ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>LED light bulb failure
Stewie 06:49 PM 09-20-2020
Has anyone had early failure of LED bulbs? Lights of America sold crappy LED bulbs a few years ago. They failed in the first couple of years. The FTC took action.

I bought quality LED bulbs and just had a 2nd failure within one year. These are supposed to last years and years.

Anyone else having issues? Just curious. Maybe I bought a bad batch from a good company.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:04 PM 05-05-2022
I've had a few. Seems to be more of a QC issue than a lifespan issue, as I've had others in the same box that are still working years later.
[Reply]
Stewie 06:44 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've had a few. Seems to be more of a QC issue than a lifespan issue, as I've had others in the same box that are still working years later.
It's a quality problem, for sure. That was kind of my point.

It was a bigger issue when LED bulbs were more expensive.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:42 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
I agree...BUT...the fixtures fail about as often as the bulbs as well. I've had 2 of 5 start strobe-lighting me over the last year. The idea they last for as long as they say is a farce. However...they DO save on energy. Putting a date on the fixtures is a fantastic idea. I think I'll start doing that.
So I have changed out all of my bulbs inside and out with LED bulbs. All have lasted through the years EXCEPT, my kitchen bulbs. They do the disco thing which enrages me! :-) So I keep 2 new ones in my pantry for when the "dance" starts. Basically, I am on the fence on them since 98% of the LED's in my home and out actually have lasted. Crazy!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:49 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Has anyone had an early failure of LED bulbs? Lights of America sold crappy LED bulbs a few years ago. They failed in the first couple of years. The FTC took action.

I bought quality LED bulbs and just had a 2nd failure within one year. These are supposed to last years and years.

Is anyone else having issues? Just curious. Maybe I bought a bad batch from a good company.
Did you know that those expectations are figured in a lab where they have complete control of all elements?
If the conditions are not perfect they do not last nearly as long as they are supposed to last.
If you think it is bad with a bulb don't ever put in an LED fixture. When the fixture quits working you have to replace it and of course, they do not make that same fixture any longer. So you are left with cover-up work to do in order to hide the footprint of the other one.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:09 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Did you know that those expectations are figured in a lab where they have complete control of all elements?
If the conditions are not perfect they do not last nearly as long as they are supposed to last.
If you think it is bad with a bulb don't ever put in an LED fixture. When the fixture quits working you have to replace it and of course, they do not make that same fixture any longer. So you are left with cover-up work to do in order to hide the footprint of the other one.
Yeah, as an engineer,, we used to call prototypes in the lab "Shop Queens". Worked great under controlled environments, but we figured out how to make them work in real world settings.
[Reply]
Snica 09:09 PM 05-05-2022
My led lightbulbs never last more than two years. But hey I'm saving the earth right? Fucking crap.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up