ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:29 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There was nothing there north of I-70 then. I had no problem with the arena, other than the tax abatements and corporate chain restaurants and bars that have nothing to do with KC dominating everything and funnelling all of the money out of the city. It stands as a huge missed opportunity.

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goatfuck of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

This isn't progress, it's a grift.
I'm not a huge fan of P&L and would much rather go a bit south.... I think Lucky Strike is the only place I've ever had a decent drink (and I think that's gone now). Howl at the Moon is fun. Flying Saucer down the street was nice when it was there.

I'd probably stick with the more local stuff, too near the ballpark.. or at least less touristy/bland/better priced places..
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:31 PM 02-14-2024
There was nothing there north of I-70 then. I had no problem with the arena, other than the tax abatements and corporate chain restaurants and bars that have nothing to do with KC dominating everything and funnelling all of the money out of the city. It stands as a huge missed opportunity.

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goat**** of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

Can't think of one corporate chain surrounding Petco Park.......matter of fact, the one I can recall (tilted kilt) went out of business.

plenty of small businesses around too.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:32 PM 02-14-2024
I suppose they'll use the old stadium for overflow Chiefs crowds?
[Reply]
bdj23 12:34 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm not a huge fan of P&L and would much rather go a bit south.... I think Lucky Strike is the only place I've ever had a decent drink (and I think that's gone now). Howl at the Moon is fun. Flying Saucer down the street was nice when it was there.

I'd probably stick with the more local stuff, too near the ballpark.. or at least less touristy/bland/better priced places..
I prefer Patty O's to Ballpark Village every time i go to St. Louis although we will usually go to both.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Nothing will ever top how people who live in KC are obsessed with parking and never leaving the suburbs.
Yep - and KC has so much suburbia and side streets - SO many different options for getting from A to B.
[Reply]
srvy 12:39 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
As long as they bring along the George Brett statue, so the ass kicking can continue, it's all good!

The may need to bulldoze this one under.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:42 PM 02-14-2024
There will be a new statue...of George Brett shitting his pants at the Bellagio.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:46 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I see the one block of Grand where there's Cigar Box, a Ramen place, Kobe Q, Prime Bar... am I missing anything?
Temptations!!!!
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:48 PM 02-14-2024
I'm confused...many are calling downtown a dangerous sh!thole, but also lament the bars and restaurants that will be replaced. Weird...
[Reply]
Mecca 12:51 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I'm confused...many are calling downtown a dangerous shithole, but also lament the bars and restaurants that will be replaced. Weird...
See they like the bars in that part so the stadium is supposed to go in the dangerous shithole part.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:52 PM 02-14-2024

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goat**** of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

Yup Crossroads is one of the few areas that isn't watered down bullshit. All this talk about how stadiums bring development yet the area around the stadiums never developed and they avoided moving to the East Village. Why? Because development wouldn't take off.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:54 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
yep.

Anyone who's ever been afraid of a downtown park should visit Petco.

Easy in/easy out. unlimited food and drink options within walking distance.

It's perfect.

And c'mon man....."but I tailgate at baseball games....". Really?
Cool, except this isn't an ugly unused area. It's a thriving bunch of locally owned businesses that all built the cultural heart of the city together without any outside interference.

There are ugly unused areas. Put it there and I wouldn't squawk
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:57 PM 02-14-2024
Why not the West Bottoms?

That area has lots of space and is underused. Plus, many buildings that are eyesores.

It also has that sexy view of skyscrapers in the background these modern baseball stadiums are looking for.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:57 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I'm confused...many are calling downtown a dangerous shithole, but also lament the bars and restaurants that will be replaced. Weird...
You're confused because those are coming from different people.

'dangerous shithole' people are afraid of the city, and don't live here andthe people who are pissed that they are going to tear out a thriving entertainment district actually live, work, and play here. That clear it up?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:58 PM 02-14-2024
What’s wrong with Kaufman?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up