ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 391 of 445
« First < 291341381387388389390391 392393394395401441 > Last »
Hall of Classics>*****Official Chiefsplanet "I have a random thought" Thread*****
Mr. Flopnuts 03:16 PM 04-23-2009
Just in case you have some random thought and feel like starting a thread over it, you can just bump this one.
Simply Red 09:46 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by Lumpy:
I want to lock Paris Hilton in my closet. That way, when I have a bad day, I can pull her out, spit on her, punch her in the face, and put her back.
she a bitch
luv 10:07 PM 05-14-2013
Individual Health Insurance Plan (Family-3 Person) = $400/mo.

Hospital Bill (For Emergency Surgery) = $30,000

Patient Responsibility = $12,000

:-) WTF IS THAT SHIT?! SERIOUSLY?! THEY WANT ME TO PAY $12,000?!

One night in my very own suite... $2000!!! :-) WTF?!

Does anyone know if hospitals accept IOU's? Monopoly money, maybe?

Sigh.

FML :-)
Do you have traditional insurance or an HSA? What's your deductible? What are they saying wasn't covered?
Lumpy 10:10 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Wow, so they thought once they took your lady parts that you wanted to then become a man?! Jesus, that is horrible.
I know, right?

Wait, wut?!

Originally Posted by Simply Red:
she a bitch
FREAKY AS SHIT, SR!!! Here I was, cruising through my old posts in this thread, and you just quoted the 1st post that I just looked at, (not but a few minutes ago).

What possessed you to quote that post?! Seriously?! Can you read my mind or something? :-)

Edit: Your rep comment, (:-), btw), doesn't answer my question, doucheguzzler! I demand answers!! :-)
Lumpy 10:15 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by luv:
Do you have traditional insurance or an HSA? What's your deductible? What are they saying wasn't covered?
It's traditional. IIRC it's $7500. The insurance company sent me an Explanation of Benefits, but that thing is like trying to read Chinese after you stab both of your eyes out with a fork.
luv 10:33 PM 05-14-2013
It's traditional. IIRC it's $7500. The insurance company sent me an Explanation of Benefits, but that thing is like trying to read Chinese after you stab both of your eyes out with a fork.
Hmmm. Do they cover 100% after meeting your deductible? If it's a 80/20 plan (depending on network coverage and whether you were in or out of network), that would come to $12,000. That would be the only thing I could think of. If it covers 100% after deductible though, there's no reason you should be paying more than $7,500.
luv 10:34 PM 05-14-2013
And, yeah, EOB's suck ass.
Lumpy 10:45 PM 05-14-2013
Hmmm. Do they cover 100% after meeting your deductible? If it's a 80/20 plan (depending on network coverage and whether you were in or out of network), that would come to $12,000. That would be the only thing I could think of. If it covers 100% after deductible though, there's no reason you should be paying more than $7,500.
In network and 80/20.

The primary problem here is that they didn't catch something on the 1st ultrasound. If the radiologist knew what the hell she was doing, I wouldn't have needed emergency surgery 2 days after my first visit. The radiologist at my 2nd visit told me "off the record" that they should have caught that because she could see it clearly in the 1st ultrasound.

Long story short... had they diagnosed and taken preventative action at that first visit, we should have received a bill for around $2,000 instead of $12,000.
luv 10:52 PM 05-14-2013
In network and 80/20.

The primary problem here is that they didn't catch something on the 1st ultrasound. If the radiologist knew what the hell she was doing, I wouldn't have needed emergency surgery 2 days after my first visit. The radiologist at my 2nd visit told me "off the record" that they should have caught that because she could see it clearly in the 1st ultrasound.

Long story short... had they diagnosed and taken preventative action at that first visit, we should have received a bill for around $2,000 instead of $12,000.
Go after the radiologist and the hospital (as the employer, they're responsible for her actions). They should pay that $10,000 plus punitive damages. Just be prepared for people to literally comb through your medical history.

I talked to an old school mate a couple of years ago. She's an ER doctor now. She said the only profession out there that scares her are lawyers. Think about how much one mistake could cost you. I definitely understand her fear.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do/pursue.
luv 10:56 PM 05-14-2013
And remember that a lawyer will end up with 1/3 of your settlement. So, in order to come out ahead, don't settle for less than $15,000. :-)
Lumpy 11:15 PM 05-14-2013
Go after the radiologist and the hospital (as the employer, they're responsible for her actions). They should pay that $10,000 plus punitive damages. Just be prepared for people to literally comb through your medical history.

I talked to an old school mate a couple of years ago. She's an ER doctor now. She said the only profession out there that scares her are lawyers. Think about how much one mistake could cost you. I definitely understand her fear.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do/pursue.
Thanks, luv!

Yes, that's the plan. I'm not the type to sue, but that whole situation was fubar from the start. I'm not even looking for a big settlement above what's owed, (although that would be nice). I just refuse to pay for someone else's ignorance.

My medical history is pretty cut & dry. The only time that I've gone to the hospital was for Pyelonephritis, (recurring kidney infections), dehydration, an ovarian cyst rupture, (that was a few years back), and to give birth. Other than that, (and the recent cyst/tube rupture incident), I'm healthy.
Lumpy 11:16 PM 05-14-2013
And remember that a lawyer will end up with 1/3 of your settlement. So, in order to come out ahead, don't settle for less than $150,000. :-)
I think that figure needs an extra "0".

Yes, that looks better. :-)
Mr. Flopnuts 11:36 PM 05-14-2013
I'm just glad everything is okay, and you're okay. That said, fuck those assholes. They call it a practice for a reason. Get everything you can from them.
Lumpy 11:51 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I'm just glad everything is okay, and you're okay. That said, **** those assholes. They call it a practice for a reason. Get everything you can from them.
Thanks, Floppy! I'm bouncing back faster than I had anticipated.

"Fuck those assholes"? Damn! I think you're more pissed off than I am. :-)
Mr. Flopnuts 01:57 AM 05-15-2013
Thanks, Floppy! I'm bouncing back faster than I had anticipated.

"Fuck those assholes"? Damn! I think you're more pissed off than I am. :-)
They made a major mistake that could've completely ruined your family, and your life. I'm pretty pissed about it indeed.
AussieChiefsFan 04:38 AM 05-15-2013
I feel like I've become more resistant to the cold lately. Now that it's Autumn, in the mornings it's about 57 degrees and I can got out in pretty much a T-shirt and shorts. Granted, it hasn't been windy at all recently, but still, being an Aussie I think it's a decent feat. :-)
Page 391 of 445
« First < 291341381387388389390391 392393394395401441 > Last »
Up