ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 140
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159
Frankie 01:17 PM 07-31-2011
Passenger jet breakes in two! How safe are those planes we ride everyday? :-)

http://news.yahoo.com/cheers-screams...185128270.html

GEORGETOWN, Guyana (AP) — Officials say a U.S. team is expected soon in the South American nation of Guyana to probe the crash of a Boeing 737 jetliner that all 163 people aboard survived.

Authorities so far have given little idea about the cause of Saturday's crash. The Caribbean Airlines plane ran off the end of a runway at Guyana's main airport and broke in two. About 30 people had to be treated at a local hospital, including the pilot.

The airline is largely owned by the government of Trinidad and Tobago and its prime minister has visited the crash site. Kamla Persad-Bissessar says she is worried that the accident will hurt tourism to the Caribbean, a region that depends heavily on the industry.
[Reply]
evenfall 03:17 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
...and there's absolutely no doubt you'll vote for him again.
9 out of 10 people who overrate their intelligence by several thousand percentage points will.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:19 PM 08-04-2011
I have a relative who is a current airline pilot. He and his family just stopped in my office for a visit, and I showed him this photo and your post.

He was still laughing when he left 45 minutes later.
[Reply]
Donger 03:20 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I have a relative who is a current airline pilot. He and his family just stopped in my office for a visit, and I showed him this photo and your post.

He was still laughing when he left 45 minutes later.
So, you are stating that he is a bigot?
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:23 PM 08-04-2011
No, I'm saying he said he has 12,000 hours in a commercial plane in the cockpit and thinks Frankie is missing a chromosome.
[Reply]
loochy 03:27 PM 08-04-2011
No, I'm saying he said he has 12,000 hours in a commercial plane in the cockpit and thinks Frankie is missing a chromosome.
Oh, so he IS a bigot then.
[Reply]
loochy 03:28 PM 08-04-2011
Oh yeah, your relative is an idiot and can only laugh if his IQ is above 190.
[Reply]
4th and Long 03:30 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Donger:
Can one (or some) of you provide some assistance? I don't remember writing this in this thread as Frankie says that I did: "I don't believe you." I'm kind of multi-tasking right now and don't have time to go through the entire thread. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
OK ...
"I don't believe you."
How's that? Need anything else?

How about this?
That whole, round wheel thing, ... it'll never catch on.
I can use you as a ventriloquist's dummy some more if you like. All you have to do is ask.
No, but thanks for offering 4th. I appreciate it.
No problem, Donger. You're welcome, buddy.
[Reply]
Saul Good 03:30 PM 08-04-2011
So have we answered the real question here? How safe are those planes we fly in every day?

If they are going to fall apart every time they crash, I don't think they are very safe at all. I mean, thank God that crash happened on the ground. Could you imagine what would have happened if that plane had careened off the runway at 36,000 feet in the air? Bad news, man.

I think I'm going to write a letter to my congressman demanding that we immediately halt the use of any runways that are more than 25,000 off the ground until we can be assured that planes will not sustain damage when crashing.
[Reply]
Saul Good 03:31 PM 08-04-2011
So have we answered the real question here? How safe are those planes we fly in every day?

If they are going to fall apart every time they crash, I don't think they are very safe at all. I mean, thank God that crash happened on the ground. Could you imagine what would have happened if that plane had careened off the runway at 36,000 feet in the air? Bad news, man.

I think I'm going to write a letter to my congressman demanding that we immediately halt the use of any runways that are more than 25,000 off the ground until we can be assured that planes will not sustain damage when crashing.
[Reply]
loochy 03:33 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:

Well I've been in 43 plane crashes in my life so the planes probably aren't very safe.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:39 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Flowers for Algernon?
I tried to do a critical analysis of that book in that it should be considered a piece of "serious" literature. I'm fairly certain I failed miserably at doing it because I didn't put enough time into it, but the fact remains its premise is still relevant. Shit, Limitless is Flowers for Algernon without the sad ending.
[Reply]
BoltWalt 03:41 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by noonan:
Hey that could happen if it ran off the runway at 30,000 feet, don't laugh.
Where is there a runway at 30,000 feet? No where on earth.
[Reply]
loochy 03:44 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by BoltWalt:
You are right. There's not one ON Earth....it's ABOVE earth.
[Reply]
Pants 03:48 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by BoltWalt:
Sounds like Frankie's mult.
[Reply]
Donger 03:52 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
OK ...

How's that? Need anything else?

How about this?

I can use you as a ventriloquist's dummy some more if you like. All you have to do is ask.

No problem, Donger. You're welcome, buddy.
Okay, I deserved that.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 44 of 140
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up