ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 791
« First < 34567 8910111757107507 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:34 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So...would you Burfict?

ESPN's Katherine Terrell believes "it makes sense" for the Bengals to move on from LB Vontaze Burfict this offseason.

Burfict hasn't played a full 16-game season since 2013, whether that's due to a lengthy injury and concussion history or suspensions, and will turn 29 this year. Once a force on the field, Burfict has become more of a liability. And with familiar faces like Marvin Lewis, Paul Guenther, and Jim Haslett gone, it makes sense for the new, young staff led by Zac Taylor to cut the cord.
Fuck no.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:44 PM 02-08-2019
The mock drafts and grades are up and if we can get either Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy in the draft I'd highly prefer that to paying unreal money for mediocre free agent corners.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2019/mock-drafts

And weirdly enough you can get probowl caliber safeties for pennies.

Free agency for safety, first round on a corner, later rounds for linebackers and maybe a RB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:05 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Steven Nelson has removed anything Chiefs from his twitter account.
Thank God. So tired of that clown.

He thinks he's Deion and plays like 1/5th of him.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:22 PM 02-08-2019
I have seen some talk in here about OL. I think we need to remember Kahlil McKenzie too. We never put him on the practice squad but he was also never active for a game. Interesting way to "hide" a player to keep them from being poached. Maybe our replacement for Erving at LG?

As for Morse, I agree that we should move on. But then the question is, is Austin Reiter
good enough or do we need to get a new center?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:24 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's my biggest problem with Nelson. He crapped on the fans on social media, he celebrated after giving up first downs, he just never really had his head in the game.
Nelson clearly has short man syndrome.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I have seen some talk in here about OL. I think we need to remember Khalil McKenzie too. We never put him on the practice squad but he was also never active for a game. Interesting way to "hide" a player to keep them from being poached. Maybe our replacement for Erving at LG?

As for Morse, I agree that we should move on. But then the question is, is Austin Reiter good enough or do we need to get a new center?
Center is my concern as well. I think they're in good shape at guard, even without replacing Erving right away.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:28 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
BYE. Bitch ass.
yip - i was going to post the exact thing.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:31 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's my biggest problem with Nelson. He crapped on the fans on social media, he celebrated after giving up first downs, he just never really had his head in the game.
All of this and the fact that he NEVER TURNED AROUND when defending the pass. Ok, he did a little bit toward the end, but for the most part he was a guaranteed PI penalty for always keeping his back to the ball.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:33 PM 02-08-2019
I have seen some talk in here about OL. I think we need to remember Kahlil McKenzie too. We never put him on the practice squad but he was also never active for a game. Interesting way to "hide" a player to keep them from being poached. Maybe our replacement for Erving at LG?

As for Morse, I agree that we should move on. But then the question is, is Austin Reiter
Yeah, I forgot about him. Surely he's ready to make the active roster next year. Still ,with the QB we have now, it would be prudent to continually draft OL in the first 3 rounds every year. It's now probably the most important position.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:35 PM 02-08-2019

I love McKenzie's potential, if he's ready this year, I think he will start.

I believe that Veach signed Reiter and Erving as insurance policies in case they aren't able to acquire other linemen. If they get to draft day and have a great chance to grab a center with good value, I think they will. But if not, they've got a couple guys in place that can start if need be.
[Reply]
threebag 02:20 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
yip - I think we have something in him.
Yip
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:27 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Thank God. So tired of that clown.

He thinks he's Deion and plays like 1/5th of him.
you're too kind.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:57 PM 02-08-2019
Think there’s a good bet that one of these guys is a Chief next month. Draft isn’t particularly strong at the position and it’s our biggest need.

The top 10 safeties expected to hit free agency this March.

For more on all 10: https://t.co/U0ODo29xOM pic.twitter.com/PuY0Vvahx1

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 8, 2019

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:22 PM 02-08-2019

Draft CB, look for FA safeties.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:23 PM 02-08-2019
Dammit - slow pony.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 791
« First < 34567 8910111757107507 > Last »
Up