Tulsa is the new Springfield MO
Kind of..
Still miss Greene County

FWIW
Would never move to Pomona CA
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:32 AM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Would you have rather they sold the video to TMZ or some shit? They followed their rules. They apparently did with it the same they do with all unaired footage but only after the investigation of this incident was completed.
^ This.
The Police Department did not need it. What good would it do to have it available for a leak or someone being offered coin for it.

I know one thing, Dan Abrams is sad about it getting canceled. The guy is a uber liberal but has made close to 10 mil to date off of it.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:22 PM 07-28-2020

get woke, go broke, to the extreme. $300M loss for A&E. Their ratings are now worse than the SyFy channel
[Reply]
vailpass 10:29 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

get woke, go broke, to the extreme. $300M loss for A&E. Their ratings are now worse than the SyFy channel
Good. Now somebody needs to pick up Live PD. Is that contractually possible?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:45 PM 07-28-2020
Well, that’s not exactly true.

First off, A&E is a joint venture between Disney and Hearst so they can take the hit. Secondly, while the Live PD programs brought in $292 million last year, A&E isn’t suddenly receiving zero ad revenues because they pulled the show.

On top of that, all ad revenues are down this year due to constant repeats and it sucks for all of us whose income is derived from ad dollars.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:54 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Good. Now somebody needs to pick up Live PD. Is that contractually possible?
It looks like it’s possible but I wouldn’t say it’s likely. If Viacom/CBS and Disney are out, I’d be surprised if NBC/Universal picks it up and puts it on Bravo or the Peacock. Fox doesn’t own any type of reality TV network.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...police-1298804

The fallout for the reality TV patrol-car genre also snagged ViacomCBS, whose Paramount Network canceled the long-running Cops on June 9. The conglomerate also cut ties with Live PD producer Big Fish, which produced VH1's Love & Hip Hop and Black Ink Crew franchises. ViacomCBS sources suggest that backlash over Big Fish destroying unaired Live PD footage showing the 2019 killing of Javier Ambler in Austin, Texas, was part of the reason for severing ties.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:59 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, that’s not exactly true.

First off, A&E is a joint venture between Disney and Hearst so they can take the hit. Secondly, while the Live PD programs brought in $292 million last year, A&E isn’t suddenly receiving zero ad revenues because they pulled the show.

On top of that, all ad revenues are down this year due to constant repeats and it sucks for all of us whose income is derived from ad dollars.
ok, so the figures are off. but what about next quarter? and the quarter after that? its still going to amount to hundreds of millions. Disney can afford to take hits, sure, but for how long? Their revenues are drying up pretty quick and they've done this over and over, doubling down with social justice stupidity.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:11 PM 07-28-2020
ok, so the figures are off. but what about next quarter? and the quarter after that? its still going to amount to hundreds of millions. Disney can afford to take hits, sure, but for how long? Their revenues are drying up pretty quick and they've done this over and over, doubling down with social justice stupidity.
The number lost will not be in the hundreds of millions and they will replace the programming.

Disney is worth more than $200 billion dollars so they can take a $150 million dollar revenue hit.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:42 PM 07-30-2020
It looks like it’s possible but I wouldn’t say it’s likely. If Viacom/CBS and Disney are out, I’d be surprised if NBC/Universal picks it up and puts it on Bravo or the Peacock. Fox doesn’t own any type of reality TV network.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...police-1298804

The fallout for the reality TV patrol-car genre also snagged ViacomCBS, whose Paramount Network canceled the long-running Cops on June 9. The conglomerate also cut ties with Live PD producer Big Fish, which produced VH1's Love & Hip Hop and Black Ink Crew franchises. ViacomCBS sources suggest that backlash over Big Fish destroying unaired Live PD footage showing the 2019 killing of Javier Ambler in Austin, Texas, was part of the reason for severing ties.
Well that certainly answers that, thanks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:56 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Well that certainly answers that, thanks.
Anytime, Dude, anytime

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:45 PM 10-01-2020
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...source=twitter

Cops' Quietly Resumes Production

Three months after it was canceled at Paramount Network, Cops is back in production — but is not set to air anywhere in the United States.

The long-running series has crews working in Spokane County, Washington, where it has filmed multiple times in the past. "We have a longstanding relationship with Cops and [series producer] Langley Productions, and we are pleased they have decided to return, highlighting the outstanding work our deputies provide to all of you," the Spokane County Sheriff's Office said in a press release. The release notes that two crews from the show began filming in September and will remain in the area through early November.

The episodes being filmed won't air in the United States. A spokesperson for Langley Productions tells The Hollywood Reporter that the episodes are being filmed to fulfill commitments in international territories where Cops still airs.

Paramount Network postponed the premiere of Cops' 33rd season after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis set off nationwide protests for racial and social justice, then canceled the show outright on June 9. A&E canceled its top-rated Live PD, which like Cops follows officers on patrol, around the same time. WGN America, which had off-network rights to the show, let its contract expire on June 30.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:05 PM 10-01-2020
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...source=twitter

Cops' Quietly Resumes Production

Three months after it was canceled at Paramount Network, Cops is back in production — but is not set to air anywhere in the United States.

The long-running series has crews working in Spokane County, Washington, where it has filmed multiple times in the past. "We have a longstanding relationship with Cops and [series producer] Langley Productions, and we are pleased they have decided to return, highlighting the outstanding work our deputies provide to all of you," the Spokane County Sheriff's Office said in a press release. The release notes that two crews from the show began filming in September and will remain in the area through early November.

The episodes being filmed won't air in the United States. A spokesperson for Langley Productions tells The Hollywood Reporter that the episodes are being filmed to fulfill commitments in international territories where Cops still airs.

Paramount Network postponed the premiere of Cops' 33rd season after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis set off nationwide protests for racial and social justice, then canceled the show outright on June 9. A&E canceled its top-rated Live PD, which like Cops follows officers on patrol, around the same time. WGN America, which had off-network rights to the show, let its contract expire on June 30.
Thanks for the info.
I miss Live PD. The wife, not so much
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:27 PM 10-01-2020
I seriously think pulling these programs is a disservice to the nation.

One can quibble that it venerates the officers, but it really doesn't overly. And more importantly, it gives the nation a view into what the everyday job is.

That's not even excusing misconduct, but giving a fuller picture of how often things go sideways in an instant, and how things can go smoothly or rough. How different interactions play out. Strategies and gambits.

Just be more informed about what is happening, so when allegations of misconduct arise, the citizenry aren't coming in completely in the dark and thrust into passionate discourse.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:10 PM 10-01-2020
Live PD does a good job showing what the job is like. It is mostly pretty monotonous and boring but things change in an instant and you have to react. I like how Live PD shows what so much of police work is which is understanding for the most part there is a certain range of reactions humans have to certain things happening and when they act outside of that range there is usually a reason for it and you need to find out why.

I think it is about as close as you can get to showing the profession and still have it be something you can put on television. Cops is good but seems a little bit more silly and the cops go on these weird soap box tangents that make for some eye rolls.

It is also funny having one of the cities be the place I went to college. Some good memories on those streets!
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:12 PM 10-01-2020
ABC has a new show called "Emergency Call" that I am interested to see. It can be tough capturing some of that drama because it is not that interesting visually a lot of times. Could not imagine having a video team in my unit.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:39 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I seriously think pulling these programs is a disservice to the nation.

One can quibble that it venerates the officers, but it really doesn't overly. And more importantly, it gives the nation a view into what the everyday job is.

That's not even excusing misconduct, but giving a fuller picture of how often things go sideways in an instant, and how things can go smoothly or rough. How different interactions play out. Strategies and gambits.

Just be more informed about what is happening, so when allegations of misconduct arise, the citizenry aren't coming in completely in the dark and thrust into passionate discourse.
COPS back on FoxNation, new content, . . . not syndication of reruns.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up