» Round 3, No. 92: John Cominsky, DE, Charleston
» Round 5, No. 167: Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska
» Round 6, No. 201: Keenen Brown, TE, Texas State
» Round 6, No. 214: Saivion Smith, S, Alabama
» Round 7, No. 216 (from 49ers): Nate Herbig, OG, Stanford

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-draft-round-1
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:04 PM 04-19-2019
I’m thinking secondary in R1 + a possible trade for Clark with one of the 2s and maybe a 5 or 6.. just my gut right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s similar in size and athleticism to Calais Campbell, who can and has played both.
Give Malik Jackson a better first step and you have Jerry Tillery.

I really don't get the idea that he couldn't play DE at all. He absolutely could, and he could play it very well. It just depends on what kind of DE you're looking for.

But the things that would make him effective as a DE could easily make him a terror alongside Jones on the interior. That's what sets him apart from Winovich - I think he can be equally effective at Winovich's only real position (and perhaps even moreso if Spags is doing w/ his pass rush what he certainly appears to be doing) and he can be a monster from the interior.

He's just a better prospect, IMO. And by a pretty significant amount.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m thinking secondary in R1 + a possible trade for Clark with one of the 2s and maybe a 5 or 6.. just my gut right now.
I would still be absolutely floored if they gave up a 2nd for Clark. And frankly, pretty unnerved.

Because acquiring a DL who's due a massive contract means that things are going very poorly in the Jones extension talks or even worse, the Chiefs are preparing for life after Tyreek Hill and are going to go ahead and have a plan in place to reallocate those funds.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:14 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would still be absolutely floored if they gave up a 2nd for Clark. And frankly, pretty unnerved.

Because acquiring a DL who's due a massive contract means that things are going very poorly in the Jones extension talks or even worse, the Chiefs are preparing for life after Tyreek Hill and are going to go ahead and have a plan in place to reallocate those funds.
Completely understand your points, more of a prediction on my end— and it could change in the next six days.

Rapoport was talking tonight on NFLN about how there are teams monitoring Clark’s status and there is real interest in trading for him. We’d be naive to think KC isn’t potentially one of those teams based on all the info that is available to us.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:21 PM 04-19-2019
At this point I'd rather trade up for a DE instead of trading and paying for Clark. I actually think we're pretty well off at DE though so I'd rather stay put and take Adderley, Johnson, Thornhill, etc at 29 or even a DT if they fell.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 PM 04-19-2019
My top 3 for the draft is Murphy, Tillery and Adderley. I’d be fine with Bradbury if those three were gone.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:24 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My top 3 for the draft is Murphy, Tillery and Adderley. I’d be fine with Bradbury if those three were gone.
Do you like Adderley a lot better then say Johnson or Thornhill?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Do you like Adderley a lot better then say Johnson or Thornhill?
I personally do but I wouldn’t be against drafting either one of those two.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:29 PM 04-19-2019
I personally do but I wouldn’t be against drafting either one of those two.
There is only two things I hate about Adderley, these nagging injuries during his combine and pro day. The other was level of competition
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 PM 04-19-2019
I've sold myself on Greedy's physical ability and am working hard to convince myself that the coaching staff can straighten out his focus/maturity issues.

Because for all the things I worry about with that pick, it's impossible not to recognize that a focused Greedy Williams would be the most dynamic CB to come out of this draft. He could play inside or out, he could play zone or man. He could do anything we need of him as a CB.

If him and Murphy are both there, I probably go Murphy because I think Murphy's floor is pretty high, but given time I could talk myself into gambling on the upside of Williams instead.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:36 PM 04-19-2019
Williams has the pure cover skills to be a true #1 corner. But there are plenty of questions there beyond that obviously—questions that the FO and staff hopefully have decent answers to now.

I think our defensive staff could potentially maximize his potential. And HB can influence him along as a former LSU guy.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:41 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
There is only two things I hate about Adderley, these nagging injuries during his combine and pro day. The other was level of competition
Complete agreement here. Love his tape, love his game.

But his draft prep being hindered by the nagging injuries has me worried that he might be one of those constant band-aid types, missing games every year. Adderly is fine-boned and might not be able to hold up to NFL physicality given how he puts his body on the line.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Williams has the pure cover skills to be a true #1 corner. But there are plenty of questions there beyond that obviously—questions that the FO and staff hopefully have decent answers to now.

I think our defensive staff could potentially maximize his potential. And HB can influence him along as a former LSU guy.
Ultimately I've gotten to where if he's there, odds are I won't be upset if we pass on him or upset if we pick him. I'll defer to the staff either way because they're the ones that will have decided that they can/cannot straighten him out.

What they choose to do at that point would tell us what their answer is. Because if they think they CAN straighten him out, he's worthy of a top 15 selection.

But like Ryan Sims screwed me up forever on DL with motor issues in the draft, Marcus Peters has me skittish of corners who need to be babysat to keep their heads screwed on straight.

It is what it is, I s'pose...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 PM 04-19-2019
Man the thought of Ferrell, Murphy, or Greedy falling to us....

The more you hear, the more it sounds realistic too.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:52 PM 04-19-2019

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up