ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 192
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:26 AM 04-18-2024
I’m starting to get the feeling we get a trade up for a receiver.

I actually believe they are comfortable with Wanya.. but still foresee signing a stopgap like Smith for him to continue to develop.

Veach has seen how hard it is to move up a few picks, and will have to be aggressive. If it will really is down to guys like Polk you might as well trade out and wait.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's why I just don't think I'd go WR in the first if the big guys are gone.

I can get McMillan or Polk or whoever in round2 trading up.

Just take BPA at 32.
Depends on how the board falls. If Adonai Mitchell is there like in Bruglers mock then you gladly take him. If BTJ and Mitchell are gone then I think you trust your WR board for rd 2 bc at that point you’re clearly there.

I think Veach wants to move up for his guy, which will likely be a WR
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 04-18-2024
I don't think they move up for a WR. LT maybe.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:47 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I’m starting to get the feeling we get a trade up for a receiver.

I actually believe they are comfortable with Wanya.. but still foresee signing a stopgap like Smith for him to continue to develop.

Veach has seen how hard it is to move up a few picks, and will have to be aggressive. If it will really is down to guys like Polk you might as well trade out and wait.
Andys usually respectful and such in interviews and I really didn't get that vibe when he was asked about Wanya earlier in the week. It was like he knows what he's got to do to put in the work, he's in Texas and he needs more urgency. That's about as close to he sucked it up in his opportunity as Andy will ever get.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:17 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
We just showed we don't need elite weapons everywhere. But if you could go up and get Alt?

Yeah, do that. He's the perfect LT for what we do here.
We just showed that we don't need an elite LT either...I can play that game too.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:21 AM 04-18-2024
We gotta stop with this dumb discourse about the WRs and offense as a whole...last year didn't prove anything or show that it's ok.

We won that Super Bowl because the defense bailed out an anemic offense time and time and time again and they did *just enough* when the time mattered.

I'm done neglecting the weapons and expecting Pat to work miracles and make chicken salad out of chicken shit time and time again.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:25 AM 04-18-2024
How do we feel about the Adonai Mitchell diabetes reports? I understand it shouldn't be a huge game changer with today's technology and ability to monitor blood sugars accurately and consistently (Noah Gray has diabetes also- wasn't aware).

The reports of Adonai not taking a mature approach to his diabetes is somewhat alarming though no?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
We gotta stop with this dumb discourse about the WRs and offense as a whole...last year didn't prove anything or show that it's ok.

We won that Super Bowl because the defense bailed out an anemic offense time and time and time again and they did *just enough* when the time mattered.

I'm done neglecting the weapons and expecting Pat to work miracles and make chicken salad out of chicken shit time and time again.
So is Veach. Thus the signing of Hollywood Brown.

Also if BTJ and Mitchell are off the board the Chiefs may view the next 7-10 WR’s as the same value as 2nd rd talents and elect to take one in the 2nd rd while taking something else in the first.

Draft is really deep the position. It wouldn’t surprise anyone if they took WR in rd 2 again
[Reply]
Jerm 09:30 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Shoes:
How do we feel about the Adonai Mitchell diabetes reports? I understand it shouldn't be a huge game changer with today's technology and ability to monitor blood sugars accurately and consistently (Noah Gray has diabetes also- wasn't aware).

The reports of Adonai not taking a mature approach to his diabetes is somewhat alarming though no?
I think it's the classic case of a team wanting him to slide down the board so they float this out there in hopes that'll work...

I mean you literally hear nothing about it until the week before the draft...I'm just saying lol.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:38 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think being a complete team is more of the time to make bold moves than when you aren't a complete team. We're not 10 pieces away from being an impact team. We are the impact team that needs a piece or two that would set the long-term up nicely.
I get the idea, but the risk if you're wrong about that player when you're giving up two years of 1sts plus a 2nd round pick to do it is so much higher.

You take that shot, you better be perfectly right and get a perennial Pro Bowl talent, because you're sacrificing a lot of depth to do it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:

They just won back to back Sb's doing it.

The first year had one of the best offenses in history, they lost JJSS and had a rough year of drops and miscommunications and wacky shit.

I'd guess they're banking on a regression to the mean there.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:56 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I get the idea, but the risk if you're wrong about that player when you're giving up two years of 1sts plus a 2nd round pick to do it is so much higher.

You take that shot, you better be perfectly right and get a perennial Pro Bowl talent, because you're sacrificing a lot of depth to do it.
It's just me but I don't see it as this incredible risk because you''d still have several mid to late round picks this year and next and Veach has shown he's really, really good at finding quality players in those rounds...

And I get the whole point about needing to be right but if we're all being honest...if the Chiefs got Nabers or Odunze, does anyone really believe either wouldn't be anything short of a superstar here?
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 04-18-2024
They can't get from 32 to the top 10 to get one of those guys feasible. So we're all mentally jerking off here.

But taking a WR at 32 probably leads to getting a lesser player at a different position in the 2nd vs taking the better prospect at (insert position) then taking a WR in the 2nd.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:07 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I don't think most people are talking about spending two 1's and a 2 to go get anyone. If that's the case, you're correct in that you better be getting a stud.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:13 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Shoes:

I'm teetering between they want to write off his shitty low effort play with it or its the reason he slides. I expected a little more to come out and pull the curtain back on what the narrative was supposed to be but I haven't seen anything else yet.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 192
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190 > Last »
Up