ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Curious Case of Ilhan Omar
HonestChieffan 05:01 AM 06-11-2018
We shouldn't really be surprised.


In early August, 33-year-old Ilhan Omar became an overnight sensation in Minnesota politics. Her primary victory over 22-term incumbent Phyllis Kahn secured the Minnesota Democratic Farmer Labor Party (DFL) endorsement of Omarís candidacy to represent House District 60B in the state legislature.

Minneapolisís Star Tribune trumpeted Omarís victory in a huge headline on its front page, proclaiming that the Somali immigrantís victory had ďmade history.Ē The paper followed up with two more retrospective stories admiring Omarís triumph.

Omarís victory shouldnít have come as a surprise. She campaigned hard in the district, which includes the heart of the Cedar Riverside area now known as Little Mogadishu. Omarís third DFL primary opponent was Somali, as is her Republican challenger (who has since suspended his campaign). The Star Tribune nonetheless portrayed the win as a remarkable accomplishment, not only because Omar defeated Kahn, who is tied for the longest-serving legislator in state history, but also because of Omarís background. She spent time in a Kenyan refugee camp before settling in the Twin Cities in the late 1990s.

As many candidates do, Omar has made her personal background an integral part of her campaign. But neither the candidate nor the reporters who covered her have shown much interest in exploring one aspect of her personal story that recently came to public attention: the fact that she is not legally married to the man she advertises as the husband and the father of her three children.

In fact, she is legally married to another manówho may be her brother. A posting on the SomaliSpot discussion board alleged that Omar had married the man touted as her husband in 2002 before marrying her brother for fraudulent purposes in 2009. The post, which seems to have been written by someone from Minneapolisís Somali community, was quickly deleted. By the time it came to my attention, the post was only available via a Google cache (now also deleted). If the story is true, however, it suggests that Omar had engaged in some kind of dishonest activity in connection with her marriage to her brother (which by itself would be illegal).

(long story at https://www.city-journal.org/html/cu...mar-14724.html)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:47 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I'm not sure that she can.
What makes you say that?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:24 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What makes you say that?
I'm not familiar with Somalia's laws regarding speech.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:29 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I'm not familiar with Somalia's laws regarding speech.
Google?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:43 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Google?
Not that interested really. I live here a she does too. That's all that really matters. Just like you like your FREEDOM of SPEECH here on CP. Not into mods. But I think you might be.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:59 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Not that interested really. I live here a she does too.
For the moment.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:00 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
For the moment.
She's not going anywhere
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:06 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
She's not going anywhere
Ain't that the truth! I'd say her career's about all but fucked at this point, and we can do row 32 plot B in America just as well as any other country I suppose...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:54 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Not that interested really. I live here a she does too. That's all that really matters. Just like you like your FREEDOM of SPEECH here on CP. Not into mods. But I think you might be.
Well, if she lives here, and the Dems aren't pussies, she should be subject to an investigation into her life since moving here, right? Because she's "here" she's not above the law, right?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:29 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well, if she lives here, and the Dems aren't pussies, she should be subject to an investigation into her life since moving here, right? Because she's "here" she's not above the law, right?
Yes. I already said that. I'm just for her right and yours to have the FREEDOM OF SPEECH. So what if it hurt TRUMP'S feelings, like he has any.:-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:49 AM 07-26-2019
Somalia, the peace loving industrious country. Hardly any crime. Equality rules for all in all that great nation.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:52 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
F that. She can say what ever she wants, just like you. Get it?
Does that go for the Commander in Chief?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:56 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Does that go for the Commander in Chief?
Of course. TRUMP uses his FREEDOM of SPEECH to the 33rd degree
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:10 AM 07-26-2019
We speak out to defend the American Constitution, the American culture, and the American border.

She speaks out to destroy and dismantle all three.

One of us is a traitor and is practicing open treason. Would anyone care to venture a logical guess as to which party this may be?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:14 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Yes. I already said that. I'm just for her right and yours to have the FREEDOM OF SPEECH. So what if it hurt TRUMP'S feelings, like he has any.:-)
Well our President Trump has never said anything that was actually racist (it's just that the left claims everything he says, even his fart, are "racist") or sexist, so he shouldn't feel bad about that. Omar and he band of idiot women have a long history of saying actual racist and sexist things.
[Reply]
Munson 12:43 PM 07-26-2019

BREAKING: Ilhan Omar SPLITS with her husband as she heads for SECOND divorce with father of her three children

"The bust-up comes just as critics are demanding answers as to whether she married her own brother in a successful bid to get him into the U.S."https://t.co/WRnYSYfm4e

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) July 26, 2019


[Reply]
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up