ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 79
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:21 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
but I think covering someone else's work is lazy and wrong.
Absolutely agree EXCEPT IF you can equal or better it.:-)

Because I will take Jose Feliciano's cover of "Light My Fire" over The Doors original EVERYTIME. Quite frankly this is how the song should have been produced from the get go. Jose proved it IMHO. His vocals and flamenco guitar playing are just phenominal:-)

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 PM 04-03-2021
This guitar players rips...it's nowhere close to my appreciation for the original though...creativity and all.

[Reply]
penchief 06:10 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Here's an odd one. I have disliked Blondie since the first time I heard her sing. And I'll never forgive her for Rapture, which is pure shit. On the other hand I used to dislike Miley Cyrus but she has been sounding better over the last few years or so. So when I saw this cover pop up on Youtube I gave it a shot. I like it more than the original:

Never been a fan but, surprisingly, I’ve found that I like a lot of her covers. She does a great job with Dolly Parton’s, “Jolene” and Melanie’s, “Look What They’ve Done to My Song.” I’ve come to begrudgingly respect her talent based on her covers alone.
[Reply]
eDave 06:14 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by penchief:
Never been a fan but, surprisingly, I’ve found that I like a lot of her covers. She does a great job with Dolly Parton’s, “Jolene” and Melanie’s, “Look What They’ve Done to My Song.” I’ve come to begrudgingly respect her talent based on her covers alone.
She just did a bunch of covers for CBS/NCAA. She was great. You'll get your jerkoff naysayers but doubting the talent is a jerkoff thing to do and rooted in deep inset jealousies.
[Reply]
penchief 06:26 PM 04-03-2021
Here are both songs.

[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:26 PM 04-03-2021
Her Debbie Harry wasn't that bad.
Her Nicks,Mercury and Randy Bachman not so much.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:42 PM 04-03-2021
Pet Shop Boys' version of Always on my Mind
[Reply]
srvy 08:12 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
She just did a bunch of covers for CBS/NCAA. She was great. You'll get your jerkoff naysayers but doubting the talent is a jerkoff thing to do and rooted in deep inset jealousies.
https://media.tenor.com/images/29978...3546/tenor.gif
[Reply]
srvy 08:14 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:19 AM 04-04-2021
Honestly I haven’t heard one of her songs since party in the USA or whatever.

I did like the Jolene cover. And this cover was really good.

She was on Rogans podcast awhile back, and while she’s fucking cookoo, she does seem to have found a way to be comfortable being who she is. It might be a thing like Gaga, who is really fucking talented but makes pop music for the masses rather than inspired art.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:30 AM 04-04-2021

[Reply]
penguinz 09:12 AM 04-04-2021
Any cover of a Rolling Stones or Rush song is better than the original.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:13 AM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Honestly I haven’t heard one of her songs since party in the USA or whatever.

I did like the Jolene cover. And this cover was really good.

She was on Rogans podcast awhile back, and while she’s ****ing cookoo, she does seem to have found a way to be comfortable being who she is. It might be a thing like Gaga, who is really ****ing talented but makes pop music for the masses rather than inspired art.
Her cover of Jolene was horrendous. Absolutely no emotion in it.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:07 AM 04-04-2021
https://youtu.be/MUKVDZA78Ss
[Reply]
penchief 10:18 AM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Any cover of a Rolling Stones or Rush song is better than the original.
But seriously, I doubt anyone can outdo the Stones covering their songs from the period between Beggar's Banquet and Exile on Main Street. Heck, every single live version on Get Yer Ya Ya's out may have been the best versions recorded.

NOTE: I edited this post to remove the first sentence. It was an ironic comment I made jokingly but so far it has compelled two people to take it seriously. Offending someone in a music thread was not my intent.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 79
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up