ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 56
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:09 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Who's Vito?
The fat guy that lost 150 lbs. He's not had much of a roll on the show until this season. He's famous for his "oral" scene near the end of last season.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:11 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Just like Lost, the previews for next week looked encouraging.

Can we please put an end to the Dr. Melfi nonsense? What a waste of 10 minutes in last night's show.

I found myself struggling to stay awake last night.
Dr. Melfi is a critical part of the show. In the early years, allot of the show revolved around Tony's visits to Dr. Melfi. After Tony recovers, I'm sure he's going to spend allot of time in her office. So, get used to it.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:15 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan:
Dr. Melfi is a critical part of the show. In the early years, allot of the show revolved around Tony's visits to Dr. Melfi. After Tony recovers, I'm sure he's going to spend allot of time in her office. So, get used to it.
Really? Redundant re-hashing of the obvious dialog is 'critical' to the show? Interesting.

I must have forgotten that in seasons past.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 09:17 AM 03-27-2006
Just like Lost, the previews for next week looked encouraging.

Can we please put an end to the Dr. Melfi nonsense? What a waste of 10 minutes in last night's show.

I found myself struggling to stay awake last night.
Looks like a NY/NJ dispute over solid waste disposal rights. They'll make nice for episode 5 when everyone attends Johnny's daughter's wedding.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:17 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by Otter:
What "things" are you talking about?

We're interested in hearing what you have to say; what "thigs"? Do you feel they're going to unravel quickly? Why or why not?

Everytime I open this thread it's you saying somthing meaningless to keep you post at the top.

:-)
"thigs"?

......another of your usual foot-in-mouth posts. You make yourself look ignorant and hypocritical every time you post on this thread. Participate and/or quit complaining and/or shut up. I'm not responding to your dumbassery again. (yes I made that word up just for you)
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:20 AM 03-27-2006
Really? Redundant re-hashing of the obvious dialog is 'critical' to the show? Interesting.

I must have forgotten that in seasons past.
Tony sitting in Melfi's office talking about his inner feelings is very important. He's been doing it since the very first episode. Yes, it's critical to the show. I agree, sometimes it can seem boring. I'd rather see someone getting wacked or some sort of action. But, those visits with Dr. Melfi, sometimes, sets up everything else.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:22 AM 03-27-2006
heh, good to see I'm not the only one who can't stand her. Not just her character, but the actress who plays her.... always hated her. It's her voice, and...the....slow....pace....at......which......she..............speaks.

Hope she gets whacked.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:31 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
heh, good to see I'm not the only one who can't stand her. Not just her character, but the actress who plays her.... always hated her. It's her voice, and...the....slow....pace....at......which......she..............speaks.

Hope she gets whacked.
Dr. Melfi getting whacked? ............ That would be interesting. :-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:49 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan:
Tony sitting in Melfi's office talking about his inner feelings is very important. He's been doing it since the very first episode. Yes, it's critical to the show. I agree, sometimes it can seem boring. I'd rather see someone getting wacked or some sort of action. But, those visits with Dr. Melfi, sometimes, sets up everything else.
Sometimes? Aside from the series in which Melfi really wanted to tell Tony she was raped to get 'revenge' I found nothing remotely interesting or foreshadowing about those sequences. Even worse was the times where Melfi would go to her shrink to talk about Tony.

I would have rather watched Pauly ice down his sack for 10 minutes rather than watch Carmella come to the realization that she's a mob boss' wife...OMG Really? NO!
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:51 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:

Hope she gets whacked.
That's just to soak up valuable broadcast minutes...The finished product would only have been 44 minutes last night, otherwise.

I liked her role in GoodFellas, however.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 10:00 AM 03-27-2006
Sometimes? Aside from the series in which Melfi really wanted to tell Tony she was raped to get 'revenge' I found nothing remotely interesting or foreshadowing about those sequences. Even worse was the times where Melfi would go to her shrink to talk about Tony.

I would have rather watched Pauly ice down his sack for 10 minutes rather than watch Carmella come to the realization that she's a mob boss' wife...OMG Really? NO!
OK. Whatever. You just don't get it. :-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:32 AM 03-27-2006
I liked her role in GoodFellas, however.
Great point! I forgot she was the wife in Goodfellas.

Okay, so I don't totally despise her.... just most of the time :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:58 AM 03-27-2006
Loved Paulie prattling on, resulting in K.Finnerty's agita. Then he tells 'the guys' that he was holding T's hand when the bells and whistles went off.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:00 AM 03-27-2006
It's the story of a guy with a big mouth, . . and bigger dreams. :-) :-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 11:40 AM 03-27-2006
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Loved Paulie prattling on, resulting in K.Finnerty's agita. Then he tells 'the guys' that he was holding T's hand when the bells and whistles went off.
Yes, that was pretty good.

Any theories on what the 'searchlight' was shown outside his hotel window? They seemed to focus on it at every chance.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 56
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up