ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2470 of 2688
« First < 1470197023702420246024662467246824692470 2471247224732474248025202570 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:39 PM 04-20-2023
It's funny to see those guys, but I also kind of wish that Pat The First wouldn't say stuff like that. I want to think that Patrick II was holding his breath waiting for the Chiefs to draft him.

Also, those guys are acting like Patrick II would have been just as good playing for the bears. There's no way he would have been a bust, but I can see a lot of teams trying to leash him to the common perception of what a quarterback is. Recall that his draft profile listed all of his greatest strengths as weaknesses, and a lot of teams would try to get rid of the things like improvising and throwing off platform and streetball. The genius of Andy Reid is to let him be who he is, and rewrite what a quarterback can be.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:55 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's funny to see those guys, but I also kind of wish that Pat The First wouldn't say stuff like that. I want to think that Patrick II was holding his breath waiting for the Chiefs to draft him.

Also, those guys are acting like Patrick II would have been just as good playing for the bears. There's no way he would have been a bust, but I can see a lot of teams trying to leash him to the common perception of what a quarterback is. Recall that his draft profile listed all of his greatest strengths as weaknesses, and a lot of teams would try to get rid of the things like improvising and throwing off platform and streetball. The genius of Andy Reid is to let him be who he is, and rewrite what a quarterback can be.
Yes. I'm sure Patrick would have been great anywhere he went, but the whole lightning in a bottle script of him going to the Chiefs...there is NO PLACE in the NFL he would have been this successful than Kansas City. No way he takes the Bears to 3 Superbowls in 5 years. God had a plan indeed... It was...destiny...
[Reply]
Renegade 04:06 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yep. And trying to run the same system Testiverde ran IIRC.

Reason 175,790,481,649,204,111,736 Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards is criminally bad.
Whose hate is stronger

Buehler's hate for Herman Edwards or

Rain Man's hate for Ray Lewis?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:01 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Whose hate is stronger

Interesting. I hate them both.

ETA - Edwards and Lewis. Not Rain Man and Buehler.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:11 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Whose hate is stronger

No one could watch that sweaty murderer do his spastic little pseudo-dance before games and not hate him. The pseudo-dance is worse than the murder, because I didn't have to see the murder.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:26 PM 04-20-2023

:-):-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:10 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

:-):-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can’t let him fall out of the top 7 or so. That’s just too team friendly. It looks bad. Taking advantage of his will to win. Besides, whatever that number is, he’s worth more.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:18 PM 04-20-2023
Brady took way below market forever. GOATs with massive national ad campaigns can play by different rules.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:25 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can’t let him fall out of the top 7 or so. That’s just too team friendly. It looks bad. Taking advantage of his will to win. Besides, whatever that number is, he’s worth more.
Question is, does he want more money or is he more interested in legacy building. He'll easily be a billionaire by the time he retires and he knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if he holds for now
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:32 PM 04-20-2023
Keep him happy, keep him upright
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:44 AM 04-21-2023
If they paid Patrick what he's worth, he'd easily be the highest paid, but we already know that Patrick isn't driven to be the highest paid. He knew he was leaving money on the table when he signed the current contract, so we know that he's willing to take less so that the team can succeed. The Chiefs just need to make sure they keep Patrick happy with whatever he's getting. It sure wouldn't hurt for the Chiefs have someone in the front office working to get endorsement deals for Patrick and all the other players too.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:16 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Question is, does he want more money or is he more interested in legacy building. He'll easily be a billionaire by the time he retires and he knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if he holds for now
I don't believe that he would be all about the money because if he was there would be no reason to sign a 10 year contract. He knew it would not be long before others eclipsed him on a yearly basis. He's never been about anything but winning and knows that if he were to be paid what he is worth, it would be very hard for KC to compete.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:27 AM 04-21-2023
I did a double take, assuming this was a BWillie post.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:25 AM 04-21-2023
If I was a quarterback making enough money that I didn't need anything for the rest of my life, the thing I would want more than anything is a really good left tackle. That's where I would want to spend my money.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:17 PM 04-21-2023
He surely knows by now he will be a billionaire someday. Those workouts in Texas, that’s legacy building. Anyone who has ever played sports of any kind knows team and player chemistry is essential to success and championships.
[Reply]
Page 2470 of 2688
« First < 1470197023702420246024662467246824692470 2471247224732474248025202570 > Last »
Up