ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:22 AM 03-26-2024

Shocking footage. Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship.

pic.twitter.com/u8xXrhICJu

— Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) March 26, 2024

SITUATION REPORT: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE

- At 1:28 a.m. ET, a large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

- Large parts of the bridge immediately collapsed, sending multiple vehicles into the water, including a group of construction workers.

-… pic.twitter.com/QGHPeCyQLR

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
DaFace 01:49 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't understand how they could get the cars off but not these workers.
Tough to say with the info we have. They probably just stopped inbound traffic on both sides and let all the vehicles clear off. The bridge is about 1.5 miles long, so for all we know, this might have happened so quickly that they didn't realize that the construction crews were out there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:24 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
There are definitely some kooks out there. This idiot is claiming that the aircraft warning lights, that you can clearly see flashing on and off before the collision, are actually explosive charges designed to bring down the bridge.

TaQo John, is that you?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:43 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Tough to say with the info we have. They probably just stopped inbound traffic on both sides and let all the vehicles clear off. The bridge is about 1.5 miles long, so for all we know, this might have happened so quickly that they didn't realize that the construction crews were out there.
Yep, they were in the middle by the looks of it with their orange flashing lights on the trucks. They were probably filling potholes and didn't even realize what was going on until it was too late. They literally closed the bridge about 20 seconds before it fell as you can see a truck going over and then no cars either way and then 20 seconds later it falls. Those flashes could have been power lines snapping as well if they were running across the bridge.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:46 PM 03-26-2024
Does it take a god damn pig farmer to come up with the idea of an emergency anchor system. Mash a fucking button and drop 4 anchors the size of a house! Geez!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:47 PM 03-26-2024
I haven't seen a collapse that quick in Maryland since the Chiefs went into Baltimore and laid an ass whooping on the Ravens
[Reply]
scho63 02:50 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Does it take a god damn pig farmer to come up with the idea of an emergency anchor system. Mash a fucking button and drop 4 anchors the size of a house! Geez!
I thought you were going to recommend tying a bunch of giant pigs to the side of the ship as bumpers. :-)
[Reply]
Katipan 02:53 PM 03-26-2024
Does it take a god damn pig farmer to come up with the idea of an emergency anchor system. Mash a ****ing button and drop 4 anchors the size of a house! Geez!
It would still take at least 3 miles.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:57 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Has it been proposed yet that George Soros parachuted onto the deck and took control of the ship?
He's not really a "hands on" kind of guy.

Well, unless literal nazis ask him to tag along...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:04 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
It would still take at least 3 miles.
You don't know that. You're guessing. Anyway all it takes is for one anchor to snag a tree root and BAM! STOPPED!
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:06 PM 03-26-2024
Can you imagine what it musta been like driving on that bridge when that happened?

I mean, fuck.

I think my first thought woulda been, "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???"
[Reply]
Eureka 03:14 PM 03-26-2024

[Reply]
notorious 03:27 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Can you imagine what it musta been like driving on that bridge when that happened?

I mean, ****.

I think my first thought woulda been, "ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME???"
I picture driving down the bridge like any other night only to feel weightless then you are suddenly under water and can’t get the door open.
[Reply]
Katipan 03:34 PM 03-26-2024
You don't know that. You're guessing. Anyway all it takes is for one anchor to snag a tree root and BAM! STOPPED!
I know that a ship traveling at 16 knots takes about 6 miles, so you are correct.

But it's still an educated guess.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:35 PM 03-26-2024
I can see the Captains resume for his next job application.

Describe why you left your last job:

I got fired for destroying the Baltimore bridge. But it wasn't my fault. Jeremy thought he was playing a joke on me and turned off the ignition switch and hid the keys.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:36 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I think there are many cruise ships that use that port too. They are ****ed.
They will get some cranes in there and have the port opened up in a few weeks. Its the traffic that's gonna suck.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up