ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Per PFT, Bieniemy becomes logical candidate for CU Buffaloes job
arrowheadnation 01:47 AM 02-12-2020
I think he stays with the Chiefs for one more year and gets hired by an NFL team next year.

Eric Bieniemy becomes logical candidate for Colorado job after Mel Tucker's reported departure https://t.co/bXS772dS7Q

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 11:23 AM 02-12-2020
why the hell would he leave to join a shitty college team when hes got a good chance at getting an nfl hc job next year or next. thats just media needing to fill their quota on articles written
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:29 AM 02-12-2020
Nice to go scorched earth on the university that gave you your first major HC shot. Fucking scumbag.

While I am flattered to be considered for the HC job @MSU_football, I am committed to @CUBuffsFootball for #TheBuild of our program, its great athletes, coaches & supporters. #UnfinishedBusiness #GoBuffs

We are #Relentless #Culture #TheBuild

— Mel Tucker (@Coach_mtucker) February 8, 2020

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:31 AM 02-12-2020
It is pretty simple... which career path has a better chance of getting EB an NFL HC job... continuing to be the OC with Patrick Mahomes or struggling to win 5 games in the obscurity of a college football non-factor at Colorado... case closed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:42 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Let's take career advice from Michael Lombardi, sounds like a solid life decision. If you go to college there's no guarantee you ever get back to the level of SUPER BOWL WINNING OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR... some people are just ****ing stupid.
Yup, taken from a guy who got fired for refusing to hire anyone who didn't know bill parcells or bellichick.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:13 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Nice to go scorched earth on the university that gave you your first major HC shot. ****ing scumbag.

Nobody is going to turn down an offer at a bigger school in a bigger conference that's going to pay you twice as much and invest much more in the program.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:29 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy didn't have to do that. Why should Bienemy?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 12:44 PM 02-12-2020
I wonder if some inside the NFL hope he takes the job to assuage themselves of the guilt that the most qualified and accomplished candidate (regardless of skin color) was passed over.

I think he'll be a tremendous head coach in the NFL and if that's what EB wants, he'll ultimately get it and that franchise will be able to thank incompetent organizations like the Browns and Giants for it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:46 PM 02-12-2020
College head coach > NFL OC

I cant beleve some of you are too fucking stupid that dont believe that.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:51 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

I cant beleve some of you are too ****ing stupid that dont believe that.
EB is about to become a head coach next season. Him taking the Colorado HC he would be letting the NFL off the hook
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:57 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

I cant beleve some of you are too ****ing stupid that dont believe that.
Very simple question that even someone as consistently dense/stupid as yourself should be able to answer...

What path is more likely to result in EB becoming an NFL HC in 2021...

Remaining OC for a Super Bowl-caliber offense with Patrick Mahomes or going to be the HC at Colorado and likely winning no more than 4-5 games?
[Reply]
Hoover 01:01 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
How fucking condescending is this.

I agree with Walsh in principal, but EB is not your typical coordinator IMO. He's in a system under Reid that produces successful NFL head coaches.

The timing of this opportunity is bad too, I have nothing against college jobs, but if I was going to take one it wouldn't be in fucking February. Almost impossible to build a staff let alone recruit.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:17 PM 02-12-2020
Here's the current Head Coaches in the NFL that I would take Eric Bienemy over.

Kliff Kingsbury
Matt Rhule
Sean McDermott
Zac Taylor
Kevin Stefanski
Vic Fangio
Bill O'Brien
Doug Marrone
Joe Judge
Adam Gase

I amazes me how stupid NFL owners are sometimes when it comes to the sport. Thank god we have Clark Hunt who actually tries and gives a shit.
[Reply]
Spott 01:41 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
There could be some seriously big NFL head coaching jobs available next season.

The Jets, the Falcons, the Bears, the Jags, maybe more.
I think the bottom would have to fall out of this offense for him not to land an NFL HC position next year. Given the success of Reid’s previous coordinators and that the Chiefs just averaged 39 points per game in the playoffs, it seems a foregone conclusion that he will have his pick of head coaching jobs next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:37 PM 02-12-2020
I think it's a given that EB gets a NFL HC job next year.

However, it's not like he couldn't take a college HC job now, make that team great or at least very good in two or three years, and get a NFL HC job down the road. It's been done before.

But there's also another question: what does EB want?

One thing about college coaching jobs is that they are far more stable than NFL coaching jobs. EB could take that CU job, which probably would pay more than what he's getting now, and know that he wouldn't have to worry about getting fired for a dozen years.

The NFL doesn't offer that kind of stability. In today's NFL, he could take a HC job next season, and be fired a season or two later.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 09:54 PM 02-12-2020

You'll really want to keep your eye on Mizzou DC Ryan Walters if you're a CU Buffs fan.

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) February 13, 2020

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up