ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have an Air Fryer
Fat Elvis 11:12 PM 03-04-2019
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:16 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Since mine is a Nuwave fryer do I have to play Gary Numan while I use it??
Believe it or not, he's still at it....

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:23 AM 03-06-2019
My inner fat guy kids love it when I air fry one of those Red Baron french bread pizzas.

sobs quietly
[Reply]
fan4ever 05:10 PM 03-07-2019
Well whatta ya know...I just got mine. While I was waiting I watched some poorly made videos reviewing the one I bought and got a sinking feeling. Just received it and tested on some store bought fries and they were actually crunchy and flavorful...very much like the deep fryer...expected soggy/crisp combo you get from the oven. Whole chicken next.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:16 PM 03-07-2019
Ok, wasn't going to bump this thread again, but being it was...

Really thinking about getting one for the camper. What brands would be recommended?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:09 PM 03-07-2019
Have a Nuwave. Used it a few times and was not impressed. Don't plan on using it again.
[Reply]
praveenkumarad 10:24 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
I really confuse when I was search for air fryers and not able to find any helpful article whether air fryer is good for our health or not. But when I find this article airfryermarket.com/are-air-fryers-safe I really satisfied their opinion and bought Philips air fryer which is one of the renowned brand in kitchen appliance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 03-13-2019
I finally went and looked to see which one we have.

It's the As Seen on TV model and it got excellent reviews, which is why she went with it. I've got nothing but good things to say about it. Everything turns out nicely and it's big enough to cook an entire meal.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:37 AM 03-13-2019
I made steak fajitas last night in the ninja foodi. I took the steaks out of my freezer and went from frozen solid to sliced up and ready to eat in about 20-25 min.

2 min cook time plus the few min it takes to build pressure in the pressure cooker to thaw and tenderize
6 min or so on the air crisper to finish
the rest was prep time.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:36 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Have a Nuwave. Used it a few times and was not impressed. Don't plan on using it again.
I've been using mine for the last week quite a bit. Here's what I found:

1) On frozen meat like chicken, you have to watch it pretty close, or you'll over cook very easily. Can't just program and walk away, need to keep a watch on it. And the chicken needs to be flipped halfway through. I mean that in the most positive way.

2) It did a great job on sausage.

3) Not so good on baking cornbread. I'd still bake stuff in a regular oven.

4) It does GREAT on making frozen garlic or texas toast. Quick and tasty.

5) Also good at reheating restaurant food.

6) It also brings cookies back to life. If you buy a dollar pack of Best Choice Chocolate chip cookies, you can sprinkle them with water then heat them up for about 2 minutes and they taste like they came right out of the oven.

7) Did some bacon, it was OK, but very messy. Bacon grease all over the place. Easier just to do this on a slotted tinfoil pan in the oven.

8) Does steak fries pretty well. Again, have to watch them and flip them halfway through. Fine line between over cooking and under cooking then.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:49 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've been using mine for the last week quite a bit. Here's what I found:

1) On frozen meat like chicken, you have to watch it pretty close, or you'll over cook very easily. Can't just program and walk away, need to keep a watch on it. And the chicken needs to be flipped halfway through. I mean that in the most positive way.

2) It did a great job on sausage.

3) Not so good on baking cornbread. I'd still bake stuff in a regular oven.

4) It does GREAT on making frozen garlic or texas toast. Quick and tasty.

5) Also good at reheating restaurant food.

6) It also brings cookies back to life. If you buy a dollar pack of Best Choice Chocolate chip cookies, you can sprinkle them with water then heat them up for about 2 minutes and they taste like they came right out of the oven.

7) Did some bacon, it was OK, but very messy. Bacon grease all over the place. Easier just to do this on a slotted tinfoil pan in the oven.

8) Does steak fries pretty well. Again, have to watch them and flip them halfway through. Fine line between over cooking and under cooking then.
9) Sucks ass at frozen okra.
[Reply]
loochy 01:50 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
9) Sucks ass at frozen okra.
Really? I'm surprised. Please elaborate.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:52 PM 03-13-2019
Fried air definitely tastes better than regular air.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:52 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Really? I'm surprised. Please elaborate.
The breaded okra that needs to be fried... It's terrible, just mush and clumped up. I suspect they're really ideal for things they've been par cooked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 03-13-2019
The breaded okra that needs to be fried... It's terrible, just mush and clumped up. I suspect they're really ideal for things they've been par cooked.
It comes out nice and crispy in ours.
[Reply]
loochy 01:58 PM 03-13-2019
:-) Spritz it with oil and do the thing....I'm surprised. I believe you though because I've never done okra in mine.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up