Page 106 of 131
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Rambler in Chief
NinerDoug 02:26 PM 12-11-2018
Definition of Incoherence:

in·co·her·ence
[ˈˌinkōˈhirəns, ˈˌinkōˈherəns, ˈˌiNGkōˈhirəns, ˈˌiNGkōˈherəns]

NOUN
the quality of being illogical, inconsistent, or unclear.
"difficult questions that expose the incoherence of their policy" · [more]

inability to speak intelligibly.
"she descended into stammering incoherence"

See Donald Trump.

Despite the large Caravans that WERE forming and heading to our Country, people have not been able to get through our newly built Walls, makeshift Walls & Fences, or Border Patrol Officers & Military. They are now staying in Mexico or going back to their original countries.......

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 11, 2018

.....Ice, Border Patrol and our Military have done a FANTASTIC job of securing our Southern Border. A Great Wall would be, however, a far easier & less expensive solution. We have already built large new sections & fully renovated others, making them like new. The Democrats,.....

....however, for strictly political reasons and because they have been pulled so far left, do NOT want Border Security. They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease. Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way.......

.....I look forward to my meeting with Chuck Schumer & Nancy Pelosi. In 2006, Democrats voted for a Wall, and they were right to do so. Today, they no longer want Border Security. They will fight it at all cost, and Nancy must get votes for Speaker. But the Wall will get built...

....People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:21 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
It's a red ball cap nowadays.
with a KC arrowhead on it!
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:21 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I suspect you're forgetting all the damage Barry was doing.
Damage like, 9/11 for example? Or maybe the Great Recession?

Oh wait, that happened under W. Nevermind.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:22 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
This is the greatest country ever conceived.
and TRILLIONS in debt. It was before Woodrow Wilson gave it away.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:35 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Mr. Lee as I have often said I enjoy reading your posts and responding to what you say. So when you join the "is he a troll" posse lead by people like JPB, it really rubs me the wrong way. I've been lurking this board since I was I was 21, and joined when my frustration with Matt Cassel could no longer be contained to my brain. I am here to talk politics out of good faith because it's fun. I try to keep my "troll posts" contained mostly to non-sense threads like this, where I normally prefer to use facts and sources for most of my claims (which I feel I do a good majority of the time). I'm not on here to be a troll or a gotcha person, and I definitely dont try to dehumanize people I 100% disagree with unless you have capitulated my patience boat like one person here.
1. I'm not joining a posse. I'm calling trolling I observe.
2. Get that it's tough to convey intonation and inflection, but it's weird that you admit you were trolling, but it really rubs you wrong for someone to observe it.
3. I've been pretty well restrained in distinguishing between INSTANCES of trolling behavior and accusing you of being a FULL TIME troll. And I've even cautioned you, in I hope a friendly way, when you persist in a negative direction. Specifically here, I said that was a trolling post, not that you were a troll.
4. You still have problem where you assert strong stances with nebulous rationales. Then you follow them with these, . . . shall we call them outbursts. And this makes it difficult to differentiate whether you are making a dead-serious point that is ridiculous, or a ridiculous point that is purposefully provocative.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:36 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:

While not all that keen on rehashing the entirety of the past 20 years of national history, do you see no distinction whatsoever between doing damage and damage happening? Active versus passive verbs?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:41 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
1. I'm not joining a posse. I'm calling trolling I observe.
2. Get that it's tough to convey intonation and inflection, but it's weird that you admit you were trolling, but it really rubs you wrong for someone to observe it.
3. I've been pretty well restrained in distinguishing between INSTANCES of trolling behavior and accusing you of being a FULL TIME troll. And I've even cautioned you, in I hope a friendly way, when you persist in a negative direction. Specifically here, I said that was a trolling post, not that you were a troll.
4. You still have problem where you assert strong stances with nebulous rationales. Then you follow them with these, . . . shall we call them outbursts. And this makes it difficult to differentiate whether you are making a dead-serious point that is ridiculous, or a ridiculous point that is purposefully provocative.
Which begs the question: why call it out to begin with when it's obvious. If we go around and flag every troll post from every person this place would be insufferable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:42 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Which begs the question: why call it out to begin with when it's obvious. If we go around and flag every troll post from every person this place would be insufferable.
Are you REALLY going to make me go back and dig up your indignant 'I never troll. Don't besmirch my good name' rant?

And also, even allowing that it should somehow have been obvious to all that this was an 'obvious troll post' how are we supposed to differentiate?

I'm being completely serious here. I think you are more assured of the distinction between the serious things you say and the kooky things you say.

For instance, this post at question, that Trump somehow thinks America is awful is, perhaps in other hands, a ridiculous but persistent line of SERIOUS advocacy on the left. Many people have been passionately driven for years by the notion that MAGA is supposed to stand for something where all of his supporters think that we need to return to slavery and segregation and Jim Crowe in order to return to greatness. Me labelling it trolling is giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't that far gone, but it also leaves the question open whether you are and offers you an opportunity to reassure that you aren't.

One might be more well occupied to be concerned that people take your instances of trolling at face value than someone pointing it out when they think they see them.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:45 AM 03-04-2020
Are you REALLY going to make me go back and dig up your indignant 'I never troll. Don't besmirch my good name' rant?
I would imagine it was in response to me posting something you all disagreed with and then getting called a troll. I am not going to stop you, because I am fairly confident of that conclusion.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:51 AM 03-04-2020
While not all that keen on rehashing the entirety of the past 20 years of national history, do you see no distinction whatsoever between doing damage and damage happening? Active versus passive verbs?
Of course.

But 20 Saudi terrorists hijacking four airliners and flying them into various American landmark buildings is a national security issue. It's one of the things the federal government is charge of preventing.

Maybe someone in the federal government might also take a look at what's happening with lending and mortgage backed securities, and see if some action might be in order.

But yeah, there is a distinction between doing damage and allowing others to do damage.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:02 PM 03-04-2020

And also, even allowing that it should somehow have been obvious to all that this was an 'obvious troll post' how are we supposed to differentiate?

I'm being completely serious here. I think you are more assured of the distinction between the serious things you say and the kooky things you say.

For instance, this post at question, that Trump somehow thinks America is awful is, perhaps in other hands, a ridiculous but persistent line of SERIOUS advocacy on the left. Many people have been passionately driven for years by the notion that MAGA is supposed to stand for something where all of his supporters think that we need to return to slavery and segregation and Jim Crowe in order to return to greatness. Me labelling it trolling is giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't that far gone, but it also leaves the question open whether you are and offers you an opportunity to reassure that you aren't.

One might be more well occupied to be concerned that people take your instances of trolling at face value than someone pointing it out when they think they see them.
I understand what you are saying, and I don't necessarily equate MAGAdom to mean a return to slavery (I do have great disdain for disciples of demagogues of politics like Trump and Bernie). My post was pointing out simply if America is not great after his 3 years, then what the hell has he been doing?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:13 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:

^^^ Clinging ^^^
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:06 PM 03-05-2020
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...th-rate-121892

President Donald Trump on Wednesday night spun a web of theories minimizing the coronavirus' threat to Americans, accusing the World Health Organization of dispensing inaccurate facts about the outbreak and suggesting that those with the disease could be safe going to work.

During expansive remarks on Fox News host Sean Hannity's program, the president continued to break with public health officials' more dire messaging regarding the international crisis and forcefully contradicted the WHO, which earlier in the week pegged the global mortality rate for the coronavirus at 3.4 percent.

"Well, I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild. They'll get better very rapidly. They don't even see a doctor. They don't even call a doctor," Trump said.

"You never hear about those people. So you can't put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and — or virus. So you just can't do that," he continued. "So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work but they get better."

The president's comments came after the House of Representatives approved Wednesday an $8.3 billion emergency spending package to tackle the burgeoning disaster, and as California reported the 11th coronavirus death in the U.S., the first fatality outside of Washington state. But that cost to human life did not align with the WHO's statistics, the president argued.

"When you do have a death — like you had in the state of Washington, like you had one in California, believe you had one in New York — you know, all of a sudden, it seems like 3 or 4 percent, which is a very high number, as opposed to a fraction of 1 percent," Trump told Hannity. Although 11 cases have been reported in New York, no deaths in the state have been officially attributed to the coronavirus.

"But again, they don't know about the easy cases because the easy cases don't go to the hospital. They don't report to doctors or the hospital, in many cases," Trump said. "So I think that that number is very high. I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1 percent."

On Thursday morning, the president pushed back against media coverage of his interview, insisting that "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."

"This is just more Fake News and disinformation put out by the Democrats, in particular MSDNC," he wrote on Twitter. "Comcast covers the CoronaVirus situation horribly, only looking to do harm to the incredible & successful effort being made!"
[Reply]
Fish 12:48 PM 03-05-2020
:-)JFC......

Originally Posted by Trump:
"Well, I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, and this is just my hunch

I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1 percent."

[Reply]
Donger 11:26 AM 03-09-2020

Who knows what this means, but it sounds good to me! https://t.co/rQVA4ER0PV

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 8, 2020

[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:38 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)

Is it possible that no one around him has told him what that is trying to say? I mean, seriously?

I'm sure if called on it, he will just try to play it off as a "joke"...holy crap.

And, FWIW it is STILL on his Twitter Feed... :-)

Ah, screw it....it's funny; just not in the way HE thinks.... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 106 of 131
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up