ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 64
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:11 AM 01-29-2024
Lamar is on pace to win another playoff game...in two years
[Reply]
Rausch 09:14 AM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Lamar is on pace to win another playoff game...in two years
Depends on who he plays, now doesn't it?...
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:16 AM 01-29-2024
Lamar isn't good when the pressure is dialed up, and he isn't good when he has to pass the ball.

Other than that flukey TD early in the game or the busted coverage that allowed them to get close enough for Flowers to fumble into the end zone, the Ravens did almost nothing on offense until we were giving it to them. He had less than 100 yards until the 4th quarter or so. Chiefs had him on a leash.

Someone said that if you can keep him in the pocket and make him throw, you might shut the Ravens out. We almost did. They didn't get anything until we were letting them have it to milk the clock.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:20 AM 01-29-2024
I respect Josh Allen more now. Strange as that seems
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:22 AM 01-29-2024
Said it all week.

Lamar just doesn't possess the threat of the pass that Allen does.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:40 AM 01-29-2024
Yup. Allen has played us close most of the times and this year did it with a really banged up defense. His flaw is he can’t beat mahomes and burrow. Which is way different from, say, dak prescott who chokes against average teams too.

Lamar has been in the league for umpteen years. He’s had an absolutely loaded supporting cast that is tailor made for him. I mean, the defense and run game are the reason Lamar usually doesn’t have to play from behind. And this year with his most loaded supporting cast he still couldn’t get it done against a good team. Where is his signature win? Because his only playoff wins are against Tennessee and Houston.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:41 AM 01-29-2024
I completely agree.

No matter what I think of Allen he's light years above Lamar.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:43 AM 01-29-2024
Jackson is not in the same league as Allen or Burrow, who are not in the same league as Mahomes.

God tier
Patrick Lavon Mahomes II

Hacker tier
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow

Pro tier A (above-average starters)
Lamar Jackson
C.J. Stroud (potential to Hacker tier)
Matthew Stafford
Jalen Hurts
Trevor Lawrence (potential to Hacker tier)
Jordan Love (potential to Hacker tier)
Justin Herbert (potential to Hacker tier)
Kirk Cousins
Jared Goff
Dak Prescott

Pro tier B (average starters)
Brock Purdy
Tua Tagavailoa
Baker Mayfield

Noob tier (below-average starters)
Everyone else
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:52 AM 01-29-2024
I think Burrow's overrated. His numbers in the playoffs are weaker than Alex Smith's, he lives on 50/50 balls to great WRs, and we just saw an undrafted QB outperform him in his absense.

I don't think he should be above Stafford, Herbert, or Lamar, or even the Goff/Cousins tier.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:52 AM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think Burrow's overrated. His numbers in the playoffs are weaker than Alex Smith's, he lives on 50/50 balls to great WRs, and we just saw an undrafted QB outperform him in his absense.

I don't think he should be above Stafford, Herbert, or Lamar, or even the Goff/Cousins tier.
He's also brittle as fuck...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:54 AM 01-29-2024

Arrow is definitely pointed down on him, potentially. If he loses a weapon and starts to backtrack in play, he drops out and leaves Allen alone in that next group.

I should also probably have included a "crazy old man who might have CTE" tier for Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 09:54 AM 01-29-2024
The pundits have all predictively changed their tunes today. Pat is clearly the goat now.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 10:42 AM 01-29-2024

Burrow needs to do more in the playoffs. He should have a SB by now considering the opportunities he got in the 4th quarter. His profile has been built up because he beat Mahomes' team once. He also lacks the availability aspect that you need from a great franchise QB.
With the injury history, losing his OC, playing in the AFCN and downgrading his weapons due to FA, he will have to justify his place in the QB hierarchy. Right now it is solely based on catching Mahomes in an off-game. Relying purely on inexplicable opponent screwups is not a plan.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:44 AM 01-29-2024
As I’ve been watching the dumb triple coverage INT. Is there a world where mahomes and kelce complete that? It seems like Likely has a tiny bit of separation and no one over the top. Would require a pinpoint throw ahead and coming in high and hot with perfect timing. Which requires a great catch. Maybe an interesting thought if you’re kind of throwing it away but giving your TE a shot to make a play only he can make.

Lamar could not have thrown a worse ball on that throwing it short right into the coverage. But is it just me that this was actually doable with an elite throw and catch?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:55 AM 01-29-2024

Not sure I'd put him that low, but I've never really watched him and thought, holy shit this guy is special. Then again, he's also smarter than Allen, so while he doesn't have the same level of athleticism, you're trading for some hero ball and leading the league in turnovers.... so, boring is better to some degree, I guess.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 64
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up