Page 117 of 131
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Rambler in Chief
NinerDoug 02:26 PM 12-11-2018
Definition of Incoherence:

in·co·her·ence
[ˈˌinkōˈhirəns, ˈˌinkōˈherəns, ˈˌiNGkōˈhirəns, ˈˌiNGkōˈherəns]

NOUN
the quality of being illogical, inconsistent, or unclear.
"difficult questions that expose the incoherence of their policy" · [more]

inability to speak intelligibly.
"she descended into stammering incoherence"

See Donald Trump.

Despite the large Caravans that WERE forming and heading to our Country, people have not been able to get through our newly built Walls, makeshift Walls & Fences, or Border Patrol Officers & Military. They are now staying in Mexico or going back to their original countries.......

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 11, 2018

.....Ice, Border Patrol and our Military have done a FANTASTIC job of securing our Southern Border. A Great Wall would be, however, a far easier & less expensive solution. We have already built large new sections & fully renovated others, making them like new. The Democrats,.....

....however, for strictly political reasons and because they have been pulled so far left, do NOT want Border Security. They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease. Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way.......

.....I look forward to my meeting with Chuck Schumer & Nancy Pelosi. In 2006, Democrats voted for a Wall, and they were right to do so. Today, they no longer want Border Security. They will fight it at all cost, and Nancy must get votes for Speaker. But the Wall will get built...

....People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:51 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
It's called "federalism." It's been our system of government in this country for the last 230 years.
Today - He has no power!

Tomorrow - He has too much power!

:-) which one is it?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:53 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Today - He has no power!

It's whatever you want it to be. FREEDOM of choice.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 04:59 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Today - He has no power!

As far as I know, no one is saying he has too much or too little.

Essentially:

1. Local jurisdictions began "lockdowns."

2. States then followed suit.

3. Various people called for a "national lockdown."

4. Trump declined.

5. If Trump had actually done a national lockdown, following the state and local lockdowns that happened, he would, of course, be able to lift his national lockdown order.

6. However, if he had done a national lockdown, and then lifted his national lockdown order, the state lockdowns would remain in place, until lifted by the states that enacted them.

That's federalism. We don't have top-down government in this country. We have two independent systems of government. The president doesn't control state governments. If he did, you wouldn't have this whole "sanctuary state, sanctuary city" debate. He would just order states and cities to cooperate with ICE. He can't. Because our Constitution isn't set up that way.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:49 PM 04-20-2020
As far as I know, no one is saying he has too much or too little.

Essentially:

1. Local jurisdictions began "lockdowns."

2. States then followed suit.

3. Various people called for a "national lockdown."

4. Trump declined.

5. If Trump had actually done a national lockdown, following the state and local lockdowns that happened, he would, of course, be able to lift his national lockdown order.

6. However, if he had done a national lockdown, and then lifted his national lockdown order, the state lockdowns would remain in place, until lifted by the states that enacted them.

That's federalism. We don't have top-down government in this country. We have two independent systems of government. The president doesn't control state governments. If he did, you wouldn't have this whole "sanctuary state, sanctuary city" debate. He would just order states and cities to cooperate with ICE. He can't. Because our Constitution isn't set up that way.
It's pretty simple--Trump punted on everything. From leading on restrictions to assisting with supplies.

Then decided to flex by announcing he was in charge all along, "allowing" the restrictions and declaring the power to lift them.

Then he figured out he'd be blamed for lifting too early, so he tucked tail on that while he watched various governors get protested for the restrictions he claimed to have power over.

He's the biggest loudmouth pussy we've ever seen, just ahead of his followers, who refuse to criticize him for any of it.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:03 AM 04-21-2020
The Ramble is strong in this one!

96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Thank you! This must also mean that, most importantly, we are doing a good (great) job in the handling of the Pandemic.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 21, 2020

I’ve had great “ratings” my whole life, there’s nothing unusual about that for me. The White House News Conference ratings are “through the roof”(Monday Night Football, Bachelor Finale , @nytimes) but I don’t care about that. I care about going around the Fake News to the PEOPLE!

It is amazing that I became President of the United States with such a totally corrupt and dishonest Lamestream Media going after me all day, and all night. Either I’m really good, far better than the Fake News wants to admit, or they don’t have nearly the power as once thought!

[Reply]
Donger 11:07 AM 04-21-2020
Mentions (again) his great ratings, and then says that he doesn't care about that...

:-)

He's so transparent and pathetic.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:23 AM 04-21-2020
He really is. Hard to get upset anymore since he has normalized this foolishness.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:29 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Mentions (again) his great ratings, and then says that he doesn't care about that...

He's so transparent and pathetic.
pathetic
[pəˈTHedik]

ADJECTIVE

arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.
"she looked so pathetic that I bent down to comfort her" ·

synonyms:
pitiful · pitiable · piteous · to be pitied · moving · touching · poignant ·
miserably inadequate; of very low standard.

"he's a pathetic excuse for a man" ·
synonyms:
feeble · woeful · sorry · poor · pitiful · lamentable · deplorable ·

archaic
relating to the emotions

See: Donald J. Trump
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:31 AM 04-21-2020
One of my favorite things to read is a verbatim transcript of his answers to reporters' questions. I would spend more time doing them myself if I could. They're hilarious.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:58 AM 04-21-2020
The Ramble is strong in this one!

So sad and just pathetic, but I find it bizarre that he's so obsessed with the Bachelor season finale:-).

Edit: I thought he was obsessed with the Bachelor ratings, but he says right there that he doesn't care about it. My bad.
[Reply]
eDave 12:01 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
So sad and just pathetic, but I find it bizarre that he's so obsessed with the Bachelor season finale:-).
I imagine a large contingent of his base loves the Bachelor.

"He's just like me! I love him!"

Goofballs.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:01 PM 04-21-2020
He’s got all of you talking about him. He wins.
[Reply]
Donger 12:03 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So, when the dog shits in the house and you mention it, that's a win for the dog?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:06 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So, I guess he could ensure his reelection by stripping naked and running around on the White House lawn.

I mean, that would really get people talking about him to an even greater extent, if that's possible.
[Reply]
eDave 05:27 PM 04-22-2020
"We're taking very special care of our nursing homes and our seniors, other than me. Nobody wants to take care of me."

[Reply]
Page 117 of 131
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Up