ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 219 of 221
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:39 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Got my little one a fishing rod and tackle box for Christmas, I'm eagerly awaiting summer and posting in this thread more.

Fly rods are next X-Mas, right?
[Reply]
bdj23 06:44 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That's an expensive hobby. I kinda can cast a fly rod, but i haven't done it since i was a teen.
[Reply]
loochy 06:45 PM 12-03-2023
Do they make Snoopy fly rods?
[Reply]
bdj23 06:45 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Show him/her the way, Dad

Shoot, take them out on the next reasonably warm day, bluegill bite on anything
Gotta wait for Santa to bring it on Christmas, but if we can get a nice day in the winter i just might. My license is expired but that's an easy fix.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:48 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Gotta wait for Santa to bring it on Christmas, but if we can get a nice day in the winter i just might. My license is expired but that's an easy fix.
Yeah bruh, don't make them wait months to use it... even if nothings biting they're going to learn the ropes and get to use their new gift
[Reply]
bdj23 06:59 PM 12-03-2023
Yeah bruh, don't make them wait months to use it... even if nothings biting they're going to learn the ropes and get to use their new gift
I got a big enough yard that we can work on casting it and learning the ropes without a body of water but I'm excited to take her out and let her see some fish in real life.

She was scared of the 80lb blue cat in the tank at bass pro earlier
[Reply]
lewdog 01:25 PM 12-31-2023
I need some God damn help.

Santa got my son a fishing pole for Christmas. My son has been asking for months to go fishing. Santa knows his father fished world class trout streams in Montana and has no earthly idea how to Urban fish in Phoenix. I don't know what to use and how to rig for catching stuff here, so please excuse my likely incorrect terminology use here.

We fished 4 hours this weekend without a bite, although I'll say those around us got nothing either. Used Power bait balls and power bait worms. Son used a bobber and I tried a Texas rig setup (?) using a jig head with a long powerbait worm as the body, letting it sink and giving it some action every so often.

He still seems very interested after spending 2 hours fishing each day without a bite. I don't want him to get discouraged though!
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:33 PM 12-31-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Santa got my son a fishing pole for Christmas. My son has been asking for months to go fishing. Santa knows his father fished world class trout streams in Montana and has no earthly idea how to Urban fish in Phoenix. I don't know what to use and how to rig for catching stuff here, so please excuse my likely incorrect terminology use here.

We fished 4 hours this weekend without a bite, although I'll say those around us got nothing either. Used Power bait balls and power bait worms. Son used a bobber and I tried a Texas rig setup (?) using a jig head with a long powerbait worm as the body, letting it sink and giving it some action every so often.

He still seems very interested after spending 2 hours fishing each day without a bite. I don't want him to get discouraged though!
If he's enjoying it just tell him to stick with it and he'll get one soon enough, but until then just look at it as a good excuse for some quality time together
[Reply]
lewdog 01:36 PM 12-31-2023
If he's enjoying it just tell him to stick with it and he'll get one soon enough, but until then just look at it as a good excuse for some quality time together
I know but I am afraid I also don't know how to do a proper setup or provide the right action. I've just been googling shit but I grew up fishing rivers/streams, never lakes or ponds. We never used weights or floats or any of that shit!
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:44 PM 12-31-2023
Sweet this thread pops up.

I was just casting out front trying out my new fire engine Silvercat Elite Light 7'6' rod and 4.9:1 gear ratio Salt Striker reel. casts beautifully

Got it from BPS in Kansas City I mean Santa delivered.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:50 PM 12-31-2023
I know but I am afraid I also don't know how to do a proper setup or provide the right action. I've just been googling shit but I grew up fishing rivers/streams, never lakes or ponds. We never used weights or floats or any of that shit!
You should meet up with Megatron one of these days soon, I'm sure he can get you going in the right direction

Or just keep youtubing for stuff and you'll no doubt find a lot of good advice

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:53 PM 12-31-2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:08 PM 12-31-2023

Where are you fishing and what are you fishing for, specifically?

Also, give me a rundown of exactly what gear you're fishing with.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:52 PM 12-31-2023

Get some night crawlers and work your way up from that.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:53 PM 12-31-2023
Where are you fishing and what are you fishing for, specifically?

Also, give me a rundown of exactly what gear you're fishing with.
Tierra verde lake park. Says it's stocked with trout, bass, bluegill and catfish.

Here's a video at that lake. I don't know what he's using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkmdW6Evn8

I have a basic fishing pole. I have been trying trout eggs and powerbait worms (they really do look like real worms!). I have no idea what I should be using or how to be using it!
[Reply]
Page 219 of 221
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221 >
Up