ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 791
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172572 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:07 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I know its not happening but I am SURE Andy could go crazy with Bell. Imagine the possibilities, the numbers, the ass whoopings the Chiefs would put on everyone! WOW
except, no. Bell would not put up numbers in this offense. That's not how our line blocks, it's designed for quickness and misdirection. We don't play the sort of offense that compliments his style. Bell literally would sit on the bench behind Damien Williams and in this offense that would be the right decision.

He does not fit the offensive scheme at all.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:03 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wonder if we can get this guy for a mid rd pick? He doesn’t have a lot of value right now.

Unless you think your medical/training staff can fix his injuries, he’s not worth a ham sandwich.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:44 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
except, no. Bell would not put up numbers in this offense. That's not how our line blocks, it's designed for quickness and misdirection. We don't play the sort of offense that compliments his style. Bell literally would sit on the bench behind Damien Williams and in this offense that would be the right decision.

He does not fit the offensive scheme at all.
Truth. It really is a whole different thing blocking for Bell. Your OL has to be extremely stout to hold the LOS for an extended period of time.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:48 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Truth. It really is a whole different thing blocking for Bell. Your OL has to be extremely stout to hold the LOS for an extended period of time.
Man that's depressing that we don't have that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:57 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Man that's depressing that we don't have that.
It's just a different style, entirely. Nothing wrong with either concept, but they are different physical types and skillsets.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:00 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's just a different style, entirely. Nothing wrong with either concept, but they are different physical types and skillsets.
Hunt must have been supremely talented, then.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:03 PM 02-26-2019
Wow. I can't believe there are multiple posters that think Andy Reid couldn't make use of LeVeon Bell. We'd never pay the dude what he wants, but IF he was on our team he'd be an absolute monster.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:03 PM 02-26-2019
Saying that a guy with the receiving ability that Bell has isn’t a fit at all in Reid’s offense is just silly, sorry.

Yea, his running style is different than what Reid’s used to, but it’s different from just about every NFL RB.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:41 PM 02-26-2019
So Gregory and Irving of the Cowboys are facing suspensions now. Is it all a nefarious plot by Lawrence to get paid?!?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:58 PM 02-26-2019
I’m not saying that Bell couldn’t or wouldn’t produce here under Andy but he wouldn’t produce up to his cost level. The value just isn’t there.

Then again, I don’t know if any RB is worth $10M+ per year at this point. Even a guy like Gurley who is insanely productive is starting to have knee issues.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:03 PM 02-26-2019
Never give a RB a second contract in today’s nfl, with very very rare exceptions. Guys that sit out entire years over greed don’t get included in that. Guys with injury histories and sit out whole seasons over contract disputes don’t apply.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:05 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Hunt must have been supremely talented, then.
Hunt and Bell are entirely different backs, with totally different skillsets.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Saying that a guy with the receiving ability that Bell has isn’t a fit at all in Reid’s offense is just silly, sorry.

Yea, his running style is different than what Reid’s used to, but it’s different from just about every NFL RB.
It's not about that.

His running style doesn't fit this offensive line's strengths and weaknesses at all.

It doesn't fit the offensive concept at all.

he's a bad fit.

He'd be great behind the Vermeil era line and blocking schemes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:09 PM 02-26-2019
I’m intrigued with the John Ross potential for say our 3rd Tyreek Sammy Kalevala and that fool on the field would be a secondaries night mare.
[Reply]
In58men 06:11 PM 02-26-2019
Ross can suck a dick. Dude is junk.

DeVante Parker for me.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 791
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172572 > Last »
Up