule "wrecking the franchise?"

But moving in the wrong strategic direction is acceptable... because it gets you a few garbage 6-10 seasons. Or better yet, making 1 playoff appearance but leaving behind the oldest roster in football with a gigantic multi-year cap mess... that's not wrecking the franchise? So it's okay to leave behind a 3 year mess, but god forbid we be a year or 2 behind in our development.

If you're a new GM, which situation would you want. The $20M over the cap talented veteran roster with all 30+ year old veterans and no young guys, or the $50M under the cap roster with no talent. That's about as easy of a question as you're gonna get. A few years ago, Gus Bradley was scapegoated for building a roster the same way. They called him a 3-win coach - he knew he could spend on players to immediately build his credibility, but he patiently stuck it out. Don't think there's a damn person that looks at Jacksonville's team right now and hates what that team turned into.
Look man. If you think the best anyone can do with Vermiels roster is 5-11, despite teams in the NFL constantly dumping payroll and churning age off the roster without being a complete and utter fucking joke, then that’s just you being fucking obtuse and refusing to stop white knighting Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards who wrecked the fucking franchise.

/run-on sentence.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:58 PM 11-30-2017
I don't wish Herm Edwards to coach any team but please get rid of him on ESPN.
[Reply]
Otter 03:14 PM 11-30-2017
Everybody keeps saying that. But even a high school kid would have to look past his dumbfuckery wouldn’t they?

Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Fuck him for wrecking my franchise. But I do hope he gets it so he will get the fuck off my radio and television.
Took the words out of my keyboard. I loath that man.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:03 PM 11-30-2017
Look man. If you think the best anyone can do with Vermiels roster is 5-11, despite teams in the NFL constantly dumping payroll and churning age off the roster without being a complete and utter ****ing joke, then that’s just you being ****ing obtuse and refusing to stop white knighting Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards who wrecked the ****ing franchise.

/run-on sentence.
Maybe we should have traded 2 seconds for a QB. Spent cap money we didn't have on backloaded contracts for a few overpriced veterans instead of playing rookies. A safe QB alone would have gotten you closer to the 8-8 you so desperately craved. The fact that you're still stuck on the idea that Vermeil's geriatric roster was worth building off of or that you think this was a simple payroll dump proves that you still have no concept about how bad of a situation Peterson/Vermeil dumped off.

God forbid we had one coach in the last 20 years who chose an actual rebuild, who chose to develop QBs instead of trading for retreads, who didn't load our roster with second wave overpriced middling free agents. We finally have one who did that and we're complaining that we didn't make enough safe moves to keep us at .500. This is why KC will always settle for mediocrity. Blowing up the roster was ballsy and it was the right decision. Period.

And again... for all your talk about how easy it is to turn a team around in 3 years, can you say Jacksonville? Gus Bradley got scapegoated too. And it's looking like his decisions to rebuild in the same way Herm did is turning out brilliantly well. But not before he got run out of town for being a 3-win wonder. Thankfully the Jags had the patience to let him see the rebuild all the way through.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:30 PM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
If he takes the job I may go to a few games to check out all the hot chicks and use him as the excuse as why a 54 year old guy is sitting alone in the stands with sunglasses among all the college kids and not really watching the game. :-)
You won't be alone, and the kids don't care.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:33 PM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Poor Zona, wow. :-)
I don't have much of a bone in this fight but please ...It's ASU...
[Reply]
lewdog 05:41 PM 11-30-2017
I wouldn't wish Herm on my worst enemy.

Well maybe Billay and the Nebraska Cornhumpers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:59 PM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe we should have traded 2 seconds for a QB. Spent cap money we didn't have on backloaded contracts for a few overpriced veterans instead of playing rookies. A safe QB alone would have gotten you closer to the 8-8 you so desperately craved. The fact that you're still stuck on the idea that Vermeil's geriatric roster was worth building off of or that you think this was a simple payroll dump proves that you still have no concept about how bad of a situation Peterson/Vermeil dumped off.

God forbid we had one coach in the last 20 years who chose an actual rebuild, who chose to develop QBs instead of trading for retreads, who didn't load our roster with second wave overpriced middling free agents. We finally have one who did that and we're complaining that we didn't make enough safe moves to keep us at .500. This is why KC will always settle for mediocrity. Blowing up the roster was ballsy and it was the right decision. Period.

And again... for all your talk about how easy it is to turn a team around in 3 years, can you say Jacksonville? Gus Bradley got scapegoated too. And it's looking like his decisions to rebuild in the same way Herm did is turning out brilliantly well. But not before he got run out of town for being a 3-win wonder. Thankfully the Jags had the patience to let him seeindidn the rebuild all the way through.
I didn’t say it was easy. Don’t put that shit on me. I’m just saying other teams do it so 5-11 isn’t the upper limit of year 3 like you keep postulating. It is also possible to rehabilitate a good team (which Vermiels was) without being abysmally terrible. Because you know, good teams do it.

Fact of the matter is if you’re going to take a decent team and blow it the fuck up the key to THE WHOLE MOTHERFUCKING THING is finding personnel at good value. The only thing that will make the thing go, he failed fucking miserably at.

Accordingly he took a decent team with decent talent and wrecked it. He wrecked the fucking franchise. There is no way around it. By the end of year 3 it was all his creation. All of it. And it was a fucking tire fire.

He wrecked the franchise.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:02 PM 11-30-2017
I didn’t say it was easy. Don’t put that shit on me. I’m just saying other teams do it so 5-11 isn’t the upper limit of year 3 like you keep postulating. It is also possible to rehabilitate a good team (which Vermiels was) without being abysmally terrible. Because you know, good teams do it.

Fact of the matter is if you’re going to take a decent team and blow it the **** up the key to THE WHOLE MOTHER****ING THING is finding personnel at good value. The only thing that will make the thing go, he failed ****ing miserably at.

Accordingly he took a decent team with decent talent and wrecked it. He wrecked the ****ing franchise. There is no way around it. By the end of year 3 it was all his creation. All of it. And it was a ****ing tire fire.

He wrecked the franchise.
It wasn't year 3. It was year 2 or arguably year 1 of the rebuild since they didn't decide to rebuild until 1-2 seasons in.

You're asking for a half-ass rebuild so that it wouldn't hurt as bad. The Carl Peterson way. I'm shocked that your main complaint is that we went nuclear on the roster. There are a lot of people on CP who hate Herm and most of them agree that this was the right move. And if they accept that it was the right move, then your argument that we should have been at least competitive by year 3 is totally unrealistic.

I suggest you start paying attention to Jacksonville. If that team finds a QB, that's a dangerous team. And they're going to get better and better and better. That's what happens when you rebuild the right way.
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:13 PM 11-30-2017
Heh, I think I may send Buehler445 an ASU hat...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:19 PM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Heh, I think I may send Buehler445 an ASU hat...

I’ll split the $ with you.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up