Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mike Danna Thread*****
Dante84 01:37 PM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 08:29 AM 09-25-2023
If something cannot be worked out with Chris then I think the best option is to pivot to Danna and see what you can do to bring him back. He obviously wouldn't cost $30 million. I am not even sure he'd fetch $20 million. I would absolutely look at bringing the guy back for around $15 million in that scenario.

If he gets more then he gets more. Karlaftis, FAU, Danna, Omenihu and a draft pick to pair with Thompson wouldn't be terrible by any means
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This dude is gonna get paid
I'm thinking $10-12 million/season over 3 seasons seems pretty gettable for him at this rate.

I don't think he'll get much beyond that but weird shit happens in FA sometimes. And it's a long season so it remains to be seen if he can stay at this level.

But that's also why PFF can kinda suck my balls most days. I watched the Lions game and came away saying "Hey, Danna played really good football" and PFF comes out and calls him a pile of shit. Then the next two weeks Danna CONTINUES to play really good football.

And I could see that before PFF did.

The guy's taken a step forward. Now it's a question of healthy and staying power. Really cool story though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:20 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If something cannot be worked out with Chris then I think the best option is to pivot to Danna and see what you can do to bring him back. He obviously wouldn't cost $30 million. I am not even sure he'd fetch $20 million. I would absolutely look at bringing the guy back for around $15 million in that scenario.

If he gets more then he gets more. Karlaftis, FAU, Danna, Omenihu and a draft pick to pair with Thompson wouldn't be terrible by any means
My guess is the Chiefs are thinking the same thing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:22 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm thinking $10-12 million/season over 3 seasons seems pretty gettable for him at this rate.

I don't think he'll get much beyond that but weird shit happens in FA sometimes. And it's a long season so it remains to be seen if he can stay at this level.

But that's also why PFF can kinda suck my balls most days. I watched the Lions game and came away saying "Hey, Danna played really good football" and PFF comes out and calls him a pile of shit. Then the next two weeks Danna CONTINUES to play really good football.

And I could see that before PFF did.

The guy's taken a step forward. Now it's a question of healthy and staying power. Really cool story though.
How would you compare a Danna deal to what Carl Granderson just got?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

He's a backup. :-)

Dude is not getting 15 mil
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He's a backup. :-)

Dude is not getting 15 mil
Trey Flowers was drafted by the Patriots and developed by Brendan Daly just like Mike Danna.

He never got 10 sacks but got a 5 year $90 million deal from the Lions
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 AM 09-25-2023
Mike Danna will get a nice contract for some scrubbish team that needs DL help probably something like 4-45 with a solid guarantee.

For the Chiefs you hope you can turn BJ Thompson or Truman Jones into something similar.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up