ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2015 of 4814
« First < 1015151519151965200520112012201320142015 201620172018201920252065211525153015 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:47 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
With a young qb? Yes.

But Mahomes is a different breed
Yep. Mahomes is 2-0..both wins on the road against division rivals.
[Reply]
TEX 10:48 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, lucky for you that KC went to SD - a team that historically struggles early, home or away. And now, you travel to PIT without Bell and they're coming off a road OT tie in Cleveland.

Chiefs close out the season with 3 of their final 4 games in KC in December - that's a huge advantage. And, I'm willing to bet that most of you would not change that if given the chance. Honestly, tell me you would rather be on the road in December?

Denver plays 5 games in December, 3 on the road ... I know that I would much rather have teams in Denver in December.
Again - in ANY race - give me the advantage at the beginning, and I have no doubt I'll win more than I lose ...Makes a whole lot more sense have an advantage so that your competition is chasing you from the get-go, rather than you having to paly catch up. Very simple concept... If a team takes advantage of a heavily loaded front home schedule, they can stay in the race longer, which will lead to many different team decisions and more competitive scenarios, than if they're OUT of it early.

Fact is, way different conditions exist at the end of the season, than at the beginning. As many of your kind swore - the last game of the season last year meant nothing to Denver. Some even say that they weren't really trying. True??

Just comical, but typical, how you continually say that you don't see the advantage of a front loaded home schedule. Especially in thin are, where conditioning is a factor. :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:03 AM 09-10-2018
Chubb schools Duane Brown and Von cleans it up...

Chubb puts Duane Brown on skates and Chris Harris cleans it up...

:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:04 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Are you trying to sell me on that the early thin air/home games really sucks? You went 3-1...then ended 5-11.

It actually worked against them last year...as they might have been picking #2 and landed a future franchise QB.
What I'm saying is... I'd prefer to have the home games late in the season when teams are injured, tired, etc ... rather than early when everyone (including DEN) is working out the kinks.

Some of you share the opinion that playing in Denver early is worse than late - I just differ in that stance. I think there's a location advantage either way, I would prefer it to be late when it's colder.

I understand how last year went...

Originally Posted by TEX:
Again - in ANY race - give me the advantage at the beginning, and I have no doubt I'll win more than I lose ...Makes a whole lot more sense have an advantage so that your competition is chasing you from the get-go, rather than you having to paly catch up. Very simple concept... If a team takes advantage of a heavily loaded front home schedule, they can stay in the race longer, which will lead to many different team decisions and more competitive scenarios, than if they're OUT of it early.

Fact is, way different conditions exist at the end of the season, than at the beginning. As many of your kind swore - the last game of the season last year meant nothing to Denver. Some even say that they weren't really trying. True??

Just comical, but typical, how you continually say that you don't see the advantage of a front loaded home schedule. Especially in thin are, where conditioning is a factor. :-)
In a true race - sure... give me the early lead. We're talking about 16 games over 4 months. Again - I understand the location advantage. I guess I'm crazy for thinking it would be a greater advantage for Denver to play teams @ home later in the season compared to in September.

The claim is that teams are 'not conditioned or ready' because of a lighter preseason schedule. Ok. I would counter to say that late in the year, teams are more injured than they are early and that altitude advantage in the cold air would be more advantageous for Denver.

We disagree on that ... and that's fine.

As an example, Denver plays @ KC in October... I prefer that 10 out of 10 times rather than going there in December. KC travels to Denver in a few weeks... are you telling me that KC is at a better advantage playing there on October 1 or earlier compared to in December?

We just see things differently, I suppose.

Yes - I will agree that more home games early gives them a chance to have a better start... that catches up with them, as it did last year and years before. In the end, last year - they were still a 5 win team.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:18 AM 09-10-2018
[QUOTE=Mile High Mania;13721907]What I'm saying is... I'd prefer to have the home games late in the season when teams are injured, tired, etc ... rather than early when everyone (including DEN) is working out the kinks.

Some of you share the opinion that playing in Denver early is worse than late - I just differ in that stance. I think there's a location advantage either way, I would prefer it to be late when it's colder.

I understand how last year went...

In a true race - sure... give me the early lead. We're talking about 16 games over 4 months. Again - I understand the location advantage. I guess I'm crazy for thinking it would be a greater advantage for Denver to play teams @ home later in the season compared to in September.

The claim is that teams are 'not conditioned or ready' because of a lighter preseason schedule. Ok. I would counter to say that late in the year, teams are more injured than they are early and that altitude advantage in the cold air would be more advantageous for Denver.

We disagree on that ... and that's fine.

This is what I posted a few pages back. Fuck it. Denver starts out well and then fizzles. Denver on the road late is good with me
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:31 AM 09-10-2018
How many interceptions did the Donks new 18 million QB have?

Did he really look as bad as what media is saying?

When are they bring in Swaggy?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:40 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
How many interceptions did the Donks new 18 million QB have?

Did he really look as bad as what media is saying?

When are they bring in Swaggy?
He did throw 3, 2 bad and one was a great play by the DB.

Case looked pretty good, no clue what the media is saying, but the offense played well.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:24 PM 09-10-2018

The Broncos had seven pass plays of 20+yards in their season-opening win vs. Seattle, marking the 3rd most of any NFL team for Week 1.

Denver's seven pass plays of 20+yards were its 2nd-most in a season opener over the last 25 years, trailing only its 9 such plays vs BAL in '13. pic.twitter.com/R9Ss0mKhV2

— Patrick Smyth (@psmyth12) September 10, 2018

[Reply]
TEX 12:28 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-) Dude. NOBODY fears Denver. It's like you're trying to talk yourself into something that's just not there.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 09-10-2018
It's funny when someone says Denver has struggled with TE's for years...that's smart when one of the best in the game is in your division.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:30 PM 09-10-2018
He should post the gif of Chris Carson jumping over Bradley Roby like a bitch cause that was funny.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:33 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
He did throw 3, 2 bad and one was a great play by the DB.

Case looked pretty good, no clue what the media is saying, but the offense played well.
So 3 picks and he looked good? :-)

Case on pace for 32 Bad Interceptions and 16 picks that are not really his fault because the defense makes a play.

Looks like a shrewd signing by Elway. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:35 PM 09-10-2018

Does this total include the yardage gained by the Seahawks on all of those Case interceptions?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:44 PM 09-10-2018

I'll assume it's lost on you...but both of those games were in week one, in the thin air. Funny how that happens...

Remember when you put up 40 on the Cowboys in week two...you were trying to sell that team as world beaters too. Just wait until you hit the road...and teams have tape on Keesum in this offense.

I'm not the least bit surprised the Donks had 6 sacks...lets see if they repeat that without the early thin air/crowd noise.

We've seen this story before...you had a new OC last year too.

I picked you guys to win yesterday..by 3.

Chancellor retired, Thomas played after joining them 2 days before the game...and Sherman left for San Fran. Seattle is in the running for a top 3 pick. They have totally blown up that roster..and RW still had you down until the officials stepped in.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 09-10-2018
I just want to point out, Seattle who literally is the Russell Wilson show on offense and has a defense that has no one left other than a likely out of football shape Earl Thomas lost in Denver by 3 points on a job call...

That should be cause for concern not "my god we are good"

Seattle is a shit team with a handful of good players.
[Reply]
Page 2015 of 4814
« First < 1015151519151965200520112012201320142015 201620172018201920252065211525153015 > Last »
Up