ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Unexpected benefits of winning it all
DaFace 02:53 PM 02-14-2020
I'm not sure I ever fully appreciated that one benefit of making it to (and winning) the Super Bowl is the incredible volume of coverage that we now have of our team. I've always been the type to watch just about every press conference and read every article I can, and the number of both has been so high that I've long ago given up on keeping up.

Add to that the various NFL Films videos, all the talking heads dissecting the game, marathons of Mahomes' best games...it's crazy how easy it is to keep the excitement going even two weeks later.

What other unexpected benefits have we seen?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:11 AM 02-25-2020
I went to the big supercross race in Dallas, I left my normal JGR/Suzuki shirt at home in favor of my LIV championship shirt. It felt great to strut around Jerry's world in it. I also saw several other people in Chiefs gear and high fived two of them.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:09 AM 03-02-2020
:-) :-) - Curb Your Enthusiasm this week. One of Larry's golfing buddies commits suicide because he can't take the letdowns of the Jets anymore, then Larry ruins a sure thing with the 'magical vagina' of the widow because he can't get the Jets failures out of his own mind. . . .

Thank Patrick we don't have NFL failure standing between us and magical vagina anymore!!
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:33 PM 03-10-2020
Last weekend I was lounging on my couch and I wanted a movie for background noise. I clicked through the options and found a free movie called "Gridiron Gang", starring Dwayne Johnson. It was about a juvenile detention facility that starts up a football team.

It was actually a pretty good movie. The plot was obvious and not a surprise, but the surprise to me was about the Chiefs.

At the end of the movie, the kids' team is driving to win the game, and the running back gets a good block and breaks free down the right sideline. While it was the opposite sideline, I immediately had a vivid flashback of Damien Williams bursting down the left sideline to seal the game. It was as if I was watching the Chiefs' Super Bowl win all over again as that kid scored the winning touchdown. And the beautiful thing is that I'll probably do that for the rest of my life when I watch a football movie.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up