ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>TAKE 5 - The best candy bar on the Planet?
TinyEvel 12:30 AM 08-15-2006
I would agree.

Peanuts, peanut butter, caramel, a pretzel, all covered in Chocolate?

DAMN!!!! :-)

What was your favorite of all time?

I like the short-lived REGGIE BAR named after Reggie Jackson, tho it looked like a prairie pie. I think it had the same ingredients as a Baby Ruth (another turd-shaped candy bar)

Anyone remember MARATHON BAR? It was like a foot long, braided caramel covered in chocolate. Awesome. Even had a ruler printed on the back of the wrapper. Back in the days of 25 cents each.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:04 AM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
Surprised there’s no love for a good old Kit-Kat.
It's my daughter's favorite. I sent her a giant bag of them for Valentine's Day.
[Reply]
F150 11:32 AM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by chagrin:
TAKE 5 is disgusting

Snickers by far is the best

/thread
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:35 AM 02-16-2020
Waiting on srvy to tell us all about the taffy pulls he used to go to and the delicious circus peanuts and licorice gum drops they used to have. You know... REAL candy!
[Reply]
old_geezer 11:53 AM 02-16-2020
I kept going back and forth from Payday to Cherry Mash.
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 11:57 AM 02-16-2020
Abunch of years back, at the local Sams Club, I found some Chocolate Dipped Payday bars. I believe they were called Avalanche or something like that. They were pretty damned good. I bought the whole damned box. I went back recently, and they don't have them anymore.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:15 PM 02-16-2020
Top 10:

Baby Ruth
Reese's PB Cups
Ghirardelli Caramel bar
Twix
Payday
Butterfinger (original recipe)
Hershey's Bar with almonds
Snickers
Almond Joy
Heath

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Waiting on srvy to tell us all about the taffy pulls he used to go to and the delicious circus peanuts and licorice gum drops they used to have. You know... REAL candy!

Speaking of old fashioned candy, there is a company called Claeys that produces a bunch of hard candy with flavors like horehound and sassafras. It's good and dirt cheap to boot.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 12:29 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
It will always be the Marathon Bar for me but it's technically not on Earth anymore.
Actually, there is good news my friend. The Marathon is alive. It is now made by Canbury in the UK and sold under the name “Curly Wurly”. I get a few each year and they taste awesome. They have cost saved them to me shorter and not as wide as when sold in the US, but at least it’s still available.
[Reply]
banecat 12:36 PM 02-16-2020
Take 5? Shut your whore mouth with that shit. Fifth Ave, Payday, Mounds, Kit Kat, and just about anything made by the fine people at Reese's. The one that tops my list is the dark chocolate peanut butter cups. And I'm only naming some average shit here. Someone needs to take away your candy privilege for a time frame that they deem worthy of such a food crime
[Reply]
007 12:39 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
Actually, there is good news my friend. The Marathon is alive. It is now made by Canbury in the UK and sold under the name “Curly Wurly”. I get a few each year and they taste awesome. They have cost saved them to me shorter and not as wide as when sold in the US, but at least it’s still available.
Hmm. Off to ebay I go.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:03 PM 02-16-2020
Payday
Butterfinger
Reeses PBC
I really hardly ever have any candy except when we have the shit around for Halloween
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:17 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
It will always be the Marathon Bar for me but it's technically not on Earth anymore.
See's candy makes a caramel disc that's pretty close to what the marathon was like.

Its called the Milk Pattie

https://www.sees.com/milk-chocolate/...milk-chocolate
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:19 PM 02-16-2020
I feel like there was a massive tournament on here about candy - most likely created by Rain Man.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:20 PM 02-16-2020
Pfft! Get yo'self some good old fashioned Rootbeer Barrels from Hickory Farms in the mall---ohwait.
[Reply]
scho63 01:20 PM 02-16-2020
90% of today's candy has inferior and synthetic ingredients to when they were first put into production, tasting like complete shit.

I know just a few that still taste great:

1. Hershey Bar
2. Almond Joy
3. Mounds
4. Skor
5. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
6. York Peppermint Pattie

Even some of the best like Kit Kat have chocolate that is not as good as when they first came out. Milky Way and 3 Musketeers are complete shit now.
[Reply]
007 01:31 PM 02-16-2020
Oh yes!!!!

Cadbury Curly Wurly Chocolate Chewy Bars | Total 24 bars of British Chocolate Candy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QND9H6K...BGzsEbQCR6PCV*
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up