ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I owe the IRS $4,000
siberian khatru 06:15 PM 02-14-2020
So I get home and the wife says she’s got bad news: A letter from the IRS saying we owe $4,000 on our 2018 taxes.

Apparently, she sent all the right paperwork to our tax preparer, but when the preparer returned the completed forms she forgot to include one. My wife failed to check that and signed the return (and got me to sign off, trusting her) and sent it off.

So here we are. My wife is afraid I’m going to divorce her. (I’m not.)

Anyone have an experience like this? Do we have any recourse? That 4 Grand could buy a lot of Super Bowl swag.
[Reply]
damaticous 06:35 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
4k is NOTHING compared to what we have had to pay before. 37K was the most we have ever owed. That one HURT. Biggest return ever was 28k.
Congrats on owing more than OP! Must have sucked. But this thread isn't about you.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:39 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Can you send an amended return with the forgotten form included?
This, if the missing form justifies the return she signed you should be good with an amended return. I've had that happen to me.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:42 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by damaticous:
Congrats on owing more than OP! Must have sucked. But this thread isn't about you.
I know. Just trying to put things in perspective for him.

OP, I have to come up with $3500 for property taxes by next month. Sucks, but it's a reality we have to deal with.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:44 PM 02-14-2020
Does this excuse you from giving her Valentine's Day crap for the rest of your life? Worth the $4k nonsense with IRS. Fair trade!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:46 PM 02-14-2020

OP, I have to come up with $3500 for property taxes by next month. Sucks, but it's a reality we have to deal with.
Thanks. We’ve got till March 11 to get this sorted out. Otherwise I’m gonna have to Mr. Blonde you guys.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:47 PM 02-14-2020

It's a small price to pay for living in the greatest country on Earth. I'm sure our leaders in government will spend the money wisely and judiciously.
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:48 PM 02-14-2020
I got a letter from the state of CO saying that they had changed tax laws, so now I retroactively owed back taxes, fees and interest from a house sale 5 years ago. I called and got them to eliminate the interest but I had to pay the rest.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:49 PM 02-14-2020
Letting his wife do his taxes is what brought down Al Capone, you know.
[Reply]
F150 06:51 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
So I get home and the wife says she’s got bad news: A letter from the IRS saying we owe $4,000 on our 2018 taxes.

Apparently, she sent all the right paperwork to our tax preparer, but when the preparer returned the completed forms she forgot to include one. My wife failed to check that and signed the return (and got me to sign off, trusting her) and sent it off.

So here we are. My wife is afraid I’m going to divorce her. (I’m not.)

Anyone have an experience like this? Do we have any recourse? That 4 Grand could buy a lot of Super Bowl swag.

One year we sent Mo the Fed $ and Fed the Mo$......Mo took 4 months to send us back our overpayment. Fed demanded the shortfall in 14 days or pay a penalty
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:51 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I got a letter from the state of CO saying that they had changed tax laws, so now I retroactively owed back taxes, fees and interest from a house sale 5 years ago. I called and got them to eliminate the interest but I had to pay the rest.
How is that even possible? Was the tax law change in effect 5 years ago when you sold and they are just now getting to your case to fuck you in the ass 5 years later?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:53 PM 02-14-2020
I'd contact one of those tax relief companies (I hear a lot of commercials for a place called Optima, but have no experience with them), or a tax lawyer, or maybe both. Either should at least give you a free consultation to discuss options.

And blowjobs on demand from the wife until further notice.

Well, you can try that last one..... :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:54 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'd contact one of those tax relief companies (I hear a lot of commercials for a place called Optima, but have no experience with them), or a tax lawyer, or maybe both. Either should at least give you a free consultation to discuss options.

And blowjobs on demand from the wife until further notice.

Well, you can try that last one..... :-)

“Now it’s time for YOU to pay up, honey.”
[Reply]
DaFace 06:59 PM 02-14-2020
I bet you could at least get them to forgive the interest.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:00 PM 02-14-2020
Wait, so would you have owed anything if you had included the form? You can still amend the return if it's just a matter of correcting it.
[Reply]
Spott 07:01 PM 02-14-2020
They will give you longer than what it says on the form. You will have to call them and wait on hold for a long time to speak with someone. You should be able to do some sort of amended return, but you will need to call them and let them know. After you do the amended return, it will probably take them a little while to stop sending you the notices. The IRS is one big clusterfuck. They are seriously understaffed and none of the departments communicate with each other. We paid a CPA to do the taxes and he was the one that eventually corrected the return. It will be a pain in the ass dealing with these bastards, but it sounds like you shouldn’t owe any money.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up