ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders poised to pursue Tom Brady
Deberg_1990 08:18 PM 02-06-2020
Thoughts?

Raiders are poised to pursue quarterback Tom Brady if he doesn't re-sign with the Patriots before free agency begins, league sources told ESPN.https://t.co/rAloZCF2W1

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 2, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 12:34 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Brady is not going to play for the Raiders.

He'd have to play us twice this season. With a below-average defense with no pass rush and limited offensive weapons. His chances of making the playoffs would be a coin flip at best.

Plus he'd have to play the Chargers, and the one thing the Chargers have is a pass rush, and some pretty good CBs and S.

He's not going to a team that is destined to be first or second runner-up to KC next season.
It would be nice to put two losses a year to the Chiefs on Brady's record.

Without his weekly "scouting reports" it would be interesting to see how well he would do against legit defenses in the AFC West.
[Reply]
oldman 12:38 PM 02-15-2020
He's not going anywhere. End of discussion.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:47 PM 02-15-2020
Perhaps this has already been asked and answered on here, this seems like it certainly borders on tampering.

So are the Raiders negotiating a contract through the media with Tom Brady?

To a lesser degree, but it seems like the same is being done for some of the Chiefs free agents.

That does not seem legal according to the rules.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:50 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
He's not going anywhere. End of discussion.
I’m beginning to think that as well.

The Pats will pay him and mint and promise to bring in more talent for him to work with.

Kinda pointless to go from the Penthouse ( Pats) to the (Outhouse). Other than money.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:05 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It would be nice to put two losses a year to the Chiefs on Brady's record.

Without his weekly "scouting reports" it would be interesting to see how well he would do against legit defenses in the AFC West.
Considering how he did last year against teams that had legitimate pass-rushes, he wouldn't do very well, IMO. He posted stats last season that were actually worse than Carr's. Rivers was far more effective than Brady.

And I don't see him looking at the Chargers pass rush, and ours, and wanting to get pounded four times this season at 43. And not have a real shot at the playoffs. The only reason to even consider it would be for a huge amount of money. Like 40 million. Which no one is going to pay him.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:09 PM 02-15-2020

[Reply]
staylor26 01:15 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Brady is not going to play for the Raiders.

He'd have to play us twice this season. With a below-average defense with no pass rush and limited offensive weapons. His chances of making the playoffs would be a coin flip at best.

Plus he'd have to play the Chargers, and the one thing the Chargers have is a pass rush, and some pretty good CBs and S.

He's not going to a team that is destined to be first or second runner-up to KC next season.
Don’t forget Von and Chubb in Denver.

It would be an awful decision indeed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:19 PM 02-15-2020
If I’m Brady and I had to pick an AFC West team to sign with.....I’d pick the Chargers. The first thing I would do is stop making out with kids. And then immediately after that I’d make them spend every pick and FA dollar on offensive linemen.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:33 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If I’m Brady and I had to pick an AFC West team to sign with.....I’d pick the Chargers. The first thing I would do is stop making out with kids. And then immediately after that I’d make them spend every pick and FA dollar on offensive linemen.
This is the only thing that makes sense. LA needs a major star to fill stadium seats, so I figure the league would fully support/encourage/strong arm the deal. Playing in a half-empty multi-billion dollar stadium would be a huge embarrassment to the NFL, while filling seats won't be a problem for any team playing in Vegas. Plus, the Chargers are a much better team all around, and would be able to mask his weaknesses.

If the LA thing doesn't happen, frankly I'll be shocked.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:34 PM 02-15-2020
Ideally he'd go to the NFC but I think the perfect match and fit is with the Titans. If he goes anywhere else in the AFC other than Tennessee he's a dipshit.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:45 PM 02-15-2020
Brady will retire a Patriot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:54 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Ideally he'd go to the NFC but I think the perfect match and fit is with the Titans. If he goes anywhere else in the AFC other than Tennessee he's a dipshit.
In reality, I still think Brady retires a Pat. However, if he was serious about leaving NE, I agree that TEN is the best spot for him.

Only one team in the AFC-S has a legit pass-rush (JAC), he'd have a top-3 running game to lean on (assuming TEN re-signs Henry), and a real TE and WR. He'd also have a decent defense, though they also don't have a pass rush and their secondary has a couple holes in it. But overall they are the most complete team in that division.

Brady would have a legitimate shot at winning the division, something he wouldn't have in the AFC-W.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:00 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Brady will retire a Patriot.
Wow!
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:16 PM 02-15-2020
Tom " Do you have any young boys hanging around?"
Mark " I'll get you some"
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:06 PM 02-15-2020
If I’m Jerry Jones I try to trade Dak and sign Tonsil tickling Tom.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up