ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are today’s Chargers what it was like to play against Marty’s Chiefs?
Chiefspants 06:06 PM 09-20-2020
Incredible D line, stout fundamentals (outside of 98), can slow down even the best offenses.

And yet... a refusal to take gambles and a dagger loss in the 4th/OT

Wildly enough, this is the 4th game in a row Bradley has slowed us down. He is a stout defensive mind, and now that we can’t count on Rivers to toss multiple dumbass picks to keep us in the lead, they might be a stout rival.

...but we know how that formula ends 99 times out of 100.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:47 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
One too few. They should have done it in overtime.
Agreed. Watching Marty in the playoffs was baffling. Random 4th and 6th from the 50? Time for a fake punt.

4th and 1 from the 30? Time to kick.

Really no excuse for LA to not go for it in OT. You can not willingly give it back to Pat in OT no matter how good your D is.
[Reply]
Coach 06:49 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Agreed. Watching Marty in the playoffs was baffling. Random 4th and 6th from the 50? Time for a fake punt.

4th and 1 from the 30? Time to kick.

Really no excuse for LA to not for it in OT. You can not willingly give it back to Pat in OT no matter how good your D is.
Yeah, I would have gone for it on 4th and 1 at the 30. If I get it, great it extends the drive. If not, oh well, it wouldn't make any difference if I punted or went for it and failed, because of the Chiefs offense is just very difficult to contain on a consistent basis.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:19 PM 09-20-2020
you keep saying this, but no
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:31 PM 09-20-2020
I don't know if that's a fair comparison because Marty no way in Hades starts a rookie QB in his actual first start just 15 minutes prior against the defending SB champs who have an ALL WORLD GOAT QB. Marty still goes with Brock Huard off the bench. But I get your point.

But when you really think about it, Mahomes damn near got beat by a rookie QB in his first start with very little or no 1st team reps notified of his starting just 15 minutes prior to the start of the game and you know Mahomes was thinking about this and it definitely motivated him for sure I assure you.:-)

I think the Chiefs came in flat and when they found out the rookie was starting at QB they became even more flat. And you could definitely tell our o-line underestimated SD's defense for sure.

Just imagine IF James had played today.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:43 PM 09-20-2020
No, they pass too much.

But it showed something I said at halftime in the game thread. Lead in yards and time of possession but don't score points and you're in trouble.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:13 PM 09-20-2020
Punting in OT was the right move, probably, by the percentages. But the point is well taken, their defense kept them in the game when their offense did very little throughout, but your defense can’t keep giving you stops forever. Eventually you have to go win the game and you can’t keep giving the other team’s offense more chances to beat you. Even when your running game is effective you have to finish drives and convert third downs at the end.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:20 PM 09-20-2020
Schefter tweeted out that if Taylor is healthy he will play. Could just be something you say though.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:21 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Schefter tweeted out that if Taylor is healthy he will play. Could just be something you say though.
Shirley they can’t go back to a journeyman after the kid played pretty well today.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:22 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Punting in OT was the right move, probably, by the percentages. But the point is well taken, their defense kept them in the game when their offense did very little throughout, but your defense can’t keep giving you stops forever. Eventually you have to go win the game and you can’t keep giving the other team’s offense more chances to beat you. Even when your running game is effective you have to finish drives and convert third downs at the end.

By percentages it was about equal but that’s too rigid. Those percentages include data from opponents like the Bears and Bengals. The Chiefs are an outlier offense and should be treated as such by opponents.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:33 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
you keep saying this, but no
Tbh this is probably the highest praise you’ve ever given one of my threads.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:36 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Well IF Lynn goes back to Taylor maybe Chief pants is correct about the Marty comparison:-)
[Reply]
Eureka 09:34 PM 09-20-2020
To be fair Herbert had no reps this week while only learning he was starting right before the game and still looked serviceable.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:43 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
To be fair Herbert had no reps this week while only learning he was starting right before the game and still looked serviceable.
The Chiefs defense had prepared to play the style of ball that comes with Taylor.

They had to throw away their whole defensive game plan from the start and never seemed to really lock in against LA.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:15 AM 09-21-2020
Woof

LAC decided to punt to KC from the LAC 34 on 4th & 1 with 7:57 remaining in OT while tied 20 to 20.

With a Surrender Index of 16.22, this punt ranks at the 99.5th percentile of cowardly punts of the 2020 season, and the 96th percentile of all punts since 2009.

— Surrender Index (@surrender_index) September 20, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 AM 09-21-2020
:-)

On a Chargers forum somewhere, their fans are bemoaning The Second Coming of Marty.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up