ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 31
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F-
dirk digler 10:33 AM 02-28-2024
I don't get this.

The @NFLPA just released their player team report cards for 2024 and the results are ... suboptimal for the Chiefs.

Head coach Andy Reid gets A+ but Chiefs rank dead last in training staff and ownership. Ownership gets an F- from the players. pic.twitter.com/2XyHkQfFru

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Louis Riddick on ESPN today said that as the Chiefs spent a week in Las Vegas during the Super Bowl practicing in the Raiders facility, the players were floored at how much better it was than the Chiefs practice facility… which Riddick described as high school caliber.

Louis Riddick is very close with Andy/Veach so you know he is not just speaking off the cuff with those comments.
Apparently it's a running joke an NFL guy, Jason Cole, was on a show I heard driving home from work and he said "oh I've been there those facilities are hot garbage"
[Reply]
srvy 12:10 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Apparently it's a running joke an NFL guy, Jason Cole, was on a show I heard driving home from work and he said "oh I've been there those facilities are hot garbage"
If I was this guy I'd worry more about the hot garbage he is shoveling down his gullet.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:18 PM 02-29-2024
I Dont Care Tommy Lee Jones GIFfrom I Dont Care GIFs

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:22 PM 02-29-2024

Clark Hunt surprising the @Chiefs after back to back Super Bowls pic.twitter.com/ULJGGV58B5

— KCKarlM alone (@callmemrfresh1) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
jettio 12:36 PM 02-29-2024
The wild thing about the NFLPA is how they do the annual piss and moan about artificial turf, but when we have the NFL combine and upcoming free agency, the teams that play on turf are never described as a place a player would not want to play for because their home field playing surface.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If some have it and others don’t, is it not fair to grade those who don’t less favorably?

That’s just his opinion, though.

I’d bet the package of amenities and facilities does play a factor into many players’ decision making.
Bullshit :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 02-29-2024
i hope the chiefs downgrade the practice facility locker room

the players shouldn't want to spend time in there - you have better things to do than powder your jockstrap

next thing you know they'll want recliners in the meeting rooms
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:06 PM 02-29-2024
You're telling me someone is turning down more money over a fucking practice facility ��

They have no control where they are drafted and FA decisions are based on how much money they get....PERIOD. I've also never heard of a trade blocked over it either :-) "home town discounts " and "caring about practice facilities " simply don't exist in any imactful way
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:08 PM 02-29-2024
Hmm so maybe THAT is what happened with HUGH DOUGLAS
[Reply]
Fish 01:13 PM 02-29-2024

[Reply]
Mecca 01:17 PM 02-29-2024

Clark Hunt looking at the Chiefs players after he was rated an F. pic.twitter.com/nPGLpDuwrF

— jane doe (@miss_janedoe) February 29, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
You're telling me someone is turning down more money over a fucking practice facility ��

They have no control where they are drafted and FA decisions are based on how much money they get....PERIOD. I've also never heard of a trade blocked over it either :-) "home town discounts " and "caring about practice facilities " simply don't exist in any imactful way
One of the most frustrating things we learned in hiring attorneys and managers (theoretically people who would be good big picture thinkers) was that the bottom line didn't matter much to most people.

They cared about salary.

Car, bonuses, annual profit distributions, gold plated healthcare - didn't matter. We were losing folks to higher salaries that actually offered less total compensation over a 12 month timeline.

So we stopped. Just said 'screw it - let them come to us after a couple years and ask for some of that stuff. If it's salary that gets them to yes, change the salary and make the rest of it worse...'

It ended up 1-2% cheaper for us to just pay higher salaries with lesser benefits. And in so doing, we had better success getting people hired. It just wasn't worth the headache to swim upstream anymore so we didn't.

The vast vast VAST majority of people make that choice on salary. The rest of it is something that may impact job satisfaction and retention later on down the road. But to get people in the door, it was salary that mattered and I don't suspect football players are much different.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:07 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't think many realize the Chiefs have some of the lowest, if not the lowest season ticket prices in the NFL, especially when you take into account they have no Personal Seat License like many in the NFL. People complain about Clark's spending, but the gameday experience at Arrowhead is much less than many places.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:10 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I don't think many realize the Chiefs have some of the lowest, if not the lowest season ticket prices in the NFL, especially when you take into account they have no Personal Seat License like many in the NFL. People complain about Clark's spending, but the gameday experience at Arrowhead is much less than many places.
Leading the NFL in ticket costs is the Las Vegas Raiders, which has an average cost of $582 per ticket. Behind the Raiders are the Super Bowl 57 contestants: the Kansas City Chiefs at $578 and Philadelphia Eagles at $559. Here are the five highest ticket averages:

Las Vegas Raiders: $582
Kansas City Chiefs: $578
Philadelphia Eagles: $559
Dallas Cowboys: $545
New England Patriots: $534
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:11 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I'm sure that's why Clark is poor mouthing. Low season ticket prices.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 31
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up