ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 781 of 791
« First < 281681731771777778779780781 782783784785 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:53 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol does everybody that has ever been injured have injury concerns?

He’s missed 2 games in his career.
What if you can get a player that's just as productive?

Ogbah, Speaks, Okafor, and Ansah is a great rotation. I'd also spend a pick on a pass rusher.

Again look at that rotation of guys and you'll be saving around 10 mil.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:53 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Same

I like Clark, but NOT for a first or more and not for similar money to Demarcus Lawrence. I’d like to see them get an extension worked out for Jones then if they need to trade for a player, go get a premier corner.

If Veach really wants to trade for a vet, I doubt anyone would complain if we traded a 1 and 2 for Jalen Ramsey and paid him like the top corner in the league.

You can’t give a top 15 type guy top 3 money, though. Especially after trading multiple premium picks for him.
Agreed that's a fuck ton. With that said I would give that for Ramsey, Pat Pete and MAYBE Rhodes.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What if you can get a player that's just as productive?

Ogbah, Speaks, Okafor, and Ansah is a great rotation. I'd also spend a pick on a pass rusher.

Again look at that rotation of guys and you'll be saving around 10 mil.
Like I said, I’m not really for or against a trade as long as we don’t give up too much. I can see both sides of this.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:56 PM 04-22-2019
Say Ansah gets hurt again. Sucks but you arent as financially invested but as pointed out we have depth at the position.

I'm using those premium picks on an offensive lineman, WR, and either safety or defensive lineman.

Probably bringing back D rob, letting Watkins go to free up even more cap. Going into 2020 You have Hill, D Rob, high draft pick at WR. That's a formidable group. You either extend Ansah or use that money to sign a pass rusher.

Again in terms of flexibility Clark isnt the best option.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:58 PM 04-22-2019
Under my scenario you pocket those two 2s next year and your first. An elite corner might not be available this year but who knows about next. You'll have more cap and picks to acquire talent.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:59 PM 04-22-2019
Like I said, I’m not really for or against a trade as long as we don’t give up too much. I can see both sides of this.
Me too I wont be pissed if we get Clark hes a good player. I just see a better scenario.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 PM 04-22-2019
Ansah wouldn’t be a bad stopgap but you could just be getting a broke. Down player that isn’t worth it

Clark is 25 and just getting in the prime of his career

It’s alot to give up for sure but if you get a healthy Clark for 15 games or so per year it’s a good deal. He’s good
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 PM 04-22-2019
Ideally you hit on the draft picks.

But if you have an opportunity to grab an elite player in his 25 year old season, especially at pass rusher and going into a season in which you need to be legit on d, it’s fine
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:02 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ansah wouldn’t be a bad stopgap but you could just be getting a broke. Down player that isn’t worth it

Clark is 25 and just getting in the prime of his career

It’s alot to give up for sure but if you get a healthy Clark for 15 games or so per year it’s a good deal. He’s good
Does it give you any pause that the Seahawks are shopping him around?
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 PM 04-22-2019
Does it give you any pause that the Seahawks are shopping him around?
It used to in these situations but anymore, not really.

Especially not right now. Go all in and win a super bowl then deal with the rest later
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 PM 04-22-2019
Does anybody really think this will happen though?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:06 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It used to in these situations but anymore, not really.

Especially not right now. Go all in and win a super bowl then deal with the rest later
I dont buy that this team has a super bowl window as long as Mahomes is the QB and if Veach hits on this draft. Teams should always have cap flexibility that's why a trade for Clark kinda contradicts alot of the moves made this off season.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 04-22-2019
Does anybody really think this will happen though?
That a deal for Clark happens? Sure if the price comes down a bit.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 PM 04-22-2019
I dont buy that this team has a super bowl window as long as Mahomes is the QB and if Veach hits on this draft. Teams should always have cap flexibility that's why a trade for Clark kinda contradicts alot of the moves made this off season.
Good teams aren’t gonna have a lot of cap space if they keep their good players.

It’s fine to keep some flexibility but you can stagger deals in such a way that allows it.

Unless Mahomes takes a Brady type deal, it’s gonna be windows opening and shutting thru it. It’s just not realistic
[Reply]
staylor26 09:10 PM 04-22-2019
That a deal for Clark happens? Sure if the price comes down a bit.
I just don’t see it.

1. The Seahawks are clearly stubborn as fuck.

2. The Chiefs aren’t going to trade for and a pay a guy with a history of domestic violence after the past year.
[Reply]
Page 781 of 791
« First < 281681731771777778779780781 782783784785 > Last »
Up