ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 431 of 4879
« First < 331381421427428429430431 4324334344354414815319311431 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Wildcat2005 02:19 PM 08-12-2016
Denver still owns the NFL record of most consecutive division road wins, I think at 13

That "pile high" air travels well apparently
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:21 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
So..you are inadvertently admitting that the thin air is an advantage that no one else in the NFL has...but definitely has nothing to do with why there is a disproportionate, decades long, winning home field record...while all the other 31 are lumped closer together, statistically.

Gotcha....another classic spin-job by a Donko.

The next thing you'll try to sell me..is that your owner needed Elway to pay for his stadium.
Here's an article from 2014, posts data from 1990. Enjoy

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx

What's that? Only 4 more than the Chiefs and overall, Denver is 4th? Sorry, you were spewing your ignorance again. Please continue.

Blacktop - please try to dispute those stats.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:23 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Wildcat2005:
Denver still owns the NFL record of most consecutive division road wins, I think at 13

Apparently.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 02:41 PM 08-12-2016
One reason that Denver has a good home field is that the division has been full of garbage football teams for years. Seattle, KC for a long time, Chargers and My Raiders have been junk since 02. Very similar to how the Pats have an awesome home record too is their division has been garbage.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 03:37 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I've never denied the effects of playing a mile above sea level. I laugh at the notion that is why they consistently win.
"There are real physiological and therefore psychological advantages to the team that plays at altitude," says Randy Wilber, a senior physiologist at the U.S. Olympic Committee's lab in Colorado Springs and a longtime expert in high-elevation training. "If the talent on the field is equal, I'd put my money on the team that plays at altitude."
[Reply]
CrossCheck 03:42 PM 08-12-2016
Broncos Rookies Exhausted By High Altitude During Camp

That’s because those who have never played in high altitude are learning that being in shape is one thing but being in shape to play one mile above sea level is a whole other thing.

“I’m tired as hell. Today I was running around a lot and I was gasping for air. You know, but that’s good I’m going through this now because by the time camp comes around I’ll be adapted to it and that’s an advantage for us during the season that we’re going to be more conditioned than everybody else,” said Rookie Cornerback Bradley Roby.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:04 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:
Broncos Rookies Exhausted By High Altitude During Camp

That’s because those who have never played in high altitude are learning that being in shape is one thing but being in shape to play one mile above sea level is a whole other thing.

“I’m tired as hell. Today I was running around a lot and I was gasping for air. You know, but that’s good I’m going through this now because by the time camp comes around I’ll be adapted to it and that’s an advantage for us during the season that we’re going to be more conditioned than everybody else,” said Rookie Cornerback Bradley Roby.
Never have doubted there are short term issues. Look at the data on the link I shared below. Since 1990, Denver ranks 4th in most home wins and has only 4 more than KC in Arrowhead. That's 24 years of data... so are you and Blacktop really bitching about a team with the 4th best home winning percentage?
[Reply]
threebag 05:06 PM 08-12-2016
Imagine if the Donks had the kick ass fans the CHIEFS have at ARROWHEAD...
[Reply]
vailpass 05:38 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh look...another dirty donkey doing dirty donkey things. I'm so surprised :-)

NFL suspended Broncos S Shiloh Keo two games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Keo was arrested for DUI last February and pleaded guilty in early July. He is a core special teams player for Denver and a useful reserve safety.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6655/shiloh-keo
Any word on if the light pole survived?
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:46 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
What History? If you don't mind me asking....
:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:50 PM 08-12-2016
I lived in Colorado Springs for 6 months...20+ years ago. It took a full week before I could walk up a simple flight of stairs without getting light-headed. This is an advantage that no other team has...I dont care how Donko fans want to rationalize it. It's real...I've lived it.

It goes hand-in-hand with the disproportionate home record over the past 30 years. It's far better than any other team..it's why they hover around .500 even when they arent very good.

I wondered, back in the Schottenheimer years...why they didn't just move practice to Colorado for the week. Let the team get acclimated to the thin air...

It must be nice to have a natural occurring drug...that makes every member of the visiting team prematurely tired.
My god, you must of been a complete fatass. Hopefully you lost some weight, then moved away.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:52 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Wildcat2005:

ThIs really isn't that impressive
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:46 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
My god, you must of been a complete fatass. Hopefully you lost some weight, then moved away.
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:08 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Here's an article from 2014, posts data from 1990. Enjoy

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx

What's that? Only 4 more than the Chiefs and overall, Denver is 4th? Sorry, you were spewing your ignorance again. Please continue.

Blacktop - please try to dispute those stats.
Nice try Dingleberry....now who's spewing ignorance?

5. Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver Broncos

Denver has the NFL's best home winning percentage going back 30 years, at .700.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...advantage-no-5
[Reply]
CrossCheck 07:50 PM 08-12-2016
Nice try Dingleberry....now who's spewing ignorance?

5. Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver Broncos

Denver has the NFL's best home winning percentage going back 30 years, at .700.

kinda explains why Elway had so many 4th quarter comebacks, DB's were spent.
[Reply]
Page 431 of 4879
« First < 331381421427428429430431 4324334344354414815319311431 > Last »
Up