ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Puddles Pity Party Thursday at Folly Theater
gblowfish 12:59 PM 10-08-2018
I bought tickets to this months ago. I've got front row in the balcony. This guy is amazing. Too bad he had to put on a clown suit to get people to notice his talent.

http://www.puddlespityparty.com/
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:44 AM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I bought tickets to this months ago. I've got front row in the balcony. This guy is amazing. Too bad he had to put on a clown suit to get people to notice his talent.

http://www.puddlespityparty.com/
I had never heard of him, great voice. I see he made it pretty far on Americas Got Talent, wonder if he would had won if he didn't have to wear a clown suit. I would defiantly pay for that show. Thanks for the post!
[Reply]
carcosa 08:48 AM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I would defiantly pay for that show.
Who would you defy?
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:13 AM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I had never heard of him, great voice. I see he made it pretty far on Americas Got Talent, wonder if he would had won if he didn't have to wear a clown suit. I would defiantly pay for that show. Thanks for the post!
The Folly is a great venue. Very intimate. I'm really looking forward to the show. Dude has big talent. And dude is big. He's nearly 7 feet tall!
[Reply]
srvy 07:13 PM 10-09-2018
I bet that will be a great show. I first saw PPP on AGT and kinda had a laugh then he started singing and my laughing ended. I then followed on youtube and looked forward to new covers. I am a fan and look forward to the day he doesnt have to play the clown.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:19 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I bet that will be a great show. I first saw PPP on AGT and kinda had a laugh then he started singing and my laughing ended. I then followed on youtube and looked forward to new covers. I am a fan and look forward to the day he doesnt have to play the clown.
He's got a good voice, but would he be interesting without the clown suit? Or would he just be a cover band with a good voice? Does he have any original material that makes anyone think he's more than a gimmick who can sing well?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:09 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He's got a good voice, but would he be interesting without the clown suit? Or would he just be a cover band with a good voice? Does he have any original material that makes anyone think he's more than a gimmick who can sing well?
^
Really. I don't watch AGT, but I just checked the link in the OP. This dude's voice is a dime a dozen. I have no idea why anyone thinks him wearing a clown suit makes it any better. It just makes it wierd. I mean, yeah, the guy can carry a tune. So can a lot of people. Nothing special about the voice, not doing original music. Why the fuck should I care?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
^
Really. I don't watch AGT, but I just checked the link in the OP. This dude's voice is a dime a dozen. I have no idea why anyone thinks him wearing a clown suit makes it any better. It just makes it wierd. I mean, yeah, the guy can carry a tune. So can a lot of people. Nothing special about the voice, not doing original music. Why the **** should I care?
@ GuitarCenter.

Seriously, though, I tend to agree. However, the aesthetic of the clown suit and back up band make the performances. I wouldn't go to see it, but I get the appeal.
[Reply]
Monkey God 03:12 PM 10-11-2018
Besides America's Got Talent...one of his early appearances was with Post Modern Jukebox. BTW they are in town this weekend at JCCC.
[Reply]
srvy 06:50 PM 10-17-2018
Hey George look who beat Puddles to the pity party.

How was the show by the way?
[Reply]
listopencil 12:38 PM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
^
Really. I don't watch AGT, but I just checked the link in the OP. This dude's voice is a dime a dozen. I have no idea why anyone thinks him wearing a clown suit makes it any better. It just makes it wierd. I mean, yeah, the guy can carry a tune. So can a lot of people. Nothing special about the voice, not doing original music. Why the fuck should I care?

You should check out more of his stuff. He has a Youtube channel:

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:36 PM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
Besides America's Got Talent...one of his early appearances was with Post Modern Jukebox. BTW they are in town this weekend at JCCC.
So I first stumbled across him from Haley Reinhart links on PMJ. He has a duet of Mad World with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVevvbFNKiY

(Haley Reinhart's seven nation army and black hole sun on PMJ are both really good covers.)

I like some of his covers. Not sure that I would make a huge effort to see him live. His cover of Bowie's Space Oddity is interesting.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:30 PM 10-18-2018
I've seen him twice - once in Denver a year or so ago and once in Fort Collins this past Thursday. It's a bizarre show, but it's a lot of fun, and his voice is legit. Enjoy.
[Reply]
srvy 09:33 PM 10-18-2018
I honestly dont know if he writes I do know he has friends that do and he covers their songs. I do believe you can be an artist and not write interpretation has a lot to do with it.

It would be interesting to see him give it a go without the clown suit but at this point there probably no going back. Nobody really wants to see Kiss or Alice Cooper out of makeup.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:05 PM 10-18-2018
You can find clips of his old band on YouTube. Here's one.

But really, I think the answer is that it's a gimmick. But he can blow for sure.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up