ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1971 of 2688
« First < 971147118711921196119671968196919701971 19721973197419751981202120712471 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:03 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's hard to believe he's gotten better with the crappy line we have in front of him. Fisher, Allegretti, Kilgore, Wylie, Remmers. Only Fisher was drafted, many of them weren't even invited to the combine.

Imagine what Mahomes will do if we decide to put a stud line in front of him.
Easy to imagine. More deep passes.

The bad OL is why we see so much more dinking and dunking. Wiley and reiter are goddamn terrible.

Most QBs would struggle far more with this much interior pressure. Mahomes threw away like six passes against TB. On one wiley and reiter got humiliated by suh, and hill was wide open. Mahomes saw him, but had to evade the rush and throw it away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 PM 12-03-2020
Current Chiefs elo = 1747

Chiefs elo at time of the SB last year = 1745

They're actually better right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Easy to imagine. More deep passes.

The bad OL is why we see so much more sinking and dunking. Wiley and reiter are goddamn terible.
They'll eventually get better on the IOL but anybody thinking they're going to have a line like Indy or LV is kidding themselves. They're not going to invest in the line like that.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:10 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They'll eventually get better on the IOL but anybody thinking they're going to have a line like Indy or LV is kidding themselves. They're not going to invest in the line like that.
KC may have the worst G/C/G combo in the nfl... but two of those guys arent supposed to start.

At full strength it's not terrible at all, but this season it is what it is. 3 starters are gone, the 3rd round pick opted out.

It's not like it's an issue due to neglect. Just bad luck and opt outs.

Fisher might be having his best season ever tho
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:11 PM 12-03-2020
He's not ever going to have a stud line in front of him. That's not the way you build an offense like this. It's the not the 2003 Chiefs.
in a couple of years, this offense might look different by necessity. In that case, you'll need a better line and to be more balanced.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
in a couple of years, this offense might look different by necessity. In that case, you'll need a better line and to be more balanced.
Even then, I don't think you'll ever see a "stud" line in KC. It takes to much in terms of resources that could be spent elsewhere.

Yes, they might retool and they can certainly get better but the days of the 2003 Chiefs are over. We won't ever see that again.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:17 PM 12-03-2020
If we draft well we could get significantly better. I have never thought much of Andy Heck. Our Oline doesn't ever seem as polished as other Olines. Especially when it comes to handling stunts and twists.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:18 PM 12-03-2020
Even then, I don't think you'll ever see a "stud" line in KC. It takes to much in terms of resources that could be spent elsewhere.

Yes, they might retool and they can certainly get better but the days of the 2003 Chiefs are over. We won't ever see that again.
Nobody is saying we need 3 hall of Famers.

It's not even an issue of need. We dont have all of our guys. It's a make shift line.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:21 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
If we draft well we could get significantly better. I have never thought much of Andy Heck. Our Oline doesn't ever seem as polished as other Olines. Especially when it comes to handling stunts and twists.
We are missing our starting guards. The back up left guard is playing right tackle.

Of course they're going to struggle. If hill, kelce, and watkins were all hurt the pass game would suffer. That wouldn't be a result of neglect.

The only position I think needs a big upgrade going forward is center. I dont like reiter.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:23 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Nobody is saying we need 3 hall of Famers.

It's not even an issue of need. We dont have all of our guys. It's a make shift line.
No, but Jake was talking about imagining a "stud line".

I think we can all imagine a better line than what we have now. But when I think "stud" line, I think of teams like LV, Indy, and Pitt that have spent 1st round picks not just on tackles but on guards and have gone out and acquired high dollar free agents, which I don't ever see us doing.
[Reply]
In58men 08:23 PM 12-03-2020
Current Chiefs elo = 1747

Chiefs elo at time of the SB last year = 1745

They're actually better right now.
What’s ELO?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:25 PM 12-03-2020
Can't you fuckers use Google?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ings-are-back/

:-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:30 PM 12-03-2020
No, but Jake was talking about imagining a "stud line".

I think we can all imagine a better line than what we have now. But when I think "stud" line, I think of teams like LV, Indy, and Pitt that have spent 1st round picks not just on tackles but on guards and have gone out and acquired high dollar free agents, which I don't ever see us doing.
Andy has shown that he will draft high/ trade for tackles, but usually looks to develop interior guys.

KC has a solid OL on paper with all of our guys. For me it's not a long term concern as much as it's annoying in it's current depleted state. Not much the team can do though.

Mahomes hides the problems so well non chief fans and analysts dont even notice it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:32 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
What’s ELO?
Electric Light Orchestra!
[Reply]
JakeF 08:34 PM 12-03-2020
Eric Berry 8m cap hit is finally off the books at the end of this year.
Watkins' 16*m is gone at the end of this year, he's a FA.
Next year is Fisher's last year though.
We can release Frank Clark in 2022 years and break even and get his 26m cap number off the books.
[Reply]
Page 1971 of 2688
« First < 971147118711921196119671968196919701971 19721973197419751981202120712471 > Last »
Up