ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 64
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm not sure he should have competed in the Precision Passing Contest. It isn't fair to embarrass him like that. Precision Passing isn't his game.

In Mexico, they don't allow you to match your fighting squirrel against a pit bull. Even the most fierce and savage of fighting squirrels aren't ready for that level of competition. And if it's good enough for Mexico, it should be good enough for the Pro Bowl.

FAX
Not sure how the presumptive MVP bows out of that. But boy he should have.

He's Tebow 2.0 with a better supporting cast. Take away the play action pass and he's toast.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:19 PM 01-24-2020
Jackson’s a system QB.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:22 PM 01-24-2020
Not bad for a running back
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:42 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump:
This thread is as smarmy as I've ever seen. As a Patriots fan, if this is how we sound then I apologize with all my heart because this thread is ridiculous. Yes Mahomes is great, best player in the league IMO. Russell Wilson is right behind him. Lamar is one dimensional but is clearly this years MVP. When Mahomes gets paid 40mil per year it will be interesting to see how good the the Chiefs will be - some weapons on both sides of the ball just can't be paid like they can now.
Except the Lamar Jackson apologists have started this bullshit narrative that Mahomes is only successful because he’s surrounded by playmakers and he has Andy Reid coaching him. In other words they ignore Jackson’s 0-2 playoff record at home, ignore his 0-2 record against the Chiefs and imply that Mahomes just got incredibly lucky to be dropped into the perfect situation when he was drafted. Ignore what their own eyes tell them which is Mahomes elite arm and accuracy are second to none.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:55 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Except the Lamar Jackson apologists have started this bullshit narrative that Mahomes is only successful because he’s surrounded by playmakers and he has Andy Reid coaching him. In other words they ignore Jackson’s 0-2 playoff record at home, ignore his 0-2 record against the Chiefs and imply that Mahomes just got incredibly lucky to be dropped into the perfect situation when he was drafted. Ignore what their own eyes tell them which is Mahomes elite arm and accuracy are second to none.
And he's got serious clutch factor. Been down by 10+ points in 9 games a pro. For 8 of those games, he led a comeback to get the 4th quarter lead. For the 9th game, he was not able to get the lead in the 4th quarter because Russell Wilson kept hitting long balls on the Chiefs crappy secondary. Mahomes scored 30 points in the game but lost by 1 possession.
[Reply]
Basileus777 09:57 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lamar Jackson should be converted to WR. Bill Polian had it right all along.

He's one of the 5 worst throwing quarterbacks in the sport. If I needed someone to make an accurate pass with my life in the line of COURSE I'd skip Jackson and take Ma......tt Moore.

Or Henne. Or Chase Daniel. Or another dozen backups in this league and evidently at least two wide receivers.

I don't need to shit on Lamar Jackson to build up Mahomes any more than I need to shit on Todd Blackledge to support Len Dawson or you to prove how awesome Rainman is. Rivals need to be in the same general tier of each other and these guys shouldn't even be playing the same position.

Lamar Jackson sucks and will never win shit in this league.
I'm not even that high on Lamar and this is a truly terrible take. The guy lead one of the best offenses in history and lead the league in passing DVOA. He's not Mahomes, but he's still one of the better Qbs in the league, even with his limitations. Calling him a bottom 5 throwing QB is laughable.

This post is some homeristic nonsense. It's not something anyone who seriously evaluates QBs would ever say. TBH it makes me rethink any of your previous posts and makes me want to take them less seriously. It's that bad man. It's on the level of something people would invent to strawman for dumb Lamar takes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
I'm not even that high on Lamar and this is a truly terrible take. The guy lead one of the best offenses in history and lead the league in passing DVOA. He's not Mahomes, but he's still one of the better Qbs in the league, even with his limitations. Calling him a bottom 5 throwing QB is laughable.

This post is some homeristic nonsense. It's not something anyone who seriously evaluates QBs would ever say. TBH it makes me rethink any of your previous posts and makes me want to take them less seriously. It's that bad man. It's on the level of something people would invent to strawman for dumb Lamar takes.
I don't really care.

Lamar Jackson without his legs to create space isn't even a Power 5 caliber passer.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:03 AM 01-25-2020
I hadn't thought about the show "Pros vs. Joes" for years, and then Lamar start throwing.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:42 AM 01-25-2020
It's always been a laughable comparison. Lamar Jackson is not that good of a QB. Good runner? Absolutely. Not a good passer. He's fortunate he has an offensive coordinator willing to play to his strengths and the team does well for it. He's not anywhere within orbit of Mahomes as a passer.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:36 AM 01-25-2020
This thread is as smarmy as I've ever seen. As a Patriots fan, if this is how we sound then I apologize with all my heart because this thread is ridiculous. Yes Mahomes is great, best player in the league IMO. Russell Wilson is right behind him. Lamar is one dimensional but is clearly this years MVP. When Mahomes gets paid 40mil per year it will be interesting to see how good the the Chiefs will be - some weapons on both sides of the ball just can't be paid like they can now.
Go fuck yourself, Patriotfan.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:22 AM 01-25-2020
Lamar is really good and so is the Ravens offense. They’ll be a top offense again next year. Every single starter is under contract for next year i think. What I find interesting is that throughout the year, just like we’re seeing now with Mahomes, pundits would would bring up potential injury to the QB as a viable way to slow down the offense. It’s pure desperation. It’s what people say when an offense looks unstoppable. “Mahomes might get injured! He needs to get hit! Be physical with him!” It’s not actually a tactic that will slow down this Chiefs offense.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:55 AM 01-25-2020
No one cares what you think, Patsfan.
[Reply]
NWTF 10:03 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:

Not really. Other than the bottom 5 part. I think his overall abilities elevates him above that. Id forgotten how inaccurate he was till the Titans game. His ball placement is pretty bad. His success as a passer seems to be reliant on the Ravens getting the early lead and ground and pounding the rest of the way which opens up some favorable matchups for him to pass.

Ive credited the Ravens for going all in on changing the offense to maximize Lamars strengths and not looking back. Many teams just would not have done that.

I dont think its sustainable over the long haul, unless he improves as a passer. Remember RG3? I remember talking heads questioning if he was better than Andrew Luck. That didnt last long.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:09 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by NWTF:
Not really. Other than the bottom 5 part. I think his overall abilities elevates him above that. Id forgotten how inaccurate he was till the Titans game. His ball placement is pretty bad. His success as a passer seems to be reliant on the Ravens getting the early lead and ground and pounding the rest of the way which opens up some favorable matchups for him to pass.

Ive credited the Ravens for going all in on changing the offense to maximize Lamars strengths and not looking back. Many teams just would not have done that.

I dont think its sustainable over the long haul, unless he improves as a passer. Remember RG3? I remember talking heads questioning if he was better than Andrew Luck. That didnt last long.
Give me Mahomes over Lamar all day without question, but Ravens will be a top 5 offense again next year. Lamar is not a GREAT thrower, but in that offense he's good enough to cause a lot of problems. He threw for 345 against the Titans. It's silly to look at that one game and think that he's been figured out. That offense is really, really tough to stop.
[Reply]
notorious 10:13 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Give me Mahomes over Lamar all day without question, but Ravens will be a top 5 offense again next year. Lamar is not a GREAT thrower, but in that offense he's good enough to cause a lot of problems. He threw for 345 against the Titans. It's silly to look at that one game and think that he's been figured out. That offense is really, really tough to stop.
You either didn't watch the game, or you didn't comprehend what you saw.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 64
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up