ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 28
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Black QB
Ubeja Vontell 12:04 AM 09-16-2019
Look at how things are going right now...

Highest paid....Russell Wilson
MVP....Patrick Mahomes
Number one draft pick...Kyler Murray
Leading Heisman candidate....Jalen Hurts

That ability to escape the pocket, extend plays, plant that...run? pass?...seed, is where things are heading. No backer ever has to worry about Eli, Rivers, Brady, Dalton, running the football. That can't be said about those mentioned above.

Lamar Jackson is what we see at Arizona(faster than Jackson), Oklahoma, Ohio State, and all over college/HS football nowadays, that mobile QB, a guy who can scoot 30 yards, extend plays.

The first black QB's were Willie Thrower, Marlon "Magician" Briscoe, James Harris, "Jefferson Street" Joe Gillum. (can't really count Fritz Pollard) but none of them made any impact.

It started with Doug Williams, Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham, they proved that yes blacks can play NFL QB.

My Top 10

1.Warren Moon....Oilers/Washington
2.Russell Wilson.....Seahawks/Wisconsin
3.Patrick Mahomes....Chiefs/Texas Tech
4.Donovan McNabb....Eagles/Syracuse
5.Steve McNair.....Titans/Alcorn
6.Randall Cunningham....Eagles/UNLV
7.Dak Prescott....Cowboys/Miss State
8.Cam Newton....Panthers/Auburn
9.Michael Vick...Falcons/Virginia Tech
10.Doug Williams...Buc's/Grambling

Today there are more black starting QB's than ever before.

Can't ignore....

DeShaun Watson
Kordell Steward
Daunte Culpepper
Jeff Blake
Rodney Peete
Vince Young
Colin Kaepernick
Lamar Jackson
Jacoby Bissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Tyrod Taylor
Andre Ware
Vince Evans
Akili Smith
Geno Smith
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:40 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
the DR is the only country with a high rate
Venezuela has a high rate too

Either way, why are poor Latin countries pumping out baseball players, but poor black communities not.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:43 PM 02-16-2020
Just one of a ton.....

The rise of black NFL quarterbacks has been both swift and spectacular. Just over 40 years after Doug Williams became the first African American passer to be selected in the opening round of the NFL draft, black quarterbacks now occupy positions of prominence throughout professional sports’ most successful league.

Once dismissed as a group by the NFL’s longtime wrongheaded thinking based on skin color, black signal-callers have proven they possess the mettle, smarts and talent needed to thrive at the game’s most important position. They have been No. 1 overall draft picks. They have won league MVP awards. They have led teams to Super Bowl championships. One is even enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Talk about closing a gap.

And today’s superstar black passers – Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott – are continuing to build on the accomplishments of the trailblazers who kicked down the door for them. Let’s look at some of the most important moments in their climb to the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But we can't talk about here, really? Everywhere else can, just not us....why?

Who is our greatest QB, can he run? Can Jimmy G run, nope!
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:50 PM 02-16-2020

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:02 PM 02-16-2020
How soon we forget.....

Here he is taking third at the NCAA in the grueling 400 hurdles

(Des Moines, June 13)
(26 contestants, 8 finalists; Q—49.93)
1. Jeshua Anderson (Washington State) ............... Fr................48.69
2. Reuben McCoy (Auburn)................................... Sr ...............48.71
3. Robert Griffin (Baylor) ....................................... Fr................49.55
4. Jussi Heikkilä' (South Carolina)......................... Sr ...............49.69
5. Nick Robinson (Texas A&M).............................. Sr ...............49.92
6. Terry Thornton (Hampton)................................. Sr ...............49.99
7. Kai Kelley (USC)................................................ Sr ...............50.45
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:06 PM 02-16-2020
I don’t see the surprise? The sport has been predominately African American for decades due to generally athletic superiority over white counterparts. Mahomes isn’t the best example of a Black quarterback because he’s as much white as he is black, but if you have to break it down by race then yay?!? I see it as the league is shifting to more of a hybrid because Defensive lines are getting penetration and the Defenses are responding to a more offensive tilted league, and back and forth we go. I like the new crop of Quarterback, and I guess if it’s giving African American quarterbacks a greater opportunity due to their inherent athleticism then good stuff. Diversity is always welcome to evolve the culture and sport to a better place.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:10 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I don’t see the surprise? The sport has been predominately African American for decades due to generally athletic superiority over white counterparts. Mahomes isn’t the best example of a Black quarterback because he’s as much white as he is black, but if you have to break it down by race then yay?!? I see it as the league is shifting to more of a hybrid because Defensive lines are getting penetration and the Defenses are responding to a more offensive tilted league, and back and forth we go. I like the new crop of Quarterback, and I guess if it’s giving African American quarterbacks a greater opportunity due to their inherent athleticism then good stuff. Diversity is always welcome to evolve the culture and sport to a better place.
A guy who gets it, :-)

We are see it, that big vacated area just behind the rushers and in front the receivers going out. All a QB has to do is get there and its 10-15 yards, with a mobile QB you have that open to you, with an Eli or Rivers or Brady...nope!
[Reply]
JakeF 06:11 PM 02-16-2020
At least we can stop hearing about it now.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:11 PM 02-16-2020
Ubeja, do you think most black QBs are circumcised?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:19 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Whosyomomma, I usually like what you have to say, but shut up.

"Proof! Mitchell Trubisky drafted ahead of Deshaun Watson!"

:-)
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:22 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
A guy who gets it, :-)

We are see it, that big vacated area just behind the rushers and in front the receivers going out. All a QB has to do is get there and its 10-15 yards, with a mobile QB you have that open to you, with an Eli or Rivers or Brady...nope!
DC are smart they will find a way to stop mobile QB.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:22 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:30 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
At least we can stop hearing about it now.
JakeF you have how many other threads out there to enter, why come into one to moan about the topic, don't read it, works for me.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:37 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Can you yodel?
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:40 PM 02-16-2020

Expect to hear a lot about this guy, but not as a QB.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 PM 02-16-2020
Toto Africa most influential blues song ever

Convince me otherwise
[Reply]
Page 19 of 28
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up