ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 162
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:09 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Starting to blame Big Rape

That's been going on for weeks. He's been feuding with the OC off and on for a couple months. Same thing happened with Haley. The only OC Ben ever got along with was Arians and that's because it was good for his stats.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:10 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think they lose two of BUF, IND and CLE. If not even all three.
Indy better hope they don't have to rely on Rivers to win the game late.

And Cleveland needs to not be Cleveland for a change.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:24 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Indy better hope they don't have to rely on Rivers to win the game late.

And Cleveland needs to not be Cleveland for a change.
I was surprised to see that Cleveland is one of the worst DVOA rated teams to ever win at their current clip.

Now I think they’re playing better now post-OBJ and I’m sure those numbers are skewed by the blowouts against Pittsburgh and Baltimore, but it did raise my eyebrow a bit.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:30 PM 12-09-2020
That's been going on for weeks. He's been feuding with the OC off and on for a couple months. Same thing happened with Haley. The only OC Ben ever got along with was Arians and that's because it was good for his stats.
Isn't Big Ben well known for being a total dick at this point?
[Reply]
Azide22 09:38 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not only that, but Cleveland is currently two games behind Pittsburgh. If they can beat Baltimore this week there is a distinct possibility their game against Pittsburgh in Week 17 could be for the AFCN.
While I hope this is true in its own way, if that final game against Cleveland matters for Steelers, it won't matter any more for Chiefs - because Chiefs will have sown up the 1 seed.

Pittsburgh has to lose to Cincy or lose its other 2 games before that final game, and Cleveland has to win all of them. I just dont see Cincinnati going to Pittsburgh and winning, and Chiefs would have to fall off the map for that 2nd scenario to affect Chiefs playoff standing.
[Reply]
alanm 10:09 PM 12-09-2020
You honestly think this team underestimates other teams? You have that little faith in Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, and the rest of the team and staff that they'd actually dismiss an opponent as being "beneath" them?

Come on, man.
I don't think that they underestimate teams. But they do have a tendency to come out flat against certain teams. It's like their motivation isn't there at the beginning. Then they find themselves in a hole and have to fight their way out. I wish they would treat every game like it was against the Ravens. But I guess you can't have everything.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:06 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
While I hope this is true in its own way, if that final game against Cleveland matters for Steelers, it won't matter any more for Chiefs - because Chiefs will have sown up the 1 seed.

Pittsburgh has to lose to Cincy or lose its other 2 games before that final game, and Cleveland has to win all of them. I just dont see Cincinnati going to Pittsburgh and winning, and Chiefs would have to fall off the map for that 2nd scenario to affect Chiefs playoff standing.

The game is in Cleveland.

They are:
@Buffalo
@Cincy
Indy
@Cleveland

I think Pitt loses at least two and possibly 3 in that stretch.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:42 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Why does everybody keep thinking that we'll lose to the Saints? They'll either have an old rusty Brees or Taysom Hill at quarterback and we have Mahomes. They beat the Falcons twice and a Broncos team with no quarterback. And we have Mahomes. Pittsburgh can't run the ball and they have a slower older version of checkdown Alex as a quarterback and we have Mahomes. Have I mentioned that we have Mahomes! 15-1 baby!
The Saints may have the most talented roster from 1 to 53 in the entire league, and as others have said, they are really good at running the ball & have an elite running back.

We are bad against the run. Sometimes we are worse than bad at stopping the run. The Saints have a smart, offensive minded Head Coach, who has won a SB. If the Saints are averaging 4.7 yards per carry, Payton will gladly run it 40 times in the game.

I believe we can win the game against the Saints, but it's going to take a complete team effort to win, and it will absolutely take a better performance than we had against the Panthers or Broncos to get it done.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:08 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That represents probably half of the active members on Chiefsplanet. It's ludicrous.

People that actually watch and cover football think this of the Chiefs:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/09/po...4-chiefs-bills

1. Kansas City Chiefs (11–1)

Last week: Win vs. Denver 22–16
This week: at Miami

The No. 1 passing offense in football, a top-10 rushing offense and a top-five defense. This team is complete, deep, well-coached and perpetually unbeatable. Nothing, not even holding the ball forever, apparently, can stop them.
Top 5? Please. They’ve been gashed repeatedly on the ground and the pass rush hasn’t even been strong. You could maybe make an argument for top 10 but even that’s a stretch.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:32 AM 12-10-2020
They're 6th in points allowed so it's definitely arguable they're a top 5 defense
[Reply]
stevieray 07:05 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They're 6th in points allowed so it's definitely arguable they're a top 5 defense
They are stingy as hell in the second half.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Top 5? Please. They’ve been gashed repeatedly on the ground and the pass rush hasn’t even been strong. You could maybe make an argument for top 10 but even that’s a stretch.
They're 6th in points, 2nd in INTs, 9th in forced turnover overall.

You can absolutely make a case for them to be top 10.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:26 AM 12-10-2020
They're 6th in points, 2nd in INTs, 9th in forced turnover overall.

You can absolutely make a case for them to be top 10.
One of the top teams in pressures and knockdowns which leads to having several corners having great coverage years as well.
[Reply]
Mav 02:42 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Cleveland doesn't scare me to be honest. They have an elite run game that we would struggle against, but we can score and score quick on that defense. Build a lead and the run game gets neutralized. I have doubts Mayfield can beat Mahomes in a shootout.

Sure can’t. Don’t have the horses on defense and I’d trust the Chiefs to get more stops than the Browns would get. Plus the Chiefs have the clear advantage at qb and receiving weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mav 02:43 PM 12-10-2020
Yeah.

Cleveland is built like Marty's Cleveland teams. They're tough enough but they're not good enough.

They have issues at DB. All the Chiefs would have to do is score early and take them out of their game.

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 92 of 162
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up